Watters coaching style different to Lyon's

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We'll have a better idea of Scott Watters' coaching style AFTER the Intra-Club game in Feb. The first thing we should look for is how he lines the players up;

Probables v Possibles?

Catholics v Proddies?

Sox Up v Sox Down?

Odds v Evens?

Any other ideas on how to match them up? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote: I think Watters will be different. He doesn't carry a siege paranoia, a background informed by his time at the last failed AFL club or monstrous gambling debts.

Lyon glues himself to the achievement elite. Watters will entertain opportunity for all.
What are you on about? Last failed AFL club? :? That last failed club actually won a flag with Lyon being an integral part of that achievement.

Monstrous gambling debts? He invested in the stock market and lost. Call it gambling - but any investment is a gamble. He wasn't punting at the races or playing the pokies.

For a bloke with a siege paranoia he certainly came close to getting us our 2nd flag. You portray him as some psychotic dysfunctional nutbag. He's the most astute coach the club as ever had.

Saintgaz
Club Player

I saw most of Subi's games in 2007, they already had a strong base following from Peter German, so I didn't think Scott tinkered with it too much.
They had Brad Smith, who was an excellent WAFL level FF, Sam Larkins as the second key tall, Blake Broadhurst, an up and comer. Then a strong midfield who kicked goals-Cossom, Priddis (occasionally), Pickett, Webb.
I moved away after that, so lost touch a bit.
You could say he was lucky, but he also did well with the inherited list.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Monstrous gambling debts? He invested in the stock market and lost. Call it gambling - but any investment is a gamble. He wasn't punting at the races or playing the pokies.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Legendary
Club Player

Moods wrote:
What are you on about? Last failed AFL club? :? That last failed club actually won a flag with Lyon being an integral part of that achievement.

Monstrous gambling debts? He invested in the stock market and lost. Call it gambling - but any investment is a gamble. He wasn't punting at the races or playing the pokies.

For a bloke with a siege paranoia he certainly came close to getting us our 2nd flag. You portray him as some psychotic dysfunctional nutbag. He's the most astute coach the club as ever had.
I think TheOtherThommo was talking about our last two coaches combined, and how Watters is different to both (who had issues) ...

Thomas had gambling debts & Lyon had the siege paranoia

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:
Moods wrote:

I think TheOtherThommo was talking about our last two coaches combined, and how Watters is different to both (who had issues) ...

Thomas had gambling debts & Lyon had the siege paranoia
Fair enough then. Misunderstood. Maybe combine the personalities and they are psychotic nutbags :wink: