Membership 2012 online now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:So from what I have read the membership has increased by $15 ( adult membership 11 games now $190 and we no longer get a scarf.

While the concept of removing the scarf has financial merit (saving $400,000) this combined with the increase sees the average person receiving less benefit and paying more!

It seems to me either
a) the previous memberhsip packages were financially mismanaged and poorly designed
or
b) the club has once again gone to the well to bleed dry the faithful like us who put our hard earned on the line to support them onlyto see poor management and board decisions waste considerable amounts of money.

So much for making the members feel welcome and part of the club!
or option c) the club continues to struggle, or does not work hard enough to attract some decent corporate dollars by way of sponsors and advertising?

SaintSimmo
Club Player

For all of you disappointed with the new membership package, you need to understand what the club is doing. The St.Kilda FC is an organisation and due to the estimated 1.5 million dollar loss this season they need to cut costs in order to survive and continue to challenge for the ultimate glory.

As stated by the club the free scarfs cost us $400,000 a year!!

So this is one way they can reduce their costs which will help us in the future to expand to a bigger and better club.

We are all very passionate about our club, and nobody on here should be devastated that you don't get a free scarf, because the reason we buy the memberships is to support our club and to go watch the boys battle it out and hopefully achieve the ultimate success.

And don't forget we receive all of these benefits for being a 2012 member
• Exclusive 2012 Saints Member Pack - containing key ring, personalised Fixture magnet and Be the Future bumper sticker
• 2012 Saints Membership Card, wallet and lanyard
• $25 Saints Locker Voucher (minimum $50 spend)
• Exclusive Weekly Members Email from new Senior Coach, Scott Watters
• Subscription to the Saint Magazine Online
• Access to purchase finals tickets to weeks 1 - 3 when St Kilda participates
• Invitation to an exclusive Members Day at Moorabbin (new in 2012!), free admission to Family Day and other Saints events
• Automatic inclusion to Saints Crest program to receive merchandise discounts
• Club voting rights at Annual General Meeting (if 18 years or over)
• FREE VFL entry to Sandringham home games, half price away games
• Plus, as a Saints Member you can have The Age home delivered Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 52 weeks a year for just $79.

So, stop complaining about the scarf, sign up again in 2012, and "be the future"

Fortius Quo Fidelius

Sainter for life.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm

However I'm questioning the loss Saint Simmo, and why 'save' has become the message rather than 'sell'

As I understand, the club struggled to sell stadium signage last year, why is that?

They also struggled to attract major sponsors, centrebet got on board, but wasn't the flood of offers you'd expect after years of sustained success?

Why hit the members first?

Why not work harder to attract the corporate dollars?

Surely shouldn't be hard given the recent exposure?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

surely the claimed saving is not purely the scarf................

has to be the total fulfilment of all memberships

otherwise 400,000 on scarves at chinese wholesale with that quantity ew were ripped!!

Is the whole membership dept/process et etc

but the HUN thinks it was just the scarf and many in this thread

saint4life
SaintSimmo
Club Player

They are some good questions SainterK, of which I obviously don't have the answers to because I am not Greg Westaway or Michael Nettlefold. However, I am sure the senior management at the club have their reasons.

But, the club is hardly "hitting the members" its not like they are restraining us from going to the games!! IT'S JUST A SCARF!!

We are members because we want to support our team, not to get some scarf, which if anyone really wants they can pay the $40 and will also get a cap and t-shirt.

Sainter for life.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:They are some good questions SainterK, of which I obviously don't have the answers to because I am not Greg Westaway or Michael Nettlefold. However, I am sure the senior management at the club have their reasons.

But, the club is hardly "hitting the members" its not like they are restraining us from going to the games!! IT'S JUST A SCARF!!

We are members because we want to support our team, not to get some scarf, which if anyone really wants they can pay the $40 and will also get a cap and t-shirt.
However it's not even really about a scarf for me, it's about how and why they are in such a mess financially, and why this is the answer?

I think the concept of getting a 'free' scarf is actually a wise investment by the club, walking to Etihad with similarly attired supporters, and seeing Etihad decorated so well in Saints colours by this simple token gesture from the club....

However for some reason that attitude is attracting a bit of scorn around the traps I see?

SaintSimmo
Club Player

SainterK wrote: I think the concept of getting a 'free' scarf is actually a wise investment by the club, walking to Etihad with similarly attired supporters, and seeing Etihad decorated so well in Saints colours by this simple token gesture from the club....
As do I, but it obviously impacting on the club a fair bit, which worries me because it suggests that we are in a very delicate situation financially.
It should also be noted that most clubs (besides Hawthorn, Essendon, and Bulldogs) have a similar set up with these membership packages and infact most clubs pay around $50 instead of $40. So hopefully most members buy the pack, and show their Saints colours on matchday.

Sainter for life.
Richter
SS Life Member

Listen, I'm sympathetic to people who want to follow the Saints but who are genuinely on the breadline.... however, to me, these prices reinforce how breathtakingly good value it is to watch AFL footy.

$190 for 11 games....

Compare.....

Average Melbourne WEEKLY property rental = $450
EPL 10 game season ticket (Wolves, team thought of at random) = $350

etc. etc.

Richter
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
older saint wrote:So from what I have read the membership has increased by $15 ( adult membership 11 games now $190 and we no longer get a scarf.

While the concept of removing the scarf has financial merit (saving $400,000) this combined with the increase sees the average person receiving less benefit and paying more!

