David King says we're stuffed...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

70s sainter
Club Player

Re: David King says we're stuffed...

I went to the praccy game vs pies , and I must admit, it left me with a feeling of dread re backline. I don't expect as much now and I hope I'm wrong . Lyon could coach and I believe went super defensive to cover our deficiencies , however it eventually swallowed the team and the ability to score at all . Like others on here have said , the backline might become more exposed every now and then , but scoring more at the other end , hopefully evens it out. And make for more enjoyable footy.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Ross walked out because he knew we were gone, he couldn't handle the thought of having to find a new spine, another quality Ruckman and
some quality mids, couldn't face his years of neglect now that his recycle program was doomed, too hard he told em.....i'm off. :shock:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
crippa2sipa
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Agreed fireman, we will know round 4 whether we are ok......as I posted I have concerns, they will either be confirmed or denied after a few real games
Why Round 4?
Why not Round 3? Or Round 5? Or Round 10?
What portent of doom, what dire calamity, what prophecy of approaching apocalypse does playing Fremantle on a Friday night at home portend?

crippa2sipa
Club Player

bobmurray wrote: couldn't handle the thought of having to find a new spine
Good luck finding a new spine with a head of football who clings to Polo Peake and Ray in preference to a 25 year old Key Tall Backman and then tops it off by saying "we've kept everyone we wanted to keep".

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

crippa2sipa wrote:
BigMart wrote:Agreed fireman, we will know round 4 whether we are ok......as I posted I have concerns, they will either be confirmed or denied after a few real games
Why Round 4?
Why not Round 3? Or Round 5? Or Round 10?
What portent of doom, what dire calamity, what prophecy of approaching apocalypse does playing Fremantle on a Friday night at home portend?
3, 6 ,2 whatever, just a few under the belt to be able to form a reasonable outlook. If King has got it wrong we can bag the crap out of him but some are a little too precious atm.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

crippa2sipa wrote:
Good luck finding a new spine with a head of football who clings to Polo Peake and Ray in preference to a 25 year old Key Tall Backman and then tops it off by saying "we've kept everyone we wanted to keep".
What was so bad about Peakes 2011?

Who decided to give all three of them a second chance in the first place, our head of football?

The message about Dawson through trade week was consistent, he was a required player.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

crippa2sipa wrote:
But he is currently with the saints, so he is perfect and cant do anything wrong. That will change though, when he leaves. Suddenly he will become The Anti Christ.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote:
What was so bad about Peakes 2011?

Who decided to give all three of them a second chance in the first place, our head of football?

The message about Dawson through trade week was consistent, he was a required player.
Peake had a good year by his standards. Which tells you something. Wouldnt of helped us win a Premiership.

defacto
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:Ross walked out because he knew we were gone, he couldn't handle the thought of having to find a new spine, another quality Ruckman and
some quality mids, couldn't face his years of neglect now that his recycle program was doomed, too hard he told em.....i'm off. :shock:
well said

only thing i would add this the $$$$

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Ross walked out because he knew we were gone, he couldn't handle the thought of having to find a new spine, another quality Ruckman and
well said

only thing i would add this the $$$$
So what if he did. Years of Neglect, i bet you couldnt even care in 09-10. I dont think Ross is someone who gives up because its to hard. But again.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote:
But he is currently with the saints, so he is perfect and cant do anything wrong. That will change though, when he leaves. Suddenly he will become The Anti Christ.
That's right Plugger.erm I mean Clarky...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote: Good luck finding a new spine with a head of football who clings to Polo Peake and Ray in preference to a 25 year old Key Tall Backman and then tops it off by saying "we've kept everyone we wanted to keep".
That's right Plugger.erm I mean Clarky...

How did I get involved in this. i have said my piece. King is entitled to say what he likes. It is his job. What he said isnt ridiculous at all.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: How did I get involved in this. i have said my piece. King is entitled to say what he likes. It is his job. What he said isnt ridiculous at all.
Clarky is a poor man's Plugger. It's a joke..

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
King is entitled to say what he likes.
and so are we... :wink:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I can't see us making the 8. I think we've gone backwards,whilst the others have gone forward.

Time will tell

Bring back the Lockett era
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I don't have a great feeling about this year but...

Last year David kings big prediction was that the dogs and saints would be better sides than the pies. :shock:

ZERO CREDIBILITY - none.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote: How did I get involved in this. i have said my piece. King is entitled to say what he likes. It is his job. What he said isnt ridiculous at all.
Clarky is a poor man's Plugger. It's a joke..
Please dont. Plugger isint quite as knowledgable.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:I went to the praccy game vs pies , and I must admit, it left me with a feeling of dread re backline. I don't expect as much now and I hope I'm wrong . Lyon could coach and I believe went super defensive to cover our deficiencies , however it eventually swallowed the team and the ability to score at all . Like others on here have said , the backline might become more exposed every now and then , but scoring more at the other end , hopefully evens it out. And make for more enjoyable footy.
Pretty much how I see it.

I think it's fair to expect higher scores kicked against us this year - big question is if we can improve our scoring rate to cover it - a tough ask, but possible.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

king=entitled to an opinion
altho
king=pratt

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:king=entitled to an opinion
altho
king=pratt
pratt=ex of girlfriend of daw
daw=team mate of harvey
harvey=team mate of king & pratt

"........Good lord!"

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Where did all the anti-Ray stuff come from?

I was never his strongest supporter when he came from the Dogs however he has turned into a B-grade player for us and is not too bad at all.

Polo should not be on the list regardless of Lenny being there or not.

If Peake does not have a really good year he will be out the door. His year was similar to Aaron Fiora's good year in 2007 when we were an average team and were looking for standouts. He was one of the only and subsequently went back to being pretty damn average when we improved in 2008.

philtee
Club Player

Blimey, a wave of pessimism has washed over this site since the Pies match. Granted, it wasn't the best hit-out,
but it was just a practice match, and it against a very good side.
And one thing I will not do is rate the opinion of David King, ever.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

philtee wrote:Blimey, a wave of pessimism has washed over this site since the Pies match. Granted, it wasn't the best hit-out,
I thought your first sentence was referring to the match against the pies in the second 2010 GF
cmon people, the Saints slide started in 2011, it didnt start in this years pre-season.
Dont forget it took about 18months after Lyons' arrival for his plans to start to taking shape on the field (including drafting the type of players he wanted)
so we need to accept the same time frames, & pain with the early days of Watters
pretty sure King is just stating the bleeding obvious

Seeya
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:
philtee wrote:Blimey, a wave of pessimism has washed over this site since the Pies match. Granted, it wasn't the best hit-out,
I thought your first sentence was referring to the match against the pies in the second 2010 GF
cmon people, the Saints slide started in 2011, it didnt start in this years pre-season.
Dont forget it took about 18months after Lyons' arrival for his plans to start to taking shape on the field (including drafting the type of players he wanted)
so we need to accept the same time frames, & pain with the early days of Watters
Exactly. The second half of 2008 onwards produced some quality football that resulted in nearly getting there.

Whilst I expect us to stay around the mark I also expect the players to take time to adapt to what Watters wants.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
Exactly. The second half of 2008 onwards produced some quality football that resulted in nearly getting there.

Whilst I expect us to stay around the mark I also expect the players to take time to adapt to what Watters wants.

Like Geelong did all last year and Essendon did early last year. Sounds like an excuse to me. We arent changing our game plan to much. They need to be ready to go round one especially with our draw.