Paul Cahill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Thinks he's a cracker, but he's a fizzer. Time to move him on.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
B-rad

Saints94 wrote:How is his devolpment going? anyone know?
His SMS finger is pretty developed, lol. He was texting a girl i know earlier in the year, more than Warnie texts Liz :P

vacuous space
SS Life Member

B-rad wrote:He was texting a girl...
Sounds like trouble. Delist.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Very maligned here... Hada decent season with sandy... Has some tools 2 work with

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Very maligned here... Hada decent season with sandy... Has some tools 2 work with
Agree.

Very easy to write him off as a hack.

But I suppose it may come down to whether a tall forward, with some tools and three years in the system, offers more than whoever might be available at pick 68 in the draft.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Send him to Sydney. They will develop him !

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

I love the way this place works......Tommy has gone, the king is dead, we need a new messiah, so "All hail King Paul".

Don't get me wrong, I'm on board, but I really hope he is the King, not just a naughty boy.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Send him to Sydney. They will develop him !
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 1ltu8.html

"Sydney’s success with Tadhg Kennelly—who played with Walsh for County Kerry in the 2009 All Ireland final—and Canadian rugby union player Mike Pyke, convinced Walsh the Swans not only had the program to foster new talent but also the inclination to play it."

Isn't Adelaide in Australia? :wink: :P

savatage
SS Life Member

He'll need to build up that stick like figure. His body doesn't look like it's done a few pre-seasons...

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote:Very maligned here... Hada decent season with sandy... Has some tools 2 work with
4 games in the reserves - 8 in the seniors. Less than a goal a game. Missed the top ten that at least half a dozen VFL-listed players made in the B&F.

I would call that a pretty nondescript season. Excuse me if I think that sounds like he belongs on a VFL list not an AFL one.
Last edited by InkerSaint on Tue 18 Oct 2011 10:53am, edited 1 time in total.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I miss the Delete Post button. :?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
4 games in the reserves - 8 in the seniors. Less than a goal a game. Missed the top ten that at least half a dozen VFL-listed players made in the B&F.

I would call that a pretty nondescript season. Excuse me if I think that sounds like he belongs on a VFL list not an AFL one.
I think of few of those games were actually good ones though

that's what ur looking for

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:I love the way this place works......Tommy has gone, the king is dead, we need a new messiah, so "All hail King Paul".

Don't get me wrong, I'm on board, but I really hope he is the King, not just a naughty boy.
Stanley is definitely the messiah.
Cahill has to lose the dodgt mo. If i was the coach id tell him it had to go.
Trouble with these new young players *Cahill Stanley etc) is they pick up the hot chicks before they have even done anything. At least in the old days you had to be a star befopre anyone recognised you. Now anyone on a list is a star.
Certainly de-motivates.

B_O_N_D_Y

Cahill = GONE!

Spoke to him briefly at B&F.. He seems as good a bloke as he is a footballer... (I may be wrong as he is south australian and alot of them have no personality...)

Clogging up the list... Out of contract and out of time..

LondonSaint
Club Player

So in a team that lacks key forwards, you want to sack a good young tall? He's had a heap of injuries in 3 years... is a good mark/kick, never given an opportunity.

I'll give him another year to prove himself at least.. raph had 8 years

I would delist the following 5 before cahill

1. Raph (sorry, can't dispose of the ball in the backline is a huge liability whichever way you look at it.. also is injury prone)
2. Blake (too old, dodgy disposal)
3. Gamble (not quick/skill enough to be a small, or big/strong enough to be a tall/key position.)
4. Geary (dodgy kick, slight build, not good enough, 24 year next yr)
5. Ray (dodgy kick, didn't add anything to the midfield)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

LondonSaint wrote:So in a team that lacks key forwards, you want to sack a good young tall? He's had a heap of injuries in 3 years... is a good mark/kick, never given an opportunity.

I'll give him another year to prove himself at least.. raph had 8 years

I would delist the following 5 before cahill

1. Raph (sorry, can't dispose of the ball in the backline is a huge liability whichever way you look at it.. also is injury prone)
2. Blake (too old, dodgy disposal)
3. Gamble (not quick/skill enough to be a small, or big/strong enough to be a tall/key position.)
4. Geary (dodgy kick, slight build, not good enough, 24 year next yr)
5. Ray (dodgy kick, didn't add anything to the midfield)
Just because you are young doesnt mean you deserve your spot on the list. Cahill should be behind all those guys. I have probably seen 15 games of Cahills and i just reckon he doesnt work anywhere near hard enough. He seems like a nice guy so he should fit in at a suburban club.

B-rad

vacuous space wrote:
I didnt tell the full story as for my first post on here it might have been a bit sensationalist but yeah she actually showed me the pix he sent her of himself, on her phone... this was all happening around the time of that other issue. I called bulls*** when she told me, as I couldn't believe a player could be so stupid, but had to eat humble pie when she showed the pix.
When she was boasting about him being a Saints player, i was like "never heard of him", lol.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe the Yabby Jeans Development Academy can assist Paul & a few others to harness the talent that they occasionally show.

We really have ignored junior player development for the best part of a decade. Since Roo, Dal & co were drafted both GT & RL have focused on the top end & spent little effort to fast track kids in the manner that other clubs do.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

B-rad wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
I didnt tell the full story as for my first post on here it might have been a bit sensationalist but yeah she actually showed me the pix he sent her of himself, on her phone... this was all happening around the time of that other issue. I called bulls*** when she told me, as I couldn't believe a player could be so stupid, but had to eat humble pie when she showed the pix.
When she was boasting about him being a Saints player, i was like "never heard of him", lol.
If you are a saints supporter why hadn't you heard of him :?:

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
B-rad wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
So many months ago he texted a girl, perhaps on several occasions, and maybe sent her a picture of himself. Is that it?

Many reasons to delist the bloke but I don't see this as one of them. :roll:

B-rad

Dr Spaceman wrote:
8856brother wrote:
B-rad wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
So many months ago he texted a girl, perhaps on several occasions, and maybe sent her a picture of himself. Is that it?

Pic was of him in jeans, no top on. Just really didnt come across as a smart thing to be doing when that other issue was going on.

Well that and he was telling her she should have gone out with him as he was a Saints player.

To that earlier poster, I hadn't heard of him as I only follow those who play in the senior side :P

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

B-rad wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
8856brother wrote:
B-rad wrote:
vacuous space wrote:

Pic was of him in jeans, no top on. Just really didnt come across as a smart thing to be doing when that other issue was going on.

Well that and he was telling her she should have gone out with him as he was a Saints player.

To that earlier poster, I hadn't heard of him as I only follow those who play in the senior side :P

So you're Ross Lyon then? :P

B-rad

No, I'm not a lying scumbag.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
B-rad wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
8856brother wrote:
B-rad wrote:
vacuous space wrote:

So you're Ross Lyon then? :P
:lol: nice Doc, nice

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SaintWal
Club Player

Had too much flair for Ross the old Boss.

Too many injuries unfortunately as well.

If he gets the chop he may get a lifeline at WCE who have been sniffing.