Incompetent umpiring

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Incompetent umpiring

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Over-officiated.

That is all.

24 frees says that is completely wrong.
OK that wasn't all.

IN MY OPINION.

That is all.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:So lets get this straight. People tell us they favourr the home side when playing an interstate side but it seems they dont when playing us and then they cheat because they dont want us to win. That makes sense.
Even you can't give your typical Philadelphia lawyer-style defense for the umpiring last night. That really says a lot about how bad they really were.

I'm not going to blame the umps for our defeat, but boy, there were some Barry Crocker decisions that went against us.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So lets get this straight. People tell us they favourr the home side when playing an interstate side but it seems they dont when playing us and then they cheat because they dont want us to win. That makes sense.
Even you can't give your typical Philadelphia lawyer-style defense for the umpiring last night. That really says a lot about how bad they really were.

I'm not going to blame the umps for our defeat, but boy, there were some Barry Crocker decisions that went against us.

And none against them? They must be lucky. We lost because Kosi did a stupid handball, Milney did a stupid kick, Dal didnt touch it, Armo didnt touch it, and many other reasons.

BushDave
Club Player

I haven't read any posts but agree that umpires are wrong.

Never Give Up!
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:Just waiting for P66 to turn up and tell us how happy we should be about being sodomized

Exactly!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Just waiting for P66 to turn up and tell us how happy we should be about being sodomized

Exactly!

Shouldnt you be on the opposition forum worried about how badly other sides will go.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We lost because Kosi did a stupid handball, Milney did a stupid kick, Dal didnt touch it, Armo didnt touch it, and many other reasons.
I hear you. Costly errors were in abundance.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

And none against them? They must be lucky. We lost because Kosi did a stupid handball, Milney did a stupid kick, Dal didnt touch it, Armo didnt touch it, and many other reasons.
Harsh on Armitage and Dal Santo - with the latter being heavily tagged by Crowley (were you at ES?)
Armitage 16 poss (7 cont) 4 marks 4 tackles 17 pressure acts
Dal Santo 18 poss (14 cont) 3 marks 4 tackles 26 pressure acts 5 clearances 1 goal 5 Score Involv (from afl.com.au)

Sometimes people need to vent - there were some howler 50m penalties against the Saints at crucial times- and a quite a few blatant free kicks not paid, the worst being that Docker putting the ball on the turf when tackled in the Saints goal square, last qtr.
The other way, I saw Milera maybe get away with a throw....
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Sat 21 Apr 2012 2:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hold your ground :shock:
1965 Saint
Club Player

Re: umpiring

I have to say that you are so tiresome Plugger66. The game was line ball because our turnovers, ball handling and delivery were generally appalling. What that meant was that the line-ball umpiring decisions would determine the outcome - and they did. The free kicks not paid in our forward line in the last quarter were decisive. The $3.05 available on the Dorkers would have been attractive to maggots.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though MCG...... They hardly touched it....

Fisher, who played a fair chunk of the first half as a spare across HB and was quelled by Mayne in the second half and at one stage got 1 possession in 40 minutes of footy got votes

BJ got votes for floating across HB getting 25

And never mind a couple of guys making errors
Jack and Lenny turned the ball over countless times and their opponents were the leading disposal winnersfor Freo...... Although their efforts are noted, But really Steven had a Howler. He was running around like a chock with no head....

The missed frees to Milne and Nick were howlers..... And will go down as user errors on review

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

The Goddard non-50 = certain 2 goal turnaround
The Riewoldt non-punch in the face = at least 1 goal turnaround
The Goddard "shepherd" = at least 1 goal turnaround
The two armed tackle around Milne's head that wasn't high = 1 goal turnaround

I don't mind so much that Kosi wasn't paid any for all the wrestling, as no doubt both players were technically infringing most of the time. Interesting though that Fremantle are immune to the holding the ball rule.

We got a stinker in our favour when Stanley pushed his opponent in the back to gather and deliver for a goal. But I don't think that quite evens up the advantage Fremantle had from shocking, crucial calls.

avid
Club Player

It's the first time in 15 or 20 years that I'd say I truly believe we lost due to bad umpiring.
By my count, in the second half alone, terrible umpiring decisions directly handed Freo a four goal differential.
Just watched the replay, and 9 of the 10 second half decisions queried by the commentators were decisions against St Kilda. (The one for Freo was Milera's dodgy flick pass.)
(And of course I'm not saying the umpires' bias was intentional -- this thread is "incompetent umpiring", not "corrupt".)

