10+ years member jumper

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

Re: 10+ years member jumper

I reckon this is great initiative but wisk this was worn by the players against Carton in round 23 rather than 1 of Herr Dictator's love clubs (GWS).

I will definitely buy one, being a 15+ member from the strong part of the 2 speed economy in WA. My wife (10+ years member) is refusing due to the cost.

Like others, I know would be at the arse end or arm pit with only 2 letters shown but this doesnt deter me.

If my wife changed her mind, I bet she would make the front above the sponsors or emblems. She has the luck with these sorts of things.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:I think it is an awesome idea, I have just purchased mine as well.

+1

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
kalsaint
Club Player

Saint_Ash wrote:I have received this email from the club, i think it's a good way of honoring the 10+ year members but not sure if it is worth the cost.

Dear Ash,

On August 25, 2012, The St Kilda Football Club will be honouring the heart and soul of the Saints by wearing a guernsey with the names of our longest serving Members.

For the first time in our proud history, we are offering all 10 year + Members a once in a lifetime opportunity to have their name immortalised on a guernsey which will be worn by all Saints players in our round 22 clash against GWS.

For $250 (postage included) you are able to purchase this guernsey with your name on it, along with a Loyalty Recognition Certificate and collector box. This is truly a timeless piece of Saints history and an opportunity to have your name forever sewn into the Saints Fabric!
Hurry, names on the guernsey will be allocated
on a strictly first-come, first-served basis,
with space extremely limited.

The exclusive offer ends Friday June 22*

Available in Adult sizes, XS-XXXL

Your My Saints Account details are provided below:

Member ID: XXXXXXXXXXX
Password: Personal PIN

*10 year + Members exclusive period ends on June 8, after which any remaining spaces will be offered to 5-9 year members.

For any additional information please call our in-house Membership support team on 1300 GO SAINTS
Interesting reading this again. There was nothing about 5-9 year membership on my card in the mail today (11/6). Yes TODAY, when someone obviously had this June 1st or perhaps even earlier.

I will be pissed if I dont get my name and jumper after seeing this huge delay in receiving this just because I live in a small city in WA.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

10 + going on the front 5-9 on the back
But there is a deadline so there can be production etc.

I'd just suggest get in when able- stating your years
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 12 Jun 2012 5:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SinCitySainter
Club Player

This is just cynical rubbish by the club.
We are honouring 10 year plus members by letting them donate $250 to the club and in return get a $50 jumper with their name printed on it somewhere.

I have been a social club member for 15+ years but no way will I be doing this.
I have a Rebels membership as well and they gave me a free cap because I have been a member for two years.
The constant "honouring", new term for begging, this club does is becoming downright insulting.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote:This is just cynical rubbish by the club.
We are honouring 10 year plus members by letting them donate $250 to the club and in return get a $50 jumper with their name printed on it somewhere.

I have been a social club member for 15+ years but no way will I be doing this.
I have a Rebels membership as well and they gave me a free cap because I have been a member for two years.
The constant "honouring", new term for begging, this club does is becoming downright insulting.

I dont think it is compulsory.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

I think it's a great idea & bought my "Naming Rights" as soon as I got the email.

The people that bleat on & on about the club not doing anything for "them" give me the s***s!

We choose to support the club. No one is forcing you to purchase any "extras".

I'm sure the club appreciates that not everyone can support all of the fundraising initiatives that they come up with. Which I'm sure is why they come up with different opportunities at different price levels.

Contribute where you's like to or for that matter don't contribute but do not bag the club for not "giving" you something for nothing.

karnaby
Club Player

+1
happy to contribute to the club

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
SinCitySainter
Club Player

PLUGGER14 wrote:I think it's a great idea & bought my "Naming Rights" as soon as I got the email.

The people that bleat on & on about the club not doing anything for "them" give me the s***s!

I'm sure the club appreciates that not everyone can support all of the fundraising initiatives that they come up with. Which I'm sure is why they come up with different opportunities at different price levels.

Contribute where you's like to or for that matter don't contribute but do not bag the club for not "giving" you something for nothing.
I am actually not opposed to the club fund raising what I am opposed to is the suggestion that this is in some way honouring the loyalty of long standing members.
It is not, it is honouring the mighty dollar nothing else.
They have already changed it from 10 years+ to now 5 years+ and if they don't get the numbers they require will open it up to all members.
Why not just be honest and say it is a fund raiser rather than pretend it is doing something for the members?