It seems to me either
a) the previous memberhsip packages were financially mismanaged and poorly designed
or
b) the club has once again gone to the well to bleed dry the faithful like us who put our hard earned on the line to support them onlyto see poor management and board decisions waste considerable amounts of money.

or option c) the club continues to struggle, or does not work hard enough to attract some decent corporate dollars by way of sponsors and advertising?
d/ Pay nearer the 92% on the salary cap (as opposed to near 100%). We'd have to give up BJ or Dal or Joey, but hey, getting the free cap and scarf is more important right?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Listen, I'm sympathetic to people who want to follow the Saints but who are genuinely on the breadline.... however, to me, these prices reinforce how breathtakingly good value it is to watch AFL footy.

$190 for 11 games....

Compare.....

Average Melbourne WEEKLY property rental = $450
EPL 10 game season ticket (Wolves, team thought of at random) = $350

etc. etc.
Yep it is sensational value. Also it isnt about getting absolute value out of your membership, it is partly a donation to help our great club survive. Who cares about the cap and scarf. I have that many of the bloody things. I am glad we dont get them. Come on guys think of your club.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

What's happened to international membership?

Or do I have to move back to Australia?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
SainterK wrote:

It seems to me either
or

d/ Pay nearer the 92% on the salary cap (as opposed to near 100%). We'd have to give up BJ or Dal or Joey, but hey, getting the free cap and scarf is more important right?
?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Come on guys think of your club.
Pretty sure most people do.

Just questioning why it's so dire that a crappy $1.50 scarf from China is seen as a saving?

ando051
Club Player

I like the look of all the Saints fans in the same hat and scarf at the footy. It also identifies people that support the club as a member. I don't have a problem paying a little bit extra for a hat and scarf, but why would i want a t shirt that will be worn under a coat.

The membership still is great value, if you attend all home games you do get your money's worth. " Be the Future" Not "The Past"

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Just questioning why it's so dire that a crappy $1.50 scarf from China is seen as a saving?
I think the 400K savings is a lie.

The scarves cost $2 each about 4 years ago. Assume unit price would be similar now. Caps were cheap and I assume not much more.

40,000 members times even $4 (average - most members don't have reserved seat hence no cap) equals $160,000 cost.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SainterK wrote:

I think the 400K savings is a lie.

The scarves cost $2 each about 4 years ago. Assume unit price would be similar now. Caps were cheap and I assume not much more.

40,000 members times even $4 (average - most members don't have reserved seat hence no cap) equals $160,000 cost.
I think it's a porky also.

Otherwise someone should feel the heat for wasting 400K on that kind of product :shock:

Just be honest and say you are withdrawing the scarf because you desperately need to 'make' money by upselling members, rather than some exaggerated speel that you desperately need to 'save' it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Firstly if it is crappy why would anyone care if we get it or not and secondly how do you know the cost of it?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Firstly if it is crappy why would anyone care if we get it or not and secondly how do you know the cost of it?
It's about the impact of all Saints fans wearing it, not the quality.

How do you know I don't know the cost?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

It's about the impact of all Saints fans wearing it, not the quality.

How do you know I don't know the cost?
Sorry but i didnt say you didnt. I just wanted to know where you got the figure from because my guess it would be closer to $4 to $5 due to having to put the membership year on it.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I just tried to renew online, but there wasn't an option to use American Express cards, yet I believe Ticketmaster accepts AMEX.

Has anyone used AMEX cards on Ticketmaster before?

Maybe it's just an error by the club, or perhaps they've banned AMEX as a payment type to save the half or one percent extra charge that AMEX slugs???

(I want the extra points that AMEX gives me!)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I just tried to renew online, but there wasn't an option to use American Express cards, yet I believe Ticketmaster accepts AMEX.

Maybe it's just an error by the club, or perhaps they've banned AMEX as a payment type to save the half or one percent extra charge that AMEX slugs???

hasn't this been an issue for several years?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:I just tried to renew online, but there wasn't an option to use American Express cards, yet I believe Ticketmaster accepts AMEX.

hasn't this been an issue for several years?
dunno, never had an Amex card until now.....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6210277530

I see the H_S are still getting reaction online

But they are incorrect- it's not Just a scarf for $30 But it's a darn good one and you get a cap and a T as well

BTW pies according to HS only get sticker and magnet.
well we get that too
All 2012 Saints Members receive the following benefits:
• Exclusive 2012 Saints Member Pack - containing keyring, personalised Fixture magnet and Be the Future bumper sticker
•2012 Saints Membership Card^, wallet and lanyard
•$25 Saints Locker Voucher (minimum $50 spend)
•Opportunity to purchase a discounted 2012 Be the Future Member Kit (cap, scarf and t-shirt)
•Exclusive Weekly Members Email from new Senior Coach, Scott Watters*
•Subscription to the Saint Magazine Online*
•Access to purchase finals tickets to weeks 1 - 3 when St Kilda participates^
•Invitation to an exclusive Members Day at Moorabbin (new in 2012!), free admission to Family Day and other Saints events
•Automatic inclusion to Saints Crest program to receive merchandise discounts
•Pay your Membership in 'fee free' monthly instalments with the Saints Payment Plan
•Club voting rights at Annual General Meeting (if 18 years or over)
•FREE VFL entry to Sandringham home games, half price away games

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
sparky

First off don't bag me for being a newbie, i've been lurking for a while after Matrix got me to sign up.

Looking at the interstate membership which i have, now i have to pay $15 extra, no problem, however i only get access to one free game here in SA not both as previous years. Having to pay for both myself and my partner is nearly not worth shelling out for the membership.

I know that there's still the free entry to 5 Ethiad games but i don't get over to Melbourne that frequently, maybe two games if your lucky. The club would have to be still ahead $$ wise with the interstate sales as i couldn't see every member going to their 5 allowed games.

Ok now you can attack.