Three gun for Saint Tommy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

philtee
Club Player

From The Age story -
"It is understood Walsh would prefer to stay with the Saints, but his manager, Michael Quinlan, has fielded interest from rival clubs.
Quinlan did not return calls from The Age yesterday".

If I was Walsh's manager, in the middle of contract negotiations, I'd be putting out the word that other clubs were interested too.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

StIck.. you stick with it mate !

I didn't actually say Lynch was slow in my original post .. all I said was Lynch was played 5 times and Walsh didn't get one go when we needed to add pace.

So all I was saying was Lynch didn't add pace to our side - not that he was slow in my original post.

If you go to the Tom Lynch thread you'll find posts from people that distinctly and blatantly say that Tom Lynch lacks pace... and go even further than that - that he's slow.
Why didn't you have a go at them ?

Walsh is faster than Lynch .. does that mean he lacks pace .. well yes he's not quick... but others have gone further and said he's slow !
Last edited by samoht on Thu 13 Oct 2011 11:45am, edited 2 times in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

good work Gusto
im stoked if he has signed with us and has decided to stay and have a crack
if he has been told he is a required player in the seniors then thats great news

interesting that he was one of the younger brigade that said if ross stayed he wanted out

go TW :D :D

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

samoht wrote:If you go to the Tom Lynch thread you'll find posts from people that distinctly and blatantly say that Tom Lynch lacks pace... and go even further than that - that he's slow.
Why didn't you have a go at them ?
Because I'm not denying that fact myself mate, I've seen first hand Tom get outrun by someone and pace is not his strength. You've completely missed my point and its got nothing to do with his pace or lack thereof.

My point was I just think he deserved more than his 5 games he got this year and he didn't deserve to be caught up in the they should have played Walsh over Lynch arguement that you brought up which was very harsh towards Lynch. Can I not support my teams player? There is a strong arguement that Lynch and Walsh should have both played at least a dozen each this year.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
samoht
Saintsational Legend

You're the one missing the point ..
What I posted wasn't harsh to Lynch - what I said was he doesn't add pace to our side... big deal ! .. whilst Walsh who could have got one of Lynch's games does.

if that gives you the right to single my post out and ask if I'm .. "f..n serious" aren't you yourself being harsh and over-reacting ?

Someone posted that Lynch was " s,,," and looked slow on the Lynch thread - but escaped your attention ?
Last edited by samoht on Thu 13 Oct 2011 11:56am, edited 3 times in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

too slow

and we want pace
so prob gone

so be it
no hard feelings
good luck at the crows lynchy 8-)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

There is really a vibe (probably created by Ross) that we all think we don't have any forwards, yet people are already trying to pinch two of ours.

I guess our stock levels are OK really, we just haven't been able to see what many of them can do at senior level.

Roo, Kosi, Lynch, Stanley, Walsh, Cahill, Johnson, Ferguson, Siposs, Gamble, Milne, Schneider

It's quite funny really. :)

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

samoht wrote:In Ross we blindly trusted !!
At least some of us saw that not giving Walsh a game was wrong and posted our disapproval .. Lynch got 5 games, I'm sure Walsh could have got one game !

We needed to add pace and yet Ross played Lynch 5 times this year ahead of Walsh !!!

Come On !!
Look I probably didn't have to say what i said, but that was just my disbelief at what I was reading, I'm sure you've heard or read worse champ so sorry if you took deep offense.

I've always stuck up for Lynch, one, because he is a saints player and I rarely bag my own and two, because he hasn't had much chance to cement his spot because of RL's policies.

Your arguement, as stated above was the because Lynch played 5 games, surely that entitled Walsh to play at least one. I singled out your arguement and challenged it. Would you prefer to just write things and for people to either agree or just ignore your comment if they don't agree? :?:

Strength through Loyalty
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I honestly reckon we'll delist guys like Peake, Polo and Gamble before losing Walsh...Even if we pay overs on his contact.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I honestly reckon we'll delist guys like Peake, Polo and Gamble before losing Walsh...Even if we pay overs on his contact.
It sometimes doesn't work that way. You don't always get the choice.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I honestly reckon we'll delist guys like Peake, Polo and Gamble before losing Walsh...Even if we pay overs on his contact.
We shouldn't delist Peake, and should do our best to keep Walsh. But if Melbourne were to offer a priority pick for him what would you do? I don't like losing any players but if we were going to get something huge for him, then you'd have to consider it.

Polo and Gamble, well, they are bit part players/security who wouldn't be on much coin I wouldn't have thought. But as stated, we may not be able to choose.

