McGlynn hit on injured Steven

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

McGlynn hit on injured Steven

Did anybody else notice Ben McGlynn go out of his way to bump Jack Steven when Jack was limping off with a sore knee in the third quarter? It was after a goal on the docklands side of the centre square while Jack was limping straight to the bench with the doctor.

I thought this was now against the rules and a reportable offence. I think Joey got a week for it last year?

Pretty pathetic effort from McGlynn but I bet it he gets away with it.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: McGlynn hit on injured Steven

didn't see it but Micheal Roberts commentating from the bench to MMM did.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I just watched the replay & it was mentioned by the commentators (& then passed off a maybe McGlynn didn't know he was injured).

Hopefully he'll cop the same that Joey did last year.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Of course he didn't know Jack was injured. He was limping noticeably as he tried to jog off, but as McGlynn is a swines player, he has an automatic exemption. BTW, did you guys know Jack Steven hails from Lorne, which is a place just down the Great Ocean Road? How do I know this? Well, Brian told me, Brian told me, Brian told me so, I lnow everything I need to know 'cause Brian told me so! Sorry, wrong Brian, but you get the drift.........

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

That c**k knocker Finey was saying it's jack's fault for having a funny running style so he hobbles anyway so it will be disgraceful if Mc Glynn goes down for it. Maybe he should just go follow the dons or someone else, most negative fan ever and I read the stuff on here.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Dog act. :evil:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:That c**k knocker Finey was saying it's jack's fault for having a funny running style so he hobbles anyway so it will be disgraceful if Mc Glynn goes down for it. Maybe he should just go follow the dons or someone else, most negative fan ever and I read the stuff on here.
Does anyone know if Finey blogs here?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
gringo wrote:That c**k knocker Finey was saying it's jack's fault for having a funny running style so he hobbles anyway so it will be disgraceful if Mc Glynn goes down for it. Maybe he should just go follow the dons or someone else, most negative fan ever and I read the stuff on here.
Does anyone know if Finey blogs here?

Someone posts as Finey so I assume he's on here. Just hope he doesn't meet me in person now. Still think he's a c**k just not to his face.

defacto
Club Player

i like finey

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The MRP will look at it after all the media attention it has received !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Something totally unrelated to this OP, but related to your opinion on Finey...I heard Finey say a few times that none of his kids go for the Saints...H'es got 3 of them I think, so what are the odds that they'd be barracking for different teams...They go for Tigers and Blues or something like that...and I think one of them goes for an interstate team...Is that right? Not trying to say you're a sh1t parent or anything..but how the f### can none of your kids go for the same team that their dad barracks for?
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 27 May 2012 5:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

didnt think there was much in it to be honest

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote:
Something totally unrelated to this OP, but related to your opinion on Finey...I heard Finey say a few times that none of his kids go for the Saints...They go for Tigers and Blues or something like that...and I think one of them goes for an interstate team...Is that right? Not trying to say you're a sh1t parent or anything..but how the f### can none of your kids go for the same team that their dad barracks for?
Then I'll say it. s*** patenting.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Scollop wrote:
Something totally unrelated to this OP, but related to your opinion on Finey...I heard Finey say a few times that none of his kids go for the Saints...H'es got 3 of them I think, so what are the odds that they'd be barracking for different teams...They go for Tigers and Blues or something like that...and I think one of them goes for an interstate team...Is that right? Not trying to say you're a sh1t parent or anything..but how the f### can none of your kids go for the same team that their dad barracks for?
One of my best friends is a Collingwood supporter and he said that his kids can support any team they want and he didn't pressure them in any way. Now one supports the bulldogs and the other supports the Lions. So if you let them support who they want it can happen quite easily.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Drawing on my own personal experience, I find it hard to understand how kids cannot be influenced by their parents allegiances when it comes to the footy. How can you follow an AFL team and not be a passionate supporter. How can you go to the footy and not barrack or cheer your team or at least applaud when there's a good mark or a ripper goal? If your kids are allowed to go to the footy with you, wouldn't they start cheering for the same team as you? If you assume that kids get an opportunity to attend games with parents or with family, you'd assume that those kids would align themselves with their mum's or dads team wouldn't you? If kids don't get to feel the atmosphere of live footy with their parents, and share in that tribal atmosphere and share the thrill of your tribe winning, perhaps that explains it.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Some of this is a joke. Who cares what team your kid goes for. Jee some people take footy way to seriously, unhealthy obsession.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Majority
Club Player

The Finey on radio, and the Finey at the football are different people.
Early in his career at SEN (around 7 years ago), he may have been too bias towards the Saints.
He copped heavy abuse from all angles, so he modified his radio persona.
This created a situation, that he removes his emotion and he has over corrected.

Finey viewed his football from the animal enclosure at Moorabbin..........need I say more?

SaintJohn1956
Club Player

I was at the game and noticed the Swans player bump Jack. (Didn't know it was McGlynn) however it would be hard for him to say he didn't know Jack was injured as he had a trainer/runner right next to him. It was Obvious he was going off and he wasn't quite right. It looked really deliberate to me. Sure it wasn't that hard but it was harder than Montagna's "bump" on Curnow.

Saint John
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Mentioned by Mark Robinson in his column today in the "Things I Don't Like" section.

7. Ben McGlynn
It's a man's game, but rules are rules and if a player is injured another cannot come in, when the ball is elsewhere, and make contact. McGlynn did it to Jack Steven in the third quarter. This should test the AFL's stance on the matter.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Patrick Keane‏@AFL_PKeane

Ben McGlynn cleared contact Jack Steven. McGlynn did not actively change direction to bump Steven as the ST Kilda player left the field.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintJohn1956
Club Player

That is weak as. What has not changing direction got to do with it?

Saint John
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Nothing in it IMO. AFL is already over sanitised.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

... as p*ss.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
To the top
SS Life Member

Two sets of rules.

Went straight at Steven who was labouring off accompanied by a trainer.

Was an off the ball incident where a player made deliberate contact with an injured player hobbling toward the interchange bench.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote:
Scollop wrote:
One of my best friends is a Collingwood supporter and he said that his kids can support any team they want and he didn't pressure them in any way. Now one supports the bulldogs and the other supports the Lions. So if you let them support who they want it can happen quite easily.
My Dad is a Melbourne fan and there are many family photos of myself as a little tacker wearing a Melbourne gurnsey clutching a Demons Ruckle (remember those?) I made a choice when I got older as did my brother. My Dad didnt force me or my 2 brothers (one of which decided to stick with the Dees) to support his side though he was disapointed. My mum however, a Saints fan, was pretty happy

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum