Record vs Freo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Legendary
Club Player

Re: Record vs Freo

No matter how hard he tries, no matter how many whiteboards he writes on, no matter how many strategy meetings he holds and no matter how many hours of video footage he watches, there is one thing that will render Ross Lyon useless on Friday night.

His name is Lenny Hayes.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
SainterK wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I nominate that we all put citywest in our "ignore" list. If we stop feeding him/her they will have no need to keep trolling here.
If people quote them though, no point :wink:
But if everyone puts him/her in their ignore list then no-one will be quoting him/her.

BTW, how do you put someone in the "ignore list"? I looked into it, but it only brought up the "friends" list and the "ignore" one, or whatever it's called, wouldn't come up.
Click on control panel, it's friends and foes....someone you want to ignore is a foe.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Yeah I did that, but it only brings up the "friends" option, not the "foe" one.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:first test for our defence woth pav? who goes to him?

We wont it to be Fisher but RL wont want Fisher free so it may end up being him. The other option is Blake or a surprise could be Dempster. Fit enough to run with Pav but his only problem is that he doesnt really play tall.

I'd hate to play on any of those guys.. :)

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:massive game!
we have to win against freo and dees. we then have 3 real toughies.
if we win against freo and dees and then 1 of the next 3 ill be very happy. 5 from 8 wil be a big tick.
I think you mean FOUR real toughies. The Swans at Etihad is going to be hard as well. They play our home ground as well as anyone.
Hey, I have an idea. Now that Goodes has been suspended they could try playing Walsh (snigger).

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:massive game!
we have to win against freo and dees. we then have 3 real toughies.
if we win against freo and dees and then 1 of the next 3 ill be very happy. 5 from 8 wil be a big tick.
I think you mean FOUR real toughies. The Swans at Etihad is going to be hard as well. They play our home ground as well as anyone.
Hey, I have an idea. Now that Goodes has been suspended they could try playing Walsh (snigger).

3 real toughies - then another toughie...
i cant think that far ahwad...

Leo.J
SS Life Member

It's going to be tough, Lyon knows us inside out.

That said there is usually a big advantage when an assistant goes to another club, as they know all the systems and plans.

The fact that we have a new coach will hopefully nullify that advantage somewhat.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:It's going to be tough, Lyon knows us inside out.

That said there is usually a big advantage when an assistant goes to another club, as they know all the systems and plans.

The fact that we have a new coach will hopefully nullify that advantage somewhat.

Good chance for those that backed Footscray to recoup losses.
TAB sportsbet Freo over $3

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
doggerel
Club Player

citywest wrote:
SainterK wrote:Ross isn't going to recognise the backline

Guys playing in front of their man, marking the ball, playing on....

I mean Seany for example, a career high 23 disposals.

He'll be in a state of shock if Scotty keeps up that kind of directive with the defenders :)
What a laugh.......Seany!!!!!! I assume you are referring to Dempster?? Nothing against the bloke, he is quite a good player however the reason he got a PB in disposals is that they kept kicking it backwards to him because he was lurking around our defensive goal sqaure by himself. Go back and watch the replay!!! :roll:
Did you notice the 8 x 1%'ers attributed to Dempster while you were studying the replay so hard Citywest?

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Does he?

It's changed a bit since he left, personnel, positions, game plan, feeling about the place.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Yes, but how well does he know Freo?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I'd be filthy if I heard a Saints board member or assistant coach or any of the players saying anything remotely similar to what I'm feeling about this Friday....but I'm not a Saints employee, so I'll say it; We're gunna smash'em!!!!

We're in pretty good form and so are they but ...at this stage of their development the Dockers are all hope and full of potential. Saints list is full of class and champion players that have performed in many tough contests. The closest they got to being in with a chance of beating us at Etihad was in Rnd 4 2010 and we were without Roo. Yeah...remember just after he went down with a severe hamstring?! They could've beaten Swans 2 weeks ago if they did'nt start with a such a defensive mind set. The thing you've got to remember about Lyon and his coaching style is that he cannot and will not change. The focus from Lyon on taggers and zones and forwards running up the field to help out the defensive six will mean that Freo will struggle to kick enough goals against us and against a lot of others with Lyon coaching them . He'll go out there with a defensive style and a defensive game plan. His first and foremost concern is to defend and he'll be spending more time planning about how to stop our playmakers rather than his blokes taking the game on and trying to win it. Saints achieved a lot...in spite of Ross Lyon....Like I said - relax people - We're gunna smash'em!!!!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

imagine if we come out and bash them by 60 points

lol