Breaking news ... Stanley 4-6 weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

paddy
Club Player

Re: Breaking news ... Stanley 4-6 weeks

does anyone know what is deemed a 'long term ingury'?

does it have to be over 6-8 weeks? It would be nice to bring in some of our solid rookies for a bit of a run?

And do they need to be put back onto the rookie list once the other saint returns from injury?

Cheers,
Paddy

To the top
SS Life Member

I put forward last year that every effort should have been made to have Gardiner around for another season.

And he should have played in that final against Sydney.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:How long is Macca?

Can we get Jacko Ferg in the backline. Wilkes in the fwd line. And let Kosi and Blake do 50:50 job share in the ruck?

Not sure how Ferg can play but he isnt ready anyway. And we need a forward not a backman.
yeah true. but wilkes can go fwd. i shudder when he goes back. but yeah we have gwility and chips to come back so we should be ok down back.
interesting one i guess. imagine if big arch comes up! that would be a big change of fortune.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:How long is Macca?

Can we get Jacko Ferg in the backline. Wilkes in the fwd line. And let Kosi and Blake do 50:50 job share in the ruck?

Not sure how Ferg can play but he isnt ready anyway. And we need a forward not a backman.
yeah true. but wilkes can go fwd. i shudder when he goes back. but yeah we have gwility and chips to come back so we should be ok down back.
interesting one i guess. imagine if big arch comes up! that would be a big change of fortune.

Archer is not that big..................193cm

saint4life
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

almost wish it was 6-8 so he could be put on LTI and Archer or Ferguson could come up....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Is Mumford playing??

If so we in trouble....

“Yeah….nah””
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Is Mumford playing??

If so we in trouble....

not last I heard and neither is Goodes.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't mind seeing what difference a year has made to Darch's development. They must believe he has some up side or he wouldn't still be there. Beau could take over full forward at sandy Darch, Raph and Gwilt to make a bit of a flexible if not tall spine.

Otherwise I would love to see Ledger get a run about now possibly for Cripps as the sub, he will still be sore you'd think.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone else not understand 4-6 weeks. High grade hamstrings take 4 weeks. How could he be out for up to 6 weeks? Collingwood reckon Swan will play in 2 weeks with his hamstring. Did Stanley get shot shot in the leg as well?

As for Fisher getting named against the Blues and last week "would have played if the game was in Melbourne". Is anyone surprised he wont be playing this week. He did a hamstring FFS. He will miss 3 to 4 like most hamstrings. They fair dinkum think we are stupid.

8856brother wrote:Does anyone else not understand 4-6 weeks. High grade hamstrings take 4 weeks. How could he be out for up to 6 weeks? Collingwood reckon Swan will play in 2 weeks with his hamstring. Did Stanley get shot shot in the leg as well?

As for Fisher getting named against the Blues and last week "would have played if the game was in Melbourne". Is anyone surprised he wont be playing this week. He did a hamstring FFS. He will miss 3 to 4 like most hamstrings. They fair dinkum think we are stupid.

There are grade 1, 2 and 3 hamstrings. Stanley obviously has a higher grade than Swan.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Does anyone else not understand 4-6 weeks. High grade hamstrings take 4 weeks. How could he be out for up to 6 weeks? Collingwood reckon Swan will play in 2 weeks with his hamstring. Did Stanley get shot shot in the leg as well?

i guess Rooey was just a little slow getting back when he did his.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

I think ripping it off the bone may be a tad more serious than a strain. Just a guess. Thanks for your insight though. How many strains take 6 weeks? That was my point.

8856brother wrote:
gringo wrote:

I think ripping it off the bone may be a tad more serious than a strain. Just a guess. Thanks for your insight though. How many strains take 6 weeks? That was my point.

His is a tear not a strain.

saints66
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Can someone tell me the point of naming Chips 2 weeks ago? Never got that bull s*** under RL and get it even less under SW.
There was totally no point in naming Fisher that time (or saying he could have played last week in Melb) - never really cared much for that so-called mind games, or whatever.

Tough on Stanley - and the Saints. Wish they had drafted McCauley as a backup, filled in at Hawthorn for a while....
or do a trade deal with Essendon to draft Josh Jenkins. The kid looks a beauty ..........

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

There are grade 1, 2 and 3 hamstrings. Stanley obviously has a higher grade than Swan.
Watters said it was a grade 2 hamstring and he was hopeful Rhys would be back in 4.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
8856brother wrote:
gringo wrote:

His is a tear not a strain.
What's a strain then Plunger? I was of the understanding a strain is a tear. I'm no physio though. Far from it. I'm sure I'll be shot down if I'm wrong. Still don't know of too many blokes who have missed 6 weeks with a strained/torn hamstring, regardless of grade. Its either 2,3 or 4, or well over 10 if it needs an operation.

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Can someone tell me the point of naming Chips 2 weeks ago? Never got that bull s*** under RL and get it even less under SW.
SW also said that Chips was a cert to play last week had the game been in Melbourne.

I didn't think Ross played those games..

Are you related/partners?
Why would you respond to such a crass statement....tugger is so full of it

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
SW also said that Chips was a cert to play last week had the game been in Melbourne.

It good to have someone like you on this board. Proves nothing but comic relief just like your continuous hand relief.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

saints66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
There was totally no point in naming Fisher that time (or saying he could have played last week in Melb) - never really cared much for that so-called mind games, or whatever.

Tough on Stanley - and the Saints. Wish they had drafted McCauley as a backup, filled in at Hawthorn for a while....
or do a trade deal with Essendon to draft Josh Jenkins. The kid looks a beauty ..........
Yes I forgot about Jenkins, he's doing well, I didn't realize he was so big. Only cost an upraded pick (Adelaide gave Ess pick 31 for Jenkins + pick 41).

Hold your ground :shock:
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Strain, tear whatever. It's grade 1, 2, 3 or 4.

You hear it go, visit the physio and they give you the grade of the tear. Simple, but fukcing painful when it happens!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Why would you respond to such a crass statement....tugger is so full of it[/quote]

It good to have someone like you on this board. Proves nothing but comic relief just like your continuous hand relief.[/quote]

top reply :D

I love this club
manoffewwords
Club Player

Went to a physio last night with a calf injury,"old Mans Injury" and I asked if it was a tear or a strain he said a strain was in fact still torn fibres so there was little difference except for the amount of fibres ripped, that relates to the grade of the injury.
He used to work for Melbourne not long ago so maybe he dosent have any idea of what he is talking about.

Man Of Few Words 2 weeks

Say something once why say it again?
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

I can't as we are bum chums..remember?

I mught start ignoring P66 and responding to your posts. They're beuties..I wanna be YOUR bum chum.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Freebird
Club Player

beuties?

It's obvious why you are a tugger follower

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:beuties?

It's obvious why you are a tugger follower
No, not really but you do sound like a massive fuckw!t..you'd know about being realted to someone on this site..same person even perhaps.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.