Toast: David Armitage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Toast: David Armitage

At the start of the year I for one thought Armo was very much on the fringe of the side, an inconsistent performer too slow for this level.

Through the first 8 weeks of the season he really frustrated, very good wins, very quiet in losses.

But to his credit he has stuck at it and has now played 5 very solid games in a row, all between 22 and 29 possessions. In the first 8 weeks of the season his tallies were 10,22,19,16,28,11,21,13.

Put simply, he has closed the gap between his best and worst and is now playing consistent footy regardless of the team's form.

Well done and keep it up!

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Re: Toast: David Armitage

Was fantastic yesterday, and has been all year... Top 5 this year for mine...

More responsibility and faith in him as a midfielder has allowed him to take big steps...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Was fantastic yesterday, and has been all year... Top 5 this year for mine...

More responsibility and faith in him as a midfielder has allowed him to take big steps...

Yep clearly top 5. Hayes, Steven, Rooy, Armo and maybe Dal. The top 4 clearly ahead of the rest.

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:At the start of the year I for one thought Armo was very much on the fringe of the side, an inconsistent performer too slow for this level.

Through the first 8 weeks of the season he really frustrated, very good wins, very quiet in losses.

But to his credit he has stuck at it and has now played 5 very solid games in a row, all between 22 and 29 possessions. In the first 8 weeks of the season his tallies were 10,22,19,16,28,11,21,13.

Put simply, he has closed the gap between his best and worst and is now playing consistent footy regardless of the team's form.

Good post. It "clicked" for Jack Steven last year and he's followed on this year, glad to see Armo has finally proven his worth. Two players to start to build a midfield around, now for others to support for the next 8 - 10 years... Ledger, Newnes, Ross..

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why is everyone surprised???

You don't carry a depleted side to victory against Hawthron at York Park at 21yo when your hopeless!!! Or even fringe for that matter....

Consistent opportunity allows consistent performance..... His drop off last year coincided with a strange move to a defensive fwd post.... And not even ROTATED through the centre...

Richter
SS Life Member

Yep. No doubt now that Armo and Steven will be the leaders of our next group of mids... becomes vital over the next couple of years to blood more e.g. Ross, Ledger and any others that are picked up in the next draft

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
AdelSaint

Like the way he is always hard at it. A lot of team mates could follow his lead...

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:At the start of the year I for one thought Armo was very much on the fringe of the side, an inconsistent performer too slow for this level.

Good post. It "clicked" for Jack Steven last year and he's followed on this year, glad to see Armo has finally proven his worth. Two players to start to build a midfield around, now for others to support for the next 8 - 10 years... Ledger, Newnes, Ross..
Need to find a young one with a bit of class now. Who at the club can be our next NDS? Or is he not here yet.