Embarrassing

I'm glad we won. It was great to see Riewoldt kick his 500th. Some of the keys to our future - Steven, Newnes, Siposs, Armo - played well. Gwilt and Gilbert were better. It was nice to see Raph and Schneider back.

But the main thing I'm left feeling is a sense of embarrassment for the game I love. What is the point of this nonsense team? The confidence and career prospects of up to a dozen highly talented youngsters sacrificed on the altar of the AFL's psychotic dreams of world domination? 18 months on and the Suns are the most crappy, demoralized team imaginable. There seemed to be more Saints fans there tonight. Do the Suns have any fans? Why would they?

Every national sporting team set up on the Gold Coast has failed, or is struggling.

Waste of money, waste of time, waste of talent.

Embarrassing.......

Beekay

Re: Embarrassing

And the Demons?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if GC won a flag before us.

Agreed we should take three of them back at the end of the year and develop them properly.

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)

The Tassie Suns...Just doesnt sound right.

Beekay wrote:And the Demons?

The Demons are a club with a proud tradition.

The Suns are a phoney joke. If they win a flag before us, it won't be with more than 1 or 2 of the guys we saw playing tonight.

Beekay

meher baba wrote: The Demons are a club with a proud tradition.
So are West Coast.

joffaboy wrote:Agreed we should take three of them back at the end of the year and develop them properly.
That is what I think the Suns should do. They have to reduce their list anyway so they should trade some of the young guns for quality experieced players and that would benifit the young guys coming home and the Suns

It makes one sick. The ALF will pump all the $$$ required in to Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney to make sure they succeed. It doesn't matter how much time and money it takes, the ALF will make sure they win.

Peake for Caddy, win win.

didn't we just beat them by 20 points last year at their ground, when they were less experienced?

Doesn't our form also have something to do with it?

I remember the same sort of comments being made about Adelaide and Port when they joined the comp. If memory serves me correct, both have won flags in the last 20 years whilst we have not. I don't like the expansion to the Gold Coast and Sydney, mainly because Tassie should have got a team yonks ago. But to misunderstand the advantage that both have been handed, and to declare them duds, is quite bizarre. We took 69 years to win our first and only flag. Stick to bagging Carlton and Essendon.

Old Mate wrote:Peake for Caddy, win win.
Indeed. Just mention the word "Kirra" to Peake and he'll be off!

bit harsh, becarefull what you say. the more embarrasing they are, the more attention it gets, the more the afl will have to give them more concessions. they want GWS/GC to work, they wont relocate them or let them fail

The crows and port were both very competitive in their first season, so your memory must be going.
Port only missed the eight in 97 in the last game - a loss against us. No one was questioning either teams ability and future in year two. Both from a powerful footy state, even now the sanfl is the scond best comp in the land.
The gold coast is a superficial place with fickle superficial supporters - as evidenced with the quick rise and quicker demise of countless professional sporting franchises. The suns will become a laughing stock and will never win a flag. Never!

Majority

GC Suns are disgraceful, meekly led and have no spirit.

You would never see a Tassie team dish up S*** like that. They were disinterested.

BTW I do realize Tassie were smashed a few weeks ago, but they at least had a massive crack, and we're just out of there depth

desertsaint wrote:...The suns will become a laughing stock and will never win a flag. Never!
Not even their first in their first 69 years (67 years from now)? And not even one in 115 years (113 years from now)? Old adage: People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Just concentrate on the few positives from the win rather than bagging the opposition, others will take care of that. Ignorant and short sighted comment is the sole province of the media.

perfectionist wrote:
desertsaint wrote:...The suns will become a laughing stock and will never win a flag. Never!
Not even their first in their first 69 years (67 years from now)? And not even one in 115 years (113 years from now)? Old adage: People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Just concentrate on the few positives from the win rather than bagging the opposition, others will take care of that. Ignorant and short sighted comment is the sole province of the media.
The suns won't exist in 69 years.
And why would I want others to bag them when I can?
And ignorant and short sighted comment is something we all partake in - whether this time it is you or i will be uncovered in due course.

andrewg

They will probably win a flag before us take the wins while we still can.

meher baba wrote:Do the Suns have any fans?

Bring back University !!!

ShanghaiSaint

meher baba wrote:I'm glad we won. It was great to see Riewoldt kick his 500th. Some of the keys to our future - Steven, Newnes, Siposs, Armo - played well. Gwilt and Gilbert were better. It was nice to see Raph and Schneider back.

But the main thing I'm left feeling is a sense of embarrassment for the game I love. What is the point of this nonsense team? The confidence and career prospects of up to a dozen highly talented youngsters sacrificed on the altar of the AFL's psychotic dreams of world domination? 18 months on and the Suns are the most crappy, demoralized team imaginable. There seemed to be more Saints fans there tonight. Do the Suns have any fans? Why would they?

Every national sporting team set up on the Gold Coast has failed, or is struggling.

Waste of money, waste of time, waste of talent.

Embarrassing.......
think of all the young talent that hasn't been resigned... there is a plus.

ShanghaiSaint

Beekay wrote:
great point, just look at what the Lions did! hell even port won one.

.the place is full of ex mexicans and finer southerners
who deserve some footy
... funky stadium , funky women in their funky colours

... all up not bad.
be fair.

desertsaint wrote:The suns won't exist in 69 years.
I'm with you DS. I hate all the new artificial plastic non-Victorian franchises! :twisted:

I don't care how many ill-gotten flags the AFL gifts them. They are not real traditional clubs, grown from a real grass-roots history. No, they are the contrived, soul-less and kitsch concoctions of the AFL's spin-doctors. :twisted:

But worst of all, we have to look at their stupid jumpers, and even occasionally listen to their cringingly appalling theme songs! Uggggghh!!! :twisted:
mr six o'clock wrote:Bring back University !!!
And bring back Fitzroy at the Brunswick Street oval... just in case we do sell out and become the Wellington Boots, I could do the reverse of Peter Temple's Jack Irish and his mates...