Membership 2012 online now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noddy04
Club Player

I and my wife and 24yo son are all 11 game social club members and have been for a very long time. We dont live in Melb so cant/dont get to many games . I always was proud and honoured to wear the current years cap and scarfe. So now i have to pay more and get less? WTF is that. Why did it cost $400,000 for 40000 scarves. My granny could have hand knitted them cheaper 8-) Maybe if they didnt stuff so much up in the Membership dept we wouldnt lose so much money each year.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:I and my wife and 24yo son are all 11 game social club members and have been for a very long time. We dont live in Melb so cant/dont get to many games . I always was proud and honoured to wear the current years cap and scarfe. So now i have to pay more and get less? WTF is that. Why did it cost $400,000 for 40000 scarves. My granny could have hand knitted them cheaper 8-) Maybe if they didnt stuff so much up in the Membership dept we wouldnt lose so much money each year.
I don't think it cost 400,000 for the scarves.............

it was in various areas of the whole membership process/fulfilment areas

saint4life
older saint
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:
SainterK wrote:
older saint wrote:So from what I have read the membership has increased by $15 ( adult membership 11 games now $190 and we no longer get a scarf.

While the concept of removing the scarf has financial merit (saving $400,000) this combined with the increase sees the average person receiving less benefit and paying more!

It seems to me either
a) the previous memberhsip packages were financially mismanaged and poorly designed
or
b) the club has once again gone to the well to bleed dry the faithful like us who put our hard earned on the line to support them onlyto see poor management and board decisions waste considerable amounts of money.

So much for making the members feel welcome and part of the club!
or option c) the club continues to struggle, or does not work hard enough to attract some decent corporate dollars by way of sponsors and advertising?
d/ Pay nearer the 92% on the salary cap (as opposed to near 100%). We'd have to give up BJ or Dal or Joey, but hey, getting the free cap and scarf is more important right?
My point is not about getting a scarf , hat etc, it is more like other have also mentioned the mismanagement which has resulted in the situation where you pay more for something and get less.

The club has spent a fortune recently in the football dept, facilities, CEO salary staff etc. etc . these are decisions a board need to make based on fiscal sensibility and sustainability. Members are the lifeblood of football clubs yet are viewed by boards as an easy target as they play on our emotions and loyalties.

Rather than just hit the members to increase revenue and profit perhaps some accountability should be taken for the lack of sponsers dollar, the fact the club is a damaged good product ( based on the last 2 years off field activitites) . the buck must stop with someone - CEO/ President/ Board. I am not sure who but it seems the members are the only ones which are made ot pay for the board/CEO/President/Clubs stuff ups.

older saint
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:
SainterK wrote:
older saint wrote:So from what I have read the membership has increased by $15 ( adult membership 11 games now $190 and we no longer get a scarf.

While the concept of removing the scarf has financial merit (saving $400,000) this combined with the increase sees the average person receiving less benefit and paying more!

It seems to me either
a) the previous memberhsip packages were financially mismanaged and poorly designed
or
b) the club has once again gone to the well to bleed dry the faithful like us who put our hard earned on the line to support them onlyto see poor management and board decisions waste considerable amounts of money.

or option c) the club continues to struggle, or does not work hard enough to attract some decent corporate dollars by way of sponsors and advertising?
d/ Pay nearer the 92% on the salary cap (as opposed to near 100%). We'd have to give up BJ or Dal or Joey, but hey, getting the free cap and scarf is more important right?
My point is not about getting a scarf , hat etc, it is more like other have also mentioned the mismanagement which has resulted in the situation where you pay more for something and get less.

The club has spent a fortune recently in the football dept, facilities, CEO salary staff etc. etc . these are decisions a board need to make based on fiscal sensibility and sustainability. Members are the lifeblood of football clubs yet are viewed by boards as an easy target as they play on our emotions and loyalties.

Rather than just hit the members to increase revenue and profit perhaps some accountability should be taken for the lack of sponsers dollar, the fact the club is a damaged good product ( based on the last 2 years off field activitites) . the buck must stop with someone - CEO/ President/ Board. I am not sure who but it seems the members are the only ones which are made ot pay for the board/CEO/President/Clubs stuff ups.

older saint
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:
SainterK wrote:

It seems to me either
or

older saint
SS Life Member

Sorry for double post computer froze!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:I and my wife and 24yo son are all 11 game social club members and have been for a very long time. We dont live in Melb so cant/dont get to many games . I always was proud and honoured to wear the current years cap and scarfe. So now i have to pay more and get less? WTF is that. Why did it cost $400,000 for 40000 scarves. My granny could have hand knitted them cheaper 8-) Maybe if they didnt stuff so much up in the Membership dept we wouldnt lose so much money each year.
noddy, my BFF, quit the whinging.

Yes, the $400K figure may be a crock, but the scarf and cap DOES cost the club money. I believe between 100 and 200 grand, which is significant.

We lost $1.5 million FFS!

Something - many things - have to give.

