Collo having a dig

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shmic_s
Club Player

Moving training facilities, poor sponsorship, poor off season, poor stadium deal and average on field performance (prizemoney), all resulted in a negative balance sheet.

Fingers crossed that with the move to seaford done, improved public perception and hopefully improved sponsorship, better membership figures and hopefully a better on field result, we will be back in the black next year.
Won't be easy with the large increase of coaching staff though.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:Moving training facilities, poor sponsorship, poor off season, poor stadium deal and average on field performance (prizemoney), all resulted in a negative balance sheet.
You cant have a negative balance sheet, it balances. :wink:

You can have a negative result through your P&L, but that is only an accounting concept and can be manipulated (fairly and compliantly) and you can have a 2 mill profit or loss and still be in the same financial position.

Look to the current debtors, liabilites, and most important contigent liabilities for the real story on the Balance Sheet.

Then have a look at the cash flow.

1.5 mill loss looks bad on paper, but real life and financial is not on paper.
shmic_s wrote:Fingers crossed that with the move to seaford done, improved public perception and hopefully improved sponsorship, better membership figures and hopefully a better on field result, we will be back in the black next year.
Doesn't matter if we are in the black on the P&L. Look at the CF, Bal Sheet and compare to the previous sets of books.

Look at the notes in the Annual Report, especially concentrate on the debtor and creditor days and if they are blowing out.

Look at the Cash Flow and see if we are actually collecting our "revenue" or if we are not paying the creditors within terms.

Dont be fooled by the headlines.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
shmic_s wrote:Moving training facilities, poor sponsorship, poor off season, poor stadium deal and average on field performance (prizemoney), all resulted in a negative balance sheet.
You cant have a negative balance sheet, it balances. :wink:

You can have a negative result through your P&L, but that is only an accounting concept and can be manipulated (fairly and compliantly) and you can have a 2 mill profit or loss and still be in the same financial position.

Look to the current debtors, liabilites, and most important contigent liabilities for the real story on the Balance Sheet.

Then have a look at the cash flow.

1.5 mill loss looks bad on paper, but real life and financial is not on paper.
shmic_s wrote:Fingers crossed that with the move to seaford done, improved public perception and hopefully improved sponsorship, better membership figures and hopefully a better on field result, we will be back in the black next year.
Doesn't matter if we are in the black on the P&L. Look at the CF, Bal Sheet and compare to the previous sets of books.

Look at the notes in the Annual Report, especially concentrate on the debtor and creditor days and if they are blowing out.

Look at the Cash Flow and see if we are actually collecting our "revenue" or if we are not paying the creditors within terms.

Dont be fooled by the headlines.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bizarre outbust from collo.
what an arrogant knob. carlton people already counting their chickens.
arent we a customer of his stadium? ridiculous outburst.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:For most people, living between 30 and 40 kilometres out of the CBD (from the GPO in the old language) is a simple fact of life and makes basic good economic sense.
crap. people just have a weird obsession with owning their own home, and so they put up with driving hundreds of kilometres or spending hours on public transport to do so. it doesn't actually make basic economic sense if you value your time above zero dollars.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:For most people, living between 30 and 40 kilometres out of the CBD (from the GPO in the old language) is a simple fact of life and makes basic good economic sense.
crap. people just have a weird obsession with owning their own home, and so they put up with driving hundreds of kilometres or spending hours on public transport to do so. it doesn't actually make basic economic sense if you value your time above zero dollars.

Not everyone wants or needs to live in the inner city.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

meh

the board may have made some bad decisions but the stadium deal is aweful and is costing us $$$

with a better deal more reflective of the crowds we get/got... we would have done a lot better.

it contributes.

that's not to say that we can't have managed our finances better

older saint
SS Life Member

My 2 bits is they are as bad as each other. Collins Stadium screws everyone bar Essendon . The deal is a disgrace and the AFL kows it that is why theyare trying to buy the stadium early and therefore the loss on thatwill be less than the top up required to help the club.
Collins nearly killed Carlton twice so he probably should not be throwing stones.