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Bad Kicking is bad football, and no doubt cost us.

However last week I watched a game where bad ball ups were called back many times during the game. I applauded the ump for doing so. Not one bounce was recalled last night and the ump was hardly bouncing them straight. This is incompetent umpiring.

Our players tackled relentlessly last night and yet I dont think that Freo was pinged once for holding the ball, incorrect disposal dropping the ball etc after being tackled. One Freo player was rotated 360 degrees whilst holding the ball and no free was paid. This is incompetent umpiring as the tackler should be rewarded.

At times it didnt look like freo could get their hands on the ball and then a free kick would be paid to them giving them possession. I believe that about 50% of their goals eventuated from a free kick being paid, giving them possession and them sending the ball down for a goal.

I saw normally very placid supporters get extremely upset last night due to the umpiring.

I hope it doesnt take too long for the armprint on Rooey's neck to go away.

The umpiring last night was confusing and inconsistent. And I agree with the OP that it was incompetent.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though MCG...... They hardly touched it....

Fisher, who played a fair chunk of the first half as a spare across HB and was quelled by Mayne in the second half and at one stage got 1 possession in 40 minutes of footy got votes

BJ got votes for floating across HB getting 25

And never mind a couple of guys making errors
Jack and Lenny turned the ball over countless times and their opponents were the leading disposal winnersfor Freo...... Although their efforts are noted, But really Steven had a Howler. He was running around like a chock with no head....

The missed frees to Milne and Nick were howlers..... And will go down as user errors on review

How do you know the votes already. You got some inside info unless of course you are worried how I vote. Very strange. Sorry to have an opinion that Dal and Armo were poor and Fisher and BJ were better. I forgot that I had to ask you for my opinion. The funny thing is you are wanting to argue against me so much you end up arguing against yourself. You gave BJ a vote but not Dal or Armo. Now that is hilarious. As for the umpires well they make mistakes but my point is because we follow the Saints we only see the ones that are wrong against us. Someone on here even said the one against BJ was wrong in the last quarter. Well that was 100% correct so they need to learn the rules.

Am I allowed to say that Brownlow Bigmart or should that be I am always right Bigmart.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sat 21 Apr 2012 9:09am, edited 1 time in total.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Several times as we were about to get in front inexplicable decisions were played which hadn't been played all night. Dempster head over the ball was collected heavily and the play went on but then when Kosi marked they overturned the decision because he used his strength same with Goddard. They just completely under officiated for 99% of the match and then found trivial incidents to blow the whistle. they are either incompetent or on the take, I would be checking how they pay for holidays and cars if I was the AFL integrity officer or what ever they name the guy who jerks off in a back room somewhere at AFL house.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Several times as we were about to get in front inexplicable decisions were played which hadn't been played all night. Dempster head over the ball was collected heavily and the play went on but then when Kosi marked they overturned the decision because he used his strength same with Goddard. They just completely under officiated for 99% of the match and then found trivial incidents to blow the whistle. they are either incompetent or on the take, I would be checking how they pay for holidays and cars if I was the AFL integrity officer or what ever they name the guy who jerks off in a back room somewhere at AFL house.

BJ's decision was 100% correct. When was the Kosi one. Cant remember it.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

What I find annoying is when they put whistle away for most of the night, then call a couple of 50 meters against us for slightly late spoils.

While on the other hand, Goddard is tackled even later in a marking contest without penalty, also Dawson returning the ball to Riewoldt after a free, got no-where near to him on the full, would have been another certain goal with the 50.

Ballantyne is such a milker and renowned stager, he should be exempt from frees like Milne & Schnieder.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

From where we sat,which was on the fence Aisle 33, the holding the ball decision against Dal Santo, which was the only one paid for the night, was paid by the umpire from behind the play. The umpire who was nearest and front on did not make a decision.
Dal got grabbed, you could tell from his expression he correctly assumed that it was going to be a ball up because the ball was going no where as it was being held to him.
As for the non 50 metre penalty to Goddard, under the interpretation of the rules that should have been a 50 metre penalty everyday, it was a non decision by the umpires.
As for Kosi constantly having an arm wrapped around him by Dawson, I'll bet you'll see that free paid in today's games.
You will also see more evidence of incompetence today, by umpires who have to put up with constant re interpretations of the rules by their boss.
The real problem with the umpire's is that buffoon who is charge of them Gieschen. He was a complete incompetent coach at Richmond and has just continued his incompetency with the umpires.
He should have been sacked years ago.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