Strength through Loyalty
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Unless Walsh doesn't wish to remain a Saint which I highly doubt. It's not like the other clubs are going to be offering 300k. We will keep him if we really want to.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

StIck there's nothing wrong with challenging what I post.

My argument is our side needs pace .. and yet we played Lynch 5 times ahead of Walsh (a similar sized player who can add some pace) 0 times.
If that's posting something outrageous .. that warrants you singling me out - then where have you been ?
Challenge what I posted ... without offending... that's fine.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

samoht wrote:StIck there's nothing wrong with challenging what I post.

My argument is our side needs pace .. and yet we played Lynch 5 times ahead of Walsh (a similar sized player who can add some pace) 0 times.
If that's posting something outrageous .. that warrants you singling me out - then where have you been ?
Yawn... going round in circles I'm well and truly over it.

Apparantly Melbourne showing some interest, after Dawes, and Clark. Not much they haven't really shown interest in but cant see it happening.

Strength through Loyalty
samoht
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
samoht wrote:StIck there's nothing wrong with challenging what I post.

Yawn... going round in circles I'm well and truly over it.
Okay I accept your qualified apology which I had to nevertheless work hard for...hence the need to go round and round in circles
,, but you've just made it sound like I should apologise on top !
You're well and truly over it ??.. :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
noob wrote:If he were to be traded what would the best offer be from another club?
Ross's head on a platter.
As Hayes 66 posted above - we still don't know if we has what it takes and
we should have found out by giving him a couple of games in the AFL.

Lynch had 5 games this year - and we knew after game 3 he may lack pace at AFL level - but we still gave him another 2 games after that.
Walsh doesn't lack pace .. maybe he has what it takes - couldn't he have got 2 of Lynch's 5 games ?
I still dont get how RL may be responsible for Walsh leaving.RL isnt here anymore so if Walsh leaves it cant be because of RL. It makes no sense.

westy
Club Player

I am of the firm opinion that these arsewipes that call themselves newspapers make it up or exaggerate any story that has the slightest connection with St Kilda. The only way to shut the creeps up is to thrash Collingwood, Geelong, Bulldogs, Eagles, Dongers Hawks and beat whoever is left in all games next season. In addition to that win the premiership in a landslide, Nicky Dal win the Brownlow, Jason Gram and Lenny Hayes tie for the Norm Smith Medal, Tommy Walsh gets the Coleman medal, one of the new boys gets the Rising Star Award, Nick Rievoldt gets the Players Association MVP, Zac gets the Footy Show Award and so it goes. If I have forgotten anybody I am sorry. Oh yes I know, Bruce McAvaney has Judds’ love child and retires to look after the little cretin.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
jays
Club Player

better not lose him

Davo027
Club Player

hey..not that it makes a great deal of difference but Tommy Walsh is happy at the Saints and I think he'll hang in there ..Just my opinion......

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
Rosco
Club Player

very well written spaceman - but i've made one change:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Ross Lyon, the guy who stifled the dream has cut and run for the purpler pastures of Freo. But we, the supporters, are still here.
forever will i think of "perceived greener" pastures as being purple

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:very well written spaceman - but i've made one change:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Ross Lyon, the guy who stifled the dream has cut and run for the purpler pastures of Freo. But we, the supporters, are still here.
forever will i think of "perceived greener" pastures as being purple
:D

gringo
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I'd suggest it's not just about opportunity for Tommy. He apparently considers this his "job", so if another club offers him a significant amount more money than us, which you'd imagine they could, given our tight salary cap, it would be hard for Tommy to knock that back. He may well have plans to go back to Ireland some day and with their economy in the shitter, this is probably the best opportunity in his life to make some good cash and set himself up financially. So if another club comes along and virtually guarantees him a game and perhaps double the cash, how hard would it be to knock that back?

The only good thing Lyon did was not play him...it takes balls for a board to say lets offer well above market rate for a guy with two years development at a vfl club, he hasn't been exposed to the wider footy community but the whispers of the fans get around. we have talked him up to the point others think he really is plugger mark 2. Lyon may have kept his stocks lower.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

All the fault of the Walsh Messianic Society here.

:wink:

We were trying not to talk him up too much. Plugger66 had the right idea.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
sainterinsydney
Club Player

They are saying on FB that Ameet Bains was interviewed on SEN, and that he said Walsh was a required player next year. I guess that puts this trade talk to rest.

He also said that Lynch is contracted and unless something drastic occurred, he isn't going anywhere.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

crux of it is tommy is a rookie so no contract

he has been told he is a required player next year and will be on the senior list

he wants to stay

it should get done baring a "lyon"...

#1 Ryder fan