Ball back at the saints for 2013

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ball back at the saints for 2013

BigMart wrote:You're an idiot. Really.

You had a dig, it was irrelevant, a different thread and silly.....

I will reply because I defend myself against people who have a go at me...

Cam Ling, what's he got to do with it......It's a fair comparison yeah, He was the actual leader of the best side since 1980's hawthorn..... He had year left, had a solid 2012, but did the team thing and stepped aside.... He knew Geelong needed to re-energize.....to go forward..

And do you reckon Nick is moving freely, yeah..... C'mon, watched the last two live... You can tell he ain't no spring chicken,,. Effort as always
Kosi is worse...... But key Fwds, they are like hens teeth.....

And beau Wilkes is nearly 26, slow and basically only just for insurance.... Is he a kid Roo is keeping out.

I rest my case when you compare C Ling to L hayes as footballers. Again to easy. And Rooy is moving like a 29 year old who has played 200 games but not a super rules player as someone said.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

send us your broken, over 30 year old has beens for a retirement year or two...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:send us your broken, over 30 year old has beens for a retirement year or two...
so between players being 'up and comers' to 'has beens' how long do they actually get to be judged as footballers without some wanky title?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:send us your broken, over 30 year old has beens for a retirement year or two...
so between players being 'up and comers' to 'has beens' how long do they actually get to be judged as footballers without some wanky title?

Not long enough!
Can't get my head round Joey being considered a "veteran"

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

whiskers3614 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

Not long enough!
Can't get my head round Joey being considered a "veteran"
or a 'front runner'

Megsie
Club Player

OH PLEASE "No" we have great kids coming thru.

No No No

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

good riddance to the Rat.

andrewg
Club Player

dont wanthe traitor

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So, you don't rate C.Ling??

Lucky for him Geelong do, This would evident by the fact he was made vice captain, then captain of one of the greatest sides ever..... Rated along with the greatest run with players in a generation. Not dissimilar to Brett Kirk.
He was a gun Cameron ling.....so don't underestimate what he was worth to Geelong. His career will most certainly stack up.
Lenny, is elite.
Are you trying to argue that I don't think that..... Where have I ever mentioned he was anything but a champion....

Yes, Roo is moving like a 29 yo whose body is not moving as freely as it used to
Luckily he could feast on inept opposition to support your argument....

Harry Taylor, Ben Reid, Lachie Henderson, Luke mcpharlin, James Farawley, Darren Glass are to come....

I love how your beating your chest proudly after winning against teams who will finish 15th and 16th by my guess and losing to a side that will finish about 13th.....and judging players by that......I'll reserve judgement, and well wait and see before anyone is definitively wrong...mid. Season break will be a good time.

Very happy if we're top 4 and Roo has kicked 40, Milne 30 and Lenny is favourite for Charlie .......

Austinnn
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Nice try plugger......your a fool, but I am flattered by the infatuation...

BTW..... Did C.Ling play any good games last year??

I definitely do not want to get rid of a player I admire..... But, if at seasons end we need to reload and create a 3 year midfield at 33 Lenny will be taking minutes off a Seb Ross/T.Ledger/A.Siposs/d.Armitage (the dud yeah)

Team before individual.....and Len would know that

He may well help us win 10 games in 2013 instead of 7 or 8 but what's the point of that....we need to build a side over time that can win 16. If the current side proves they can do that, he stays......of course he is good enough, if his body stays healthy, he is a champion.....

BTW he will play even better games than last night this season....and if he plays 22 he will finish in the top 8 in the B&F......3 years ago if he plays 22 he almost wins the B&F

I think Dal will (injury free) win it this year, well that is my prediction.....and I reckon if Lenny didn't go down last season Dal would not have improved his inside footy and still be easy to tag. through misfortune comes opportunity....

I hope Lenny plays until 2014......because that means we would still be contenders
this post is not one of your best

...and I'm being kind.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So, you don't rate C.Ling??

Lucky for him Geelong do, This would evident by the fact he was made vice captain, then captain of one of the greatest sides ever..... Rated along with the greatest run with players in a generation. Not dissimilar to Brett Kirk.
He was a gun Cameron ling.....so don't underestimate what he was worth to Geelong. His career will most certainly stack up.
Lenny, is elite.
Are you trying to argue that I don't think that..... Where have I ever mentioned he was anything but a champion....

Yes, Roo is moving like a 29 yo whose body is not moving as freely as it used to

Harry Taylor, Ben Reid, Lachie Henderson, Luke mcpharlin, James Farawley, Darren Glass are to come....