When Dal got pinned it was just blatant Im going to stamp my authority on the game. So you sit back and say so thats how its going to be tonight. Not once did they pay a holding free. When Jones tackled the Freo play in our goalsquare the play got swung put the ball in one arm and placed it on the ground. Now Plugger there is no possible reason a umpire can not pay that. The same with Goddards fifty.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Just outlining the fact that you considered Armo and Dal to have hardy touched....when they clearly did, and not sure you understood their roles (in fact you did not)

Loved your votes, and the fact you have a superficial understanding of footy......

Would like to know why you left Dempster and Geary out??? and Steven in?? Forgot if you gave Kosi a vote, the most influential fwd on the ground....

But that's your opinion yes, but you bag the F*** out of everyone else's, so I make it a point to mock your rubbish....as you attempt to do to me...I know when your struggling though, you resort to silly attempted ridiculing and poor humor...

But hey, I like the nickname it's HILRIOUS!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Just outlining the fact that you considered Armo and Dal to have hardy touched....when they clearly did, and not sure you understood their roles (in fact you did not)

Loved your votes, and the fact you have a superficial understanding of footy......

Would like to know why you left Dempster and Geary out??? and Steven in?? Forgot if you gave Kosi a vote, the most influential fwd on the ground....

But that's your opinion yes, but you bag the F*** out of everyone else's, so I make it a point to mock your rubbish....as you attempt to do to me...I know when your struggling though, you resort to silly attempted ridiculing and poor humor...

But hey, I like the nickname it's HILRIOUS!

I didnt include those players because they werent in the best 5 IMO. Hope that suits you brownlow. Matter of fact i thought dempster was ordinary. again I hope that is alright. Now brownlow could you explain Dal and Armo's role to me as you know i dont understand it. You are a footy god so explain it. I doubt it is being a midfielder and trying to get less than 19 possessions but if it is they did their job well. You surley should have given votes to both if that was the case. And when i bag the f*** out of everyones opinion. You can disagree without bagging the f*** as you call it brownlow. I do bow to your footy knowledge oh great one. Or should that oh high and mighty one.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Thank you

Dempster only played on a champion, 6 times B&F and 6 times AA....and stopping him dominating is an effort within itself, and I thought, whilst Pav was influential at times (always will be) he competed and often quelled the great man
Did you know he played on Pav?? Honestly?
Dal was clearly blanketed, by a great tagging game...... But hardly touched it?? Come on..... What were his stats, 18 and. Goal/Crowley got 15 and a goal as his direct. Opponent.

Lenny got 30, Barlow got 30..... They clearly went head to head.....

How do you think Gears played???
And Kosi??

BTW Goddard, was OK.....in our best, but not dominant.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Thank you

Dempster only played on a champion, 6 times B&F and 6 times AA....and stopping him dominating is an effort within itself, and I thought, whilst Pav was influential at times (always will be) he competed and often quelled the great man
Did you know he played on Pav?? Honestly?
Dal was clearly blanketed, by a great tagging game...... But hardly touched it?? Come on..... What were his stats, 18 and. Goal/Crowley got 15 and a goal as his direct. Opponent.

Lenny got 30, Barlow got 30..... They clearly went head to head.....

How do you think Gears played???
And Kosi??

BTW Goddard, was OK.....in our best, but not dominant.....

Still havent told me dal's role or Armo's. I know who everyone played on. I was at the game and as hard as it is to beleive I watch it closely. Were you there? i thought Geary was very good and actually forgot him when voting. I dont take it that seriously. Thought Kosi was good but wouldnt have put him in the votes. Sorry for that opinion.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:The tackle by Nick in the last five minutes where the Freo player put the ball on the ground, I repeat, put the ball on the ground would have to one on the most incompetent decisions we have seen for a while. We were a goal down at the time and that decision cost us any chance of winning.
That was the one that made my blood boil. So F-ing blatant. So F-ing crucial. So F-ing incompetent

But there were many others. Nearly every crucial decision went against us.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Must watch it closely

Perhaps watch the replay.... You mightn't forget people....and see thing more closely.... You can miss things 100 meters away.