That said the PR disaster that was StKilda Football Club 2010/2011 did little to improve the situation with sponsors and fans alike.
Seaford move may have cost dollars but will provide long term returns however more damage was done with things such Lovett, School girl, Photo Scandel, RL PR dictatorship, made the brand unattractive and unwanted.
I do not buy the style of play thing as sponsors want winners who have a good public reputation , unfortunately the club failed in both aspects.

Does that mean the boardneeds changes , not wholesale but perhaps a different view and improved public/ member relations also
JMO

Solar
Saintsational Legend

To be fair to collo it's not his fault that we are getting screwed playing at the dome. We lose money and players to injuries because the AFL can't do the right thing.

The dome was desgined to host the smaller crowds yet we have to write a cheque when this happens. Compare that to say geelong who makes money even when the gold coast comes to town.

BTW don't believe anyhing that scummy paper says. People need to start boycotting it and look for more balanced and truthful reporting.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Oh and yeah, please SP wash your mouth out with soap....it would be good if people didn't quote it either. :?

jays
Club Player

what a wank "i dont go that far for holidys" him speaking about seaford i live around the corner from seaford wanker, we all cant be rich tossers

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

From a financial viability perpective, made worse by sky-rocketing Football Department costs, Melbourne has too many Clubs. In tough times, business and supporters cut their spending, but AFL Club spending keeps increasing. Things will get worse.

Look overseas, it's about one team per city.

My concern regarding our current poor financial situation, is that the Club has done virtually nothing to develop successful "non-football" revenue, which will be the key in future, to remaining viable. :!:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Sorry..but back when I was a mod..deliberately circumventing the swear filter to get the C word on the Forum was an automatic holiday from the place..different now?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

well said OlderSaint - agree 100%

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:From a financial viability perpective, made worse by sky-rocketing Football Department costs, Melbourne has too many Clubs. In tough times, business and supporters cut their spending, but AFL Club spending keeps increasing. Things will get worse.

Look overseas, it's about one team per city.

My concern regarding our current poor financial situation, is that the Club has done virtually nothing to develop successful "non-football" revenue, which will be the key in future, to remaining viable. :!:
what like a couple of loss making pubs like collingwood did.

We are very quick to kick the club. They have done some great things and some bad things. Good way to help is getting behind them (unless you know people who would do a better job and thus nominate them for the board).

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not the board some are asking questions of though Solar, the CEO also needs to be accountable for the performance of marketing/sponsorship?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Sorry..but back when I was a mod..deliberately circumventing the swear filter to get the C word on the Forum was an automatic holiday from the place..different now?
I am happy to become a mod and clean this place up.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Rosco
Club Player

meh.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Gees I'm hanging for the footy to start... Sick of the rubbish.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:D ... your a goose clarky ... lol ...as if.

.expectations outwitting capabilities again.
.c'arn the footy.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:The **** is right but should've used a bit of spin to make it polite.
Excellent stuff for a forum open to any age people.
I didn't know 4 asterisks in a row would corrupt so many people, how long has it been taboo....

The things one learns on a fan forum....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

older saint wrote:My 2 bits is they are as bad as each other. Collins Stadium screws everyone bar Essendon . The deal is a disgrace and the AFL kows it that is why theyare trying to buy the stadium early and therefore the loss on thatwill be less than the top up required to help the club.
Collins nearly killed Carlton twice so he probably should not be throwing stones.

That said the PR disaster that was StKilda Football Club 2010/2011 did little to improve the situation with sponsors and fans alike.
Seaford move may have cost dollars but will provide long term returns however more damage was done with things such Lovett, School girl, Photo Scandel, RL PR dictatorship, made the brand unattractive and unwanted.
I do not buy the style of play thing as sponsors want winners who have a good public reputation , unfortunately the club failed in both aspects.

Does that mean the boardneeds changes , not wholesale but perhaps a different view and improved public/ member relations also
JMO
Absolutely spot on!

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Pretty sure it is his position to look after the stadium though so if there is something mentioned that is negaitive then he is going to comment especially since the reason for our loss really is mainly due to our sponsorship.
I would have thought it's his position to look after his customers and not slag them off in the press.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Leo.J
SS Life Member

So what are the exact figures we are talking about?

How much does it cost us a year to play Docklands?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:The cuunt is right but should've used a bit of spin to make it polite.
You have serious issues. Seek Help.
WTF does that mean?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.