Where's Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where's Raph

plugger66 wrote:To me Raph suffers because it cost us pick 8 and some also think we picked him because his brother was at the club. The problem is he is a pick 30 and if he was I doubt he would get either the love or hate he gets on here. I think Raph is a 18-25 player on our list and as such will play good games and some poor ones. And during games he will do some good things and make clangers. i never really seen him constantly look like being a star like people think unless the odd good game makes you a star and I have also never really seen him look like a player who should never pull on our jumper again because he does things that really ordinary players cant do

One thing i do know is he is a Saints player so I cant stand comments like hope he never plays for us again or no loss at all.

Good post. Nobody really complained when he was picked up at #8. Maybe a tad high but at the time having his brother at ther club was a big bonus and probably the prevailing thoughts were it would help him settle easier.

Unfortunately both Clarkes seem to have had their careers spoiled by constant injury. I am a Raph fan as he is a Saints player, but can understand the frustrations of some when he plays a game like the 2009 PF, but then playing ordinary mediocred games. Extremely inconsistant, but maybe the injuries and fitness have played a big part.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I hope he gets his body right and starts putting pressure on guys in the side soon.

This can only be a good thing.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:It was Raph and Roo who got us out of Gaol in the 09 prelim...If you don't believe me, watch the dvd. He had a good first final against the filth as well but he then had an average game in the gf and made a major clanger at the start of that. ...typical Raph.

When Sam Fisher dropped back to block for him and then just ran to side to recieve a handpass leaving Raph to be stitched up?

Hate how Raph always gets the blame for that

Sobraz
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:
SaintPav wrote:It was Raph and Roo who got us out of Gaol in the 09 prelim...If you don't believe me, watch the dvd. He had a good first final against the filth as well but he then had an average game in the gf and made a major clanger at the start of that. ...typical Raph.

When Sam Fisher dropped back to block for him and then just ran to side to recieve a handpass leaving Raph to be stitched up?

It was 100% Raphs fault... Thats why he gets the blame.

Raph had the ball, lingered too long, and got caught in the first qtr of a Grand Final... Had nothing to do with anyone else... It was Raph hesitating and not stepping up the intensity on the most important football day of the year...

If had never happened before, or since, you could give him the benefit of the doubt and blame a teammate.. However I hazard a guess that Raph holds the record for most run-down from behind, see it a mile away, holding the ball decisions, and he chose the worst possible time to bring it out again...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
skeptic wrote:

It was 100% Raphs fault... Thats why he gets the blame.

Raph had the ball, lingered too long, and got caught in the first qtr of a Grand Final... Had nothing to do with anyone else... It was Raph hesitating and not stepping up the intensity on the most important football day of the year...

If had never happened before, or since, you could give him the benefit of the doubt and blame a teammate.. However I hazard a guess that Raph holds the record for most run-down from behind, see it a mile away, holding the ball decisions, and he chose the worst possible time to bring it out again...

I blame Fisher too didn't shepherd didn't call hot or watch it -anything. He left him to get done.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

check the replay of that one... he gets the ball and is sprinting away from Rooke with fisher who peels off towards Rooke and rather than shepshard runs to the side for an easy pass and I bet didn't communicate

Raph may have a bad rcord in that department... that 1 was not solely on him though

Buckets
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:Raph did his hammy about a week before the season launch (not sure whether same or other). I heard that he might have had a series of injections in it (German calf blood treatment??) in an attempt to fix it once and for all. I thought the major hamstring injury he suffered was late 2010. I could be wrong !!
That sounds correct. Just got my years mixed up! But he went overseas to have the hamstring problem looked at and he had it operated on yeah?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Raph was rated top 3 going into the national champs in 2003. His stock fell after a lackluster showing an indiscipline suspension a poor interviewing at the DC.

It was believed he was playing dead to get to stk, who had pick 8

When he fell to us, it was considered one of the steals of the draft.........

JohnE
Club Player

Who cares?

Kourkoumelis & Beveridge & Traianidis Appreciation Society