Re Saints member area at home games

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thomas
Club Player

Re Saints member area at home games

Last night at the game close to where I sit, were a few NM supporters; which did not make me or many other supporters very happy, some "including one saintsational well known identity" had a words with the NM supporters. Today I contacted the club to air my displeasure, and was told that any vacant seat's ticket is forwarded to the ticketing agency to be sold to the general public, I pointed out that we bought reserve seats because we want to be with our own suppoters, and related what happened last night, and that a few members threatened not to renew next year unless things change, I was assured that the matter will be referred to management to look at in view of changing things for next year.

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
HelenR
Club Player

Re: Re Saints member area at home games

I decided not to renew my reserved seats for exactly the same reason. Waste of money if you end up having opposition sitting behind you. May as well sit in general admission.

Megsie
Club Player

be the first time in 13 seasons "nth melbourne" supporters purchased seats in our area.
They never turn up to their "home games" ! thought how arrogant they were......just like
their smug players

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

If Saints members took up reserved seats then there eouldn't be any left to return,
The club is endeavouring to maximise income and minimide outlay, paying ticketmaster/etihad for a seat and not getting anything for it is not the wsy to do it,
Members not renewing does not help, getting others to sit with you will

Last year we ended up with pies supporters in seats where yesterday nth supporters were

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Love having opposition supporters around me. Adds to the game IMO.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

We had the same problem last night as well in Aisle 38.
I thought the game had to be fully ticketed before the ticket agency grabbed those empty seats and onsold them to whoever walked up to the ticket box.
Hence the idiot North supporter who spent the whole night bagging Rooey and banging on about how he's going to cry.
I think the turn around evil look was enough for him to shut up.
But you are all correct. I pay the money to sit in relative protection of fellow Saints supporters not having to deal with opposition supporter.
And sadly all of this will drive away more Saints supporters from renewing their reserved seats and it will beocme a bigger problem.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i dont think there is anything wrong with having a Op supporter sit in your section at all - if they behave themselves sure thats fine.

Scottish Saint
Club Player

Thomas wrote:Last night at the game close to where I sit, were a few NM supporters; which did not make me or many other supporters very happy, some "including one saintsational well known identity" had a words with the NM supporters. Today I contacted the club to air my displeasure, and was told that any vacant seat's ticket is forwarded to the ticketing agency to be sold to the general public, I pointed out that we bought reserve seats because we want to be with our own suppoters, and related what happened last night, and that a few members threatened not to renew next year unless things change, I was assured that the matter will be referred to management to look at in view of changing things for next year.
This happens regularly in Bay 32 where the seats in the rows behind me haven't been reserved and always seem to end up in opposition hands - and I'm sick of it. I've had the same seats for 7 years and I'm seriously thinking about moving if nothing gets done about it.

I'm dreading Saturday night as Essendon fans are just about the worst going round.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Scottish Saint wrote:
Thomas wrote:Last night at the game close to where I sit, were a few NM supporters; which did not make me or many other supporters very happy, some "including one saintsational well known identity" had a words with the NM supporters. Today I contacted the club to air my displeasure, and was told that any vacant seat's ticket is forwarded to the ticketing agency to be sold to the general public, I pointed out that we bought reserve seats because we want to be with our own suppoters, and related what happened last night, and that a few members threatened not to renew next year unless things change, I was assured that the matter will be referred to management to look at in view of changing things for next year.
This happens regularly in Bay 32 where the seats in the rows behind me haven't been reserved and always seem to end up in opposition hands - and I'm sick of it. I've had the same seats for 7 years and I'm seriously thinking about moving if nothing gets done about it.

I'm dreading Saturday night as Essendon fans are just about the worst going round.

ask for seats in ailse 16/15 area- then maybe those 2 that are vacant will be filled

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

What I found reprehensible a season or so ago, was when some Saints reserved seat holders gave their seats to Carlton supporters (for the game where they beat us by ten goals!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I have it on very good authority that the "Saintsational Well Known Identity" you speak of was very displeased with the situation !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

andrewg
Club Player

Myself and three other family members have not renued our reserved seats in the last two years for exactly the same reason. It's an issue.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:What I found reprehensible a season or so ago, was when some Saints reserved seat holders gave their seats to Carlton supporters (for the game where they beat us by ten goals!)

I give my seats away every game. usually Sainters but if a make who follows the other side wants them I give it to them. Better than no one going to the seats IMO of course.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Won’t be renewing our seats.

Of a group of eight from previous years two dropped out this year. It was explained to membership that the remaining six were still going to reserve seats together.

We now have a row of five seats, then two randoms, then one more of our group. All of us have the same surname and my son and I (whose addresses are the same on the memberships and whose payments come out of the one account at the same time each month) are the ones who are split up eight seats apart.

Technically. Fortunately the two randoms see good sense. But seriously, how poor is that?

And yeah, the oppo supporters getting seats within two rows behind us, and we’re in row L.

I used to really enjoy being able to book random seats the week before, even if it did cost me extra.