Can we win one of our next four?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jays
Club Player

Re: Can we win one of our next four?

we need to win 2 of these or kiss the season goodbye

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

The pressure will be on the hawks not us. Only look one week ahead and I say we will beat the hawks

#1 Ryder fan
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think we can but we need to come out with a strong showing against the Hawks or the heart ache will set in. Beat the Hawks and we will probably win one or two more. The atmosphere at the G was awful last night and was pretty hard to want to cheer let alone play. A big game might puff the sails up a little and get the sense of occasion into some stars. Lenny won't die wondering at least.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Duck Coast were lucky v tiges - I almost thought the game was in WA such was the umpires bias to them. I sort of hope they can stay unbeaten till late in the season as the pressure will just build up on them

But we can them pricks over there for sure. Lay some big hits on natunui and gaff early on. Their defense looked ordinary against the tiges

defacto
Club Player

stevie wrote:Duck Coast were lucky v tiges - I almost thought the game was in WA such was the umpires bias to them. I sort of hope they can stay unbeaten till late in the season as the pressure will just build up on them

But we can them pricks over there for sure. Lay some big hits on natunui and gaff early on. Their defense looked ordinary against the tiges
i've been very suprised by the lack of pressure they put on natanui on the lead to the pack. the pies used to make sure roo never had a clear run and bumped into him from all angles every 5 seconds. surely opposition sides should be doing this to cox and nic nat?

stevie
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
stevie wrote:Duck Coast were lucky v tiges - I almost thought the game was in WA such was the umpires bias to them. I sort of hope they can stay unbeaten till late in the season as the pressure will just build up on them

i've been very suprised by the lack of pressure they put on natanui on the lead to the pack. the pies used to make sure roo never had a clear run and bumped into him from all angles every 5 seconds. surely opposition sides should be doing this to cox and nic nat?
Yeah good point. It's annoying watching natunui just float around, taking the odd speckie. ROUGH HIM UP ffs!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:The pressure will be on the hawks not us.
So true. Some doubt may have crept in amongst the Hawker ranks after today. A lot of sphincters are going to be tightening around Glenferrie Road over the course of the next week :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Totally agree with the move for Roo. We have been commenting over the last couple of weeks
and would like to see Roo play a different role. We spoke about the back line and the the wing.
He seems to be struggling at the moment and is a real champion. You can't continue to be playing
at CHF, he needs to be freed up and if he is not playing in this position we possibly won't be so predictable

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Not sure any team other than GWS we would be legitimate favourites against.
Wouldn't be betting the house against Richmond or Brisbane and next to GWS they are probably the worst sides we are yet to play.
However would love to eat my words over the next few weeks!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Doubt we can win any after the performance on Saturday. Hawks are struggling though so they may be a minor chance. Hopefully Sydney are due for a loss by the time we play them. Cant beat Carlton or WCE IMO.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Doubt we can win any after the performance on Saturday. Hawks are struggling though so they may be a minor chance. Hopefully Sydney are due for a loss by the time we play them. Cant beat Carlton or WCE IMO.

That's how I see it. We are no chance against WC, especially off a six day break. We then face the Swans coming back from Perth on a six day break which is basically a death knell.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.