That's the harsh reality.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Not a big deal. Dont even wear the hat and scarves. I understand the club was running at a loss and if this helps then so what.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
GreatNo9s
Club Player

The membership program has been remodelled to ensure that membership prices are still affordable across the board

The $400k saving is across the complete fulfilment model not just scarves

And btw if you want to buy a member scarf they cost $15 when you call the Membership Team at the Club

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
Richter
SS Life Member

older saint wrote:
Richter wrote:
SainterK wrote:

It seems to me either
or

Listen I know that you and others mean well, but seriously there's a lack of understanding in here....

You ask - who does the buck stop with.... well the answer is that it stops with us, the members. We voted in this board - they could not have been more clear as to what they wanted. "Footy first" was their campaign slogan. Since then we have seen unprecedented investment in our football dept, we've competed in 3 PFs, and 3 GFs.

Surely people can see that for your extra $$, whilst you don't get the cap and scarf, you do get a 'football academy', extra development coaches etc. etc. And that hopefully in the long run a more consistently higher performing club on-field.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Yes, the $400K figure may be a crock, but the scarf and cap DOES cost the club money. I believe between 100 and 200 grand, which is significant.

Well, stop whinging about your amex points. If the club accepted amex it costs them money.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:Wow a new membership "premium interstate" offering automatic social club membership, 11 games in vic and one interstate (among other things) for $250. As a qlder, it might be worth considering as an easier option to get gf tickets (if we were to make it of course).

No social club waiting list?

Can a victorian purchase this membership? It would be a great deal? Maybe have your membership pack sent to uncle Phil up norf.
well hopefully they will let me change to that
as we're paying 660 for 2 social club 11 gamers and live interstate and are lucky to use 1 out of those 11 games
couldve told us before they took the first payment out last week
originally had an interstate but upgraded to get social club as interstate members couldnt get a gf ticket allocation

you can ring up and organize a 2011 sc memebrship medallion too.
thought that was a good thing
8-)

good to see you here sparks
and yeah
it would be nice to get allocation to both interstate games huh
christ the port one is a quarter empty every year anyway :roll:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Back to getting the full povo pack regarding memberships.

I love how the list of 'gets' is such a wank.

Like thanks for the 'free' membership card, to make the lost longer they could include the envelope and stamp used to send it out.

So add to the list of inclusions.

- Used envolope
- Used stamp

Sainter93
Club Player

Are the Youth 16 memberships also $95 like the Youth 11 ones?
It doesn't have the price on there :/

Batnoe
Club Player

matrix wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:Wow a new membership "premium interstate" offering automatic social club membership, 11 games in vic and one interstate (among other things) for $250. As a qlder, it might be worth considering as an easier option to get gf tickets (if we were to make it of course).

No social club waiting list?

Can a victorian purchase this membership? It would be a great deal? Maybe have your membership pack sent to uncle Phil up norf.
well hopefully they will let me change to that
as we're paying 660 for 2 social club 11 gamers and live interstate and are lucky to use 1 out of those 11 games
couldve told us before they took the first payment out last week

They reimburse the amount as a credit
originally had an interstate but upgraded to get social club as interstate members couldnt get a gf ticket allocation

you can ring up and organize a 2011 sc memebrship medallion too.
thought that was a good thing
8-)

good to see you here sparks
and yeah
it would be nice to get allocation to both interstate games huh
christ the port one is a quarter empty every year anyway :roll:

Carn Saints
nw7
Club Player

Who cares about the scarves and caps, I would rather have a profitable footy club, I hope they can save in other areas, spend more on the football department, get more from the stadium deal and show a profit in the near future. GO SAINTS

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

nw7 wrote:Who cares about the scarves and caps, I would rather have a profitable footy club...
agreed. i never picked up the scarf or cap - how many of the fuckers does one person need? i've only got one neck.

people become members of the club because they want to see the club win games. anything else is incidental. does including a cap and scarf help us win games?

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

In psychology, economics, and decision theory,
"loss aversion refers to people's tendency to strongly prefer avoiding losses to acquiring gains. Some studies suggest that losses are twice as powerful, psychologically, as gains." - Loss aversion wiki

This thread seems to exemplify that.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BS - I have been informed the club does accept Amex and Diners, but needs to fix the web payment side to accept it.

So all good.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Back to getting the full povo pack regarding memberships.

I love how the list of 'gets' is such a wank.

Like thanks for the 'free' membership card, to make the lost longer they could include the envelope and stamp used to send it out.

So add to the list of inclusions.

- Used envolope
- Used stamp
Oh, but wait, the membership cards will actually come with your name printed on it 8-)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ill be happy if we get a decent after or before game function for once

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Oh, but wait, the membership cards will actually come with your name printed on it 8-)
It always has though :shock:

They walk amongst us...

noddy04
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:

Saintspremiers I dont know what BFF means and i dont really care to know because anything coming out of your mouth is usually full of filth and degredation.
Last edited by noddy04 on Thu 01 Dec 2011 11:37am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6210277530

“Collingwood hands out a bumper sticker and fridge magnet.â€

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The club needs to tighten it's belt after a $1.5m loss last year, so I've got no problem with not getting a free scarf.

In fact I'd be appalled if we kept throwing money away as a club.