Piss weak Saints fans......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Piss weak Saints fans......

TJMcCarthy wrote:Nothing wrong with the G. I think some fans have got the sooks.
and a plague on those piss weak fair weather supporters who left early......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
No1_Saint
Club Player

It was a shocking turn up of Saints fans...and the cheer squad as unusually small as well. Was there an issue there? Or Did it look small in a bigger stand?

But as has been pointed out most Saints fans don't like the G. Yet here we are bitching that we don't get blockbuster games...yet we had a chance to have a crowd of at least 50k...possibly 60,000 and we failed. Why would the AFL give us any blockbuster games at the G if our fans don't turn up?

lefty
Club Player

Was sick. Will be going to the Carlton game if its a home game. I prefer the night games, because during a Saturday, I'm at my local football club which is all of Saturday day gone.
I don't think the weather conditions helped either. If we were 5-0 going into the game, I think more would show.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
millarsaint wrote:you've got to hand it to Hawthorn though. they have an away game played at their home ground, in their home strip, with members free, and some sweet free kicks.
Not bad hey?
Maybe we could ask West Coast to play their home game against us at Colonial Stadium next year?
And we will have more of the same later on this season against Melbourne ...

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
dragit wrote:
millarsaint wrote:you've got to hand it to Hawthorn though. they have an away game played at their home ground, in their home strip, with members free, and some sweet free kicks.
Not bad hey?
Maybe we could ask West Coast to play their home game against us at Colonial Stadium next year?
And we will have more of the same later on this season against Melbourne ...
It will be differant because me;lbourne do not have replacement games- as hawthorn do for Tasmanian games- and Saturday was one of those..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

gringo wrote:What's sad is I turned up at the g and paid the gate fee because i have an 11 gamer this year and thought it was their home game.
Unlucky!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
GRAMophone
Club Player

Seems Scotty is challenging Saints fans to turn up and make some noise - in his diplomatic way - in today's coach's message to members:

'This home game always draws a large and vocal crowd and we would love to see and hear more Sainters than Blues in the stadium next week'

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
gringo
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
gringo wrote:What's sad is I turned up at the g and paid the gate fee because i have an 11 gamer this year and thought it was their home game.
Unlucky!
Na just dumb.

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

[/quote]you've got to hand it to Hawthorn though. they have an away game played at their home ground, in their home strip, with members free, and some sweet free kicks.[/quote]

Yes millarsaint -That is some trick i must say. How can we replicate that trick?

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
No1_Saint
Club Player

Good point, why did we wear the away shorts?

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

going by the polls that are mentioned in the blogs about " choices for chooseday selections " where the replays featuring saints appear to poll well , perhaps this explains why nobody is turning up !
Obviously allot of saints fans have foxtel and its easier to watch the game on telly .

In red white and black from 73
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

It will be differant because me;lbourne do not have replacement games- as hawthorn do for Tasmanian games- and Saturday was one of those..[/quote]

Umm...what about the MCC? Most of the MCC are Melbourne supporters as well. It will definitely have the feel of a Melbourne home game.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Get off your high horse the lot of you.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:Get off your high horse the lot of you.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

shesh cant leave early
cant not go

next you wont be able to watch the game on the f****** telly and the mob in here will lynch you for it and call you a piss weak numpty sooky la la

f*** me :roll:

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

It's pretty laughable, isn't it? :lol:

I'm guessing those that slag off (on the internet) anyone for leaving early, never say the same things to those near them that are leaving early on the day (to their faces, especially if they're their size, or bigger). Only have the guts to do it when they're safely behind their computer! :lol: And they call them "soft" and "weak" and so on! :lol:
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Thu 10 May 2012 1:35pm, edited 2 times in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I find it interesting that those that are interstate are some of the more vocal within this thread.

Seems like a sensitive issue to them. Not sure why. Maybe its to make things all about them and to strive for attention.

Pretty sure the nut and bolts of the issue for most people is the lack of support at the MCG in comparison to Etihad.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

LMFAO

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

what happens if somebody has something better to do? do we just write a letter to the club 10 business days before the event explaining the situiation?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:what happens if somebody has something better to do? do we just write a letter to the club 10 business days before the event explaining the situiation?
And what if Kosi plans on kicking 5 goals again Dools?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saintdooley wrote:what happens if somebody has something better to do? do we just write a letter to the club 10 business days before the event explaining the situiation?
And what if Kosi plans on kicking 5 goals again Dools?
again? il believe it when i see it.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:shesh cant leave early
cant not go

next you wont be able to watch the game on the f****** telly and the mob in here will lynch you for it and call you a piss weak numpty sooky la la

f*** me :roll:

i've called you worse.... :wink: :mrgreen:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:I find it interesting that those that are interstate are some of the more vocal within this thread.

Seems like a sensitive issue to them. Not sure why. Maybe its to make things all about them and to strive for attention.

Pretty sure the nut and bolts of the issue for most people is the lack of support at the MCG in comparison to Etihad.
I came to Melbourne for this game. My first game in Melbourne this year and it may be my only one for this season. Do I think some people take the privilege of being able to go to the footy frequently for granted? Yes I do, regardless of whether it's Etihad or MCG. But, is it my place to cast judgement? Of course not.

If people want to complain about the poltics of a home game at the MCG, or choose to leave the match early or not even go at all, it's their business and who are any of us to judge them?

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:
Spinner wrote:I find it interesting that those that are interstate are some of the more vocal within this thread.

I came to Melbourne for this game. My first game in Melbourne this year and it may be my only one for this season. Do I think some people take the privilege of being able to go to the footy frequently for granted? Yes I do, regardless of whether it's Etihad or MCG. But, is it my place to cast judgement? Of course not.

If people want to complain about the poltics of a home game at the MCG, or choose to leave the match early or not even go at all, it's their business and who are any of us to judge them?

Im not judging people individually. Its a mass generalisation because a large section of supporters seem to refuse to go to the MCG.

Its an issue. Whether you agree with it or not.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:

agree