3AW last night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

3AW last night

I was listening to the sports show around 7pm on 3AW last night and it seemed to be a" lets get stuck into St Kilda" drivel night with David King and neanderthal Cam Mooney. Enough reason to tune out of 3AW in the future..it really gave me the s*&ts

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

David King is always bagging the Saints, he is a moron. He has no constructive criticism, he has a clear dislike for us. I would suggest not listening to that show

I love this club
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

King's an absolute fool. Him and Mark MacLure are on a show on foxtel and they make no sense at all. As for Cam Looney, he's one of the worst premiership players in memory. Not much cred amongst that lot.

Grrrrr
Club Player

Had exactly the same thoughts, David King is a full on scumbag...

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

What did they say?

spert wrote:I was listening to the sports show around 7pm on 3AW last night and it seemed to be a" lets get stuck into St Kilda" drivel night with David King and neanderthal Cam Mooney. Enough reason to tune out of 3AW in the future..it really gave me the s*&ts
What did they say?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Re: What did they say?

WinnersOnly wrote:
spert wrote:I was listening to the sports show around 7pm on 3AW last night and it seemed to be a" lets get stuck into St Kilda" drivel night with David King and neanderthal Cam Mooney. Enough reason to tune out of 3AW in the future..it really gave me the s*&ts
What did they say?
I did not hear king last night but did earler in the week. After all the positives out of Watters appointment he could not help to start canning the saints again and how we are a basket case. He should look at his own club north, who have no suporters and have been shyte for along time.

He also said that we are stuffed next year and have been poor for 4 or 5 years. He seems to forget we played in the finals all but 1 year since 2004 including 2 gf`s. He just pots us all the time. as bad as fat hutchy

I love this club
Superboot
SS Life Member

Have had no time for David King since I saw him run round the back of a pack and punch Banger in the kidneys.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Re: What did they say?

Stillwaiting wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:
What did they say?
I did not hear king last night but did earler in the week. After all the positives out of Watters appointment he could not help to start canning the saints again and how we are a basket case. He should look at his own club north, who have no suporters and have been shyte for along time.

He also said that we are stuffed next year and have been poor for 4 or 5 years. He seems to forget we played in the finals all but 1 year since 2004 including 2 gf`s. He just pots us all the time. as bad as fat hutchy
He hates us cause he personnally cost the Kangas a game against us in 2003.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

Stillwaiting wrote:David King is always bagging the Saints, he is a moron. He has no constructive criticism, he has a clear dislike for us. I would suggest not listening to that show
I disagree, he was talking us up on 360 in the lead up to finals. He had a lot of positive things to say.

older saint
SS Life Member

King - Trying to make a career in the media after a very ordinary year as an assistant coach at Richmond. NO one else has come knocking for him . Tries to be contraversal to make himself stand out from everyone else as lacks the talent of other recently retired players in the media - Lloyd, Darcy, etc

Mate went to school with him and after he made the AFL he wiped a lot of old school mates as he was too good for them !

saintnick12
Club Player

Spud wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:David King is always bagging the Saints, he is a moron. He has no constructive criticism, he has a clear dislike for us. I would suggest not listening to that show
I disagree, he was talking us up on 360 in the lead up to finals. He had a lot of positive things to say.
I agree...he often talked us up on 360 while McClure was always negative towards us...then shock horror...McClure in the last episode said he thought we could challenge again next year - I nearly fell off my chair :shock:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

saintnick12 wrote:
Spud wrote:
I agree...he often talked us up on 360 while McClure was always negative towards us...then shock horror...McClure in the last episode said he thought we could challenge again next year - I nearly fell off my chair :shock:
The positive/negative thing is all about creating discussion. If there is no dissent then there is nothing to talk about, having said that the HUN too often seems to give us a right whack, possibly as someone suggested it has something to do with the age sponsoring us.

spert
Saintsational Legend

It was all negative- how bad we have treated Harvey, the premiership window is closed, we will be bottom 4 etc etc- the whole tone of the segment was sneering and dismissive of the club.

saintnick12
Club Player

David King thought Geelong were no good too.... :shock:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

King tipped us as Premiers before the season started.

Now, he just echoes the general feeling that we are up sh1t creek.. This is not an unusual position to take.

Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe he is a c@ckhead, as are most of his media mates, but they only pander to what the general public already perceive us to be.

All this could go into the A. Maher thread also.. Idiot scum of the highest order, mere mouthpiece for the average uninformed fool.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Spud wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
Spud wrote:
The positive/negative thing is all about creating discussion. If there is no dissent then there is nothing to talk about, having said that the HUN too often seems to give us a right whack, possibly as someone suggested it has something to do with the age sponsoring us.
I have heard him a number of time on AW, never ANY positive stuf, just potting us alL the time, nothing constructive

I love this club
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
Spud wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
Spud wrote:
I have heard him a number of time on AW, never ANY positive stuf, just potting us alL the time, nothing constructive
Or is it that you just alert yourself to when he does pot us?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I know i will get attacked for this but is there anyone happy with any media when they talk about the Saints. I seem to hear every club cop it and every club get positive stuff when I listen or read about footy. Do you think some people only hear negative stuff or put a negative slant on things that arent even being expressed as negative.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I know i will get attacked for this but is there anyone happy with any media when they talk about the Saints. I seem to hear every club cop it and every club get positive stuff when I listen or read about footy. Do you think some people only hear negative stuff or put a negative slant on things that arent even being expressed as negative.
That Scott Watters chap I've been hearing on the radio lately seems to be fair and balanced. :)

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Spud wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
Spud wrote:
Or is it that you just alert yourself to when he does pot us?
I appreciate what you are saying and I here a lot of good stuff on AW, but in the case of King he just pots us every time, I also think he does this because we have been an easy target over the last 2 years and he is a poor journo that can only say what he thinks evreryone else wants to here.

I do not wath that 360 show so I cant comment on how he treats us on that show.

I love this club
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I know i will get attacked for this but is there anyone happy with any media when they talk about the Saints. I seem to hear every club cop it and every club get positive stuff when I listen or read about footy. Do you think some people only hear negative stuff or put a negative slant on things that arent even being expressed as negative.
Certainly an element of that, but we are also coping a fair whack by some jounos, King being one of the worst. At the same time I do not think that it is all journos. PPL bag Robbo but I think he gives us a fair go. King does not, he is similar to fat hutchy

I love this club
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Have to agree with Plugger. I think it is a fair balance of negative and poisitive stuff. I think alot of people choose what they want to hear.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I've had no time for King since he and his family trashed my mate's holiday house and then refused to compensate

:roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I think the papers take any opportunity they can to include St Kilda in their pages. A negative connotation - for them - is a bonus.

It is an undeniable fact that St Kilda stories have for years (yes, even before Kim Duthie) attracted huge online traffic.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
oldie60
Club Player

Unfortunately due to the spread of footy throughout the weekend ,tv/radio are constantly labelling any ex player as a special coments man. Some of these guys are incisive ie: Nathan Brown but very few are worhty of being a special comments man. As was stated previous he is a very average footballer with ordinary coaching abilities who now pretends to know football. I may as well become a special comments expert seeing as i watch every game every week and analyse. The term special comments man is used far to loosely.