The club over the last few years has embraced a higher level of professionalism which brings with it numerous improvements both on and off field.
However, it also brings an atitude change.
Members are no longer considered an important part of the club only their wallets are.
I understand the logic, the hope is by becoming more professional we will become more sucessful, so far so good.
However, it is hard to argue that you also lose a little bit of the club's soul.
One of the things that attracted me to the club in the first place was that it seemed to be run as much by the heart as by the head.
It was a community as much as it was a club, now it is a corporation.
All well and good but a little sad none the less.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote: They have already changed it from 10 years+ to now 5 years+ and if they don't get the numbers they require will open it up to all members.
incorrect - was always the plan to have 10 = on the front and 5=9 on the back..

but believe what you will obviously the club can't do much right by you

exzctly how would you like to be recognised for service of membership-- give suggestions....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:I think it's a great idea & bought my "Naming Rights" as soon as I got the email.

I am actually not opposed to the club fund raising what I am opposed to is the suggestion that this is in some way honouring the loyalty of long standing members.
It is not, it is honouring the mighty dollar nothing else.
They have already changed it from 10 years+ to now 5 years+ and if they don't get the numbers they require will open it up to all members.
Why not just be honest and say it is a fund raiser rather than pretend it is doing something for the members?

The club over the last few years has embraced a higher level of professionalism which brings with it numerous improvements both on and off field.
However, it also brings an atitude change.
Members are no longer considered an important part of the club only their wallets are.
I understand the logic, the hope is by becoming more professional we will become more sucessful, so far so good.
However, it is hard to argue that you also lose a little bit of the club's soul.
One of the things that attracted me to the club in the first place was that it seemed to be run as much by the heart as by the head.
It was a community as much as it was a club, now it is a corporation.
All well and good but a little sad none the less.

Yep that's one view of the promotion. And that's fair enough.

But also with that, Im impressed someone at the club came up with it. Jumpers are $120 from the club so its basically a $130 donation for you name to be on it, plus they wear it in a game. I'm impressed. At least you get something - and as P66 mentioned, it was not compulsory.

Got one myself. Mainly because I like having my name on things.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
SinCitySainter wrote: They have already changed it from 10 years+ to now 5 years+ and if they don't get the numbers they require will open it up to all members.
incorrect - was always the plan to have 10 = on the front and 5=9 on the back..

but believe what you will obviously the club can't do much right by you

exzctly how would you like to be recognised for service of membership-- give suggestions....
No it was not.
The initial email stated "*10 year + Members exclusive period ends on June 8, after which any remaining spaces will be offered to 5-9 year members."

As I said if they fail to sell out the 5-9 area expect it to be opened to all members.

Also you do not know how much of what the club do I agree with or otherwise.
I happen to support the club and the current administration in many of their decisions but not all.
Nor do I believe that it is behoven on a member to blindly agree with everything the club does.

As I stated I am not against this fund raiser per se but am opposed to the dishonest, as I perceive it, method of promotion.
I do not need to be recognised for service of membership but I also do not believe that this fund raiser does it anyway.
If it did it would be for all 10 year+ members not just those that can afford it.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

27 consecutive years for me......

I won't be buying one though

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Has anyone spoken to the club, or have any further info on these??

When they'll be delivered?? How sales are going?? Anything other than what the club email told us??

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:Has anyone spoken to the club, or have any further info on these??

When they'll be delivered?? How sales are going?? Anything other than what the club email told us??

When I ordered I was ensured that names would be on the front for the 10+ members at least.

Delivered first or second week of August.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:When I ordered I was ensured that names would be on the front for the 10+ members at least.
That's good to hear.

After 40 consecutive years of membership I don't want to end up under the left armpit :shock:

Gershwin
Club Player

Brilliant idea.
Everyone decides what they do with $250

For me I will spend it elsewhere.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:I dont think it is compulsory.
Pluggs and Mart may end up with their names side by side on our jumper... together (again) at last. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio ... efold/5344

Nettlefold mentions that this promotion raised $300,000- well done sainters

and they were unable to supply to demand. .

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio ... efold/5344

Nettlefold mentions that this promotion raised $300,000- well done sainters

and they were unable to supply to demand. .
Yes but it started as a 10+ year jumper, then became a 5+ year jumper. I'm not sure how far down they went before they were unable to supply to demand.

I'm not knocking the concept, I love it and I ordered mine, but don't like the spin he's putting on there.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"