Broadcasts in Vietnam?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintlySaint85
Club Player

Broadcasts in Vietnam?

hey guys!
i'm about to head off to Vietnam with the missus for a couple of weeks - terrible timing i know!
hoping to see if any of you guys have any idea on broadcasts for saints tragics like myself over there?

the two games i'm missing will be sun april 8th and sat april 14th - i'll be in ho chi minh city for both dates.
hope someone can help me, thanks!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Broadcasts in Vietnam?

you got access to a a pc??

Fidelis
Club Player

I can't speak for Vietnam but I have travelled a fair bit in neighbouring Cambodia. We've found that the Australia Network carries more footy than free to air channels back home and it's generally available in even the most basic accomodation. Look out for the show which replays every goal from the previous round.

Faithful Even Unto Death
Superstar
Club Player

I've been told this place shows all the aussie sports.

http://www.phattysbar.com/

Might be worth checking though.

philtee
Club Player

This worked for me last year in Berlin - live streaming of radio station audio through the AFL's website.
It was on a netbook computer (with speaker) though the hotel's wi-fi connection.
It was through the media centre or match centre on the AFL site, with even a choice of stations.

Looks like this year you might even be able to see live streaming video - check the "liveafl.tv" section
of the AFL's website - but I think you may have to pay. http://www.afl.com.au/default.aspx?tabid=9281

Siam saint

Australia Network TV has been steadily going down hill over the past couple of years, ever since Mr Rudd took over the reins and decided there was too much sport being shown and as a result the wrong message about Australia was being presented to the people of S.E. Asia. So we now have alot more shows like Packed to the rafters, Crownies and City Homicide instead, I'm sure the people of S.E. Asia are most pleased.
Anyway, the first Saints game to be televised is Round 3 against the Bulldogs on the 14th and starts at 4.30 pm Vietnam time.
Shouldn't have too much problem finding somewhere that is showing it.

Majority
Club Player

http://www.sportstreamlive.tv/notamember.php

This mob streams a couple of AFL games a week for free, for people overseas.
If you want all games, you must pay.
Either way, free registration is required.
Rugby, and Rugby League is also available.