I love how your beating your chest proudly after winning against teams who will finish 15th and 16th by my guess and losing to a side that will finish about 13th.....and judging players by that......I'll reserve judgement, and well wait and see before anyone is definitively wrong...mid. Season break will be a good time.

Very happy if we're top 4 and Roo has kicked 40, Milne 30 and Lenny is favourite for Charlie .......

Who is beating their chest about beating those sides. Again making things up. Also i was comparing footy ability with Lenny and Ling. Ling is probably a great leader and that is why he was Captain but even Geelong fans wouldnt dare compare their footy abilities and anyone who is trying has NO idea about footy.

So lets get this straight I cant compare how guys are going against poor sides but after one round you can say Rooy looks like a former champion, a battered and beaten man and moves like a super rules player. I get it. No wonder you are studying Kindergarten debating.

Anyway i am sick of this. You know Lenny is retiring at the end of the year and that makes me sad as i think he may have a couple of years left but it is round 3 so maybe it is to early to call. Round one is a better time. And we know that Rooy is finished because lets face it players who move like super rules players cant play AFl. Maybe someone should tell him. Even against poor sides he moved well for a super rules player.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:And we know that Rooy is finished because lets face it players who move like super rules players cant play AFl. Maybe someone should tell him. Even against poor sides he moved well for a super rules player.
He's certainly reaping the benefits this season of not having to carry the forward line single-handedly.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:And we know that Rooy is finished because lets face it players who move like super rules players cant play AFl. Maybe someone should tell him. Even against poor sides he moved well for a super rules player.
He's certainly reaping the benefits of not having to carry the forward line single-handedly this season.

Hope you wrote the same after round one. I actually just think his knee is better than last year and as such is leading more and getting a break on his player. And as much as I hate to say it BM is right about not playing any sides of note. Anyway Kosi is going well as a forward.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
He's certainly reaping the benefits of not having to carry the forward line single-handedly this season.

Hope you wrote the same after round one. I actually just think his knee is better than last year and as such is leading more and getting a break on his player. And as much as I hate to say it BM is right about not playing any sides of note. Anyway Kosi is going well as a forward.
The addition of another tall forward in Stanley has helped both Riewoldt and Kosi. In fact having an actual forward line in place and not everyone except Roo behind the ball has helped as well.

Let's hope we have learned our lesson and never return to the "kick-it-to-Roo-when-he's-got-4-guys-on-him" gameplan.

Kosi's been okay up forward, but I'm expecting him to spend more time in the ruck as the season goes on and as Rhys develops his game.

It's true that we haven't really played anyone of note yet, but I thought we looked pretty sharp on Saturday night. A fit and firing Lenny Hayes certainly helps.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

It would be brilliant to get Luke Ball back at the club, he is a quality person, but it would be dissapointing if he was a better player than our developing kids.

He would make a great Prime Minister

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:It would be brilliant to get Luke Ball back at the club, he is a quality person, but it would be dissapointing if he was a better player than our developing kids.

Yah but Gillard only wants to play for Bulldogs(probably get a game in their f/ward line ATM)

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:So, you don't rate C.Ling??

Lenny, is elite.

Who is beating their chest about beating those sides. Again making things up. Also i was comparing footy ability with Lenny and Ling. Ling is probably a great leader and that is why he was Captain but even Geelong fans wouldnt dare compare their footy abilities and anyone who is trying has NO idea about footy.

So lets get this straight I cant compare how guys are going against poor sides but after one round you can say Rooy looks like a former champion, a battered and beaten man and moves like a super rules player. I get it. No wonder you are studying Kindergarten debating.

Anyway i am sick of this. You know Lenny is retiring at the end of the year and that makes me sad as i think he may have a couple of years left but it is round 3 so maybe it is to early to call. Round one is a better time. And we know that Rooy is finished because lets face it players who move like super rules players cant play AFl. Maybe someone should tell him. Even against poor sides he moved well for a super rules player.
Lucky Banger didn't ring Big M at the end of 2002 when we were travelling very badly, we would have missed some very good years.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:
Until he walked out on the country and became Prime Minister of New Zealand.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Banger was a required as we were on the cusp of success and his experience was critical..... Are we on the cusp ATM

Banger was a very different player
Bradley, tuck, Harvey.....and other run and carry midfielder last quite a while as skill and knowledge don't leave you...... Banger was good from 2004-2008.... Not elite, but important.

Dal will play for many more. Years, like Joey and BJ..... They don't punish their bodies like a warrior.... Lenny does