The Ben Cousins effect

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The Ben Cousins effect

Are we about to find out the true influence of Ben Cousins at Richmond and forever put behind us what was or wasn't an error of the board?

BM - Give you until 12pm to change your opinion.

Delicious.

Disclaimer - I don't blame BC, its just a terrific argument.

defacto
Club Player

Re: The Ben Cousins effect

will be interesting to see how he spins it. given the same events at east perth

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I couldn't help but think that either.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

What are you on? methinks you all watch Today Tonight a bit much. Daniel Connors and Dusty Martin are big boys with form going way back.
Zero to do with Ben Cousins FFS.

Although everyone likes a good gossip story I guess - keeps TT and ACA and the women's magazines going. Maybe you can sneak in something about Grant Hackett, Dani Minogue and Peter Andre in also?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Lol thread ...

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:What are you on? methinks you all watch Today Tonight a bit much. Daniel Connors and Dusty Martin are big boys with form going way back.
Zero to do with Ben Cousins FFS.

Although everyone likes a good gossip story I guess - keeps TT and ACA and the women's magazines going. Maybe you can sneak in something about Grant Hackett, Dani Minogue and Peter Andre in also?

:lol: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Not taking pleasure in the socialby unacceptable situation, but I think this quote from Mark Robinson describes it best:

"Clearly Martin, who held Ben Cousins as an idol and even visited him over the off-season, has been seduced by the lifestyle that tempts so many AFL footballers."

Maybe it should be added to the "Deledio Quote" thread?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Not taking pleasure in the socialby unacceptable situation, but I think this quote from Mark Robinson describes it best:

"Clearly Martin, who held Ben Cousins as an idol and even visited him over the off-season, has been seduced by the lifestyle that tempts so many AFL footballers."

cool. well next time i do something wrong can i blame ben cousins too?

Mark Robinson - oh puhleeeeeeease. Who on earth is he anyway? hardly an authority on anything. What a pile of tabloid crap.

defacto
Club Player

who was it again that was hospitalized for effects to a sleeping pill with red wine?

again what was the issue today with martin?

again who do the players still regularly speak to?

Buckets
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Spinner wrote:Not taking pleasure in the socialby unacceptable situation, but I think this quote from Mark Robinson describes it best:

cool. well next time i do something wrong can i blame ben cousins too?

Mark Robinson - oh puhleeeeeeease. Who on earth is he anyway? hardly an authority on anything. What a pile of tabloid crap.
Probably more of an authority than you...

Also wasn't BC involved in the Connors incident in 09 while they were up in Sydney???

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
defacto
Club Player

theres more to this story

you dont just sack a player for missing training by 1 hour after taking club prescribed sleeping pills

Buckets
SS Life Member

defacto wrote:theres more to this story

you dont just sack a player for missing training by 1 hour after taking club prescribed sleeping pills
But we the public will never find out unfortunately. Amazing that this hasn't really been touched on in the media, how does a bloke get sacked for sleeping in on training because of the sleeping pill the club doctor gave him.

Yet the AFLPA came out strongly when we sacked Lovett.......

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Give 'em time. It has only just happened.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

In February, I witnessed first hand how the Richmond boys, including Martin, party. I won't go into too much details but my wife and i were in a VIP section of a friends bar....I was stunned at how brazen they were about doing "things" that would get them on the front page of every newspaper in the country in full view of us. They are either amazingly stupid or just don't give a damn.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: They are either amazingly stupid or just don't give a damn.
a little bit of column a and a little bit of b.
just find it so funny how people want blame cuz (and how now they ban stillnox because hackett blames it to mask the fact he is just a plain knob.)
this whole notion of people being goody toe shoes and led astray just cracks me up. plenty of afl players getting up to mischief all the time and these 2 guys probably have form going back to their teens. to blame it on cuz is just laughable. Surely we stop putting these guys on pedestals once we are over the age of about 13? they are great at what they do but people also expecting super hero role models on top of that need to take a good hard look at themselves.

BUT back back to u maddog. sounds swish buddy! im more interested in this vip section of your mates bar! when am i getting in invitation?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Gotta say - I never wanted Cousins at our club, but I reckon we're drawing a longish bow to say that Cousins had some sort of influence over this type of behaviour. He left the club 2 years ago!

Who was responsible for Stanley, Jack, and Zac doing the same thing on last years pre-season trip? Someone has to be responsible. It surely couldn't be all the players involved fault.......could it?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dunno. But I cant wait to blame someone else this weekend if (when) I get on the booze :D :D :D

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Gotta say - I never wanted Cousins at our club, but I reckon we're drawing a longish bow to say that Cousins had some sort of influence over this type of behaviour. He left the club 2 years ago!

Who was responsible for Stanley, Jack, and Zac doing the same thing on last years pre-season trip? Someone has to be responsible. It surely couldn't be all the players involved fault.......could it?

It's not so much that people (or me) are blaming Ben Cousins - As per the OP disclaimer.

Its more to the claims by some that Ben Cousins was a success at Richmond because of his leadership and for being an outstanding mentor.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Three of my workmates are fine upstanding moralistic men, with stable families etc.
But when they have a few drinks, they do things that are so out of character....I refuse to socialize with them.
They're always sorry afterwards, but sorry means "jack" unless you cut out the drink.
Don't blame the grog, blame yourself for knowing what will happen,
yet you still go and have too many !

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Fair dinkum.... Are you in the last bit seriou, there's drawing a long bow and there's this....

He hasen't been there for two years, and he was the reason these two took a sleeping pill (as bad as that serious of fence is)...

Connors is a dick, that's why Be n smacked him in the mouth in. 2009.

Possibly the most ridiculous thread in quite some time. Perhaps we can blame Robert Harvey for the 3 idiots in 2011????

Every person is responsible for their own actions, to even blame someone else is pathetic.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Just as ridiculous as your Brett Delideo thread! You drew the long bow there, others have the right to do the same in this instance,

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Good point, I blame Robert Harvey for Lenny's shady behavior.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I blame Jack Steven. he lived with Eljay Conners who is Daniel's Brother and he told him the effect sleeping pills have on you.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Brett Delidio made a direct quote..... Was that not clear

when asked about Cousins.... He was absolutely glowing in his assessment.... Where exactly was a long bow

Why is it difficult to understand???
He went to Richmond, succeeded... I believe he would have anywhere because he was driven, can't prove that....

But it cannot be proved otherwise either, and in fact evidence supports my argument moreso....

The TWO things that irk me
1- posters trying to suggest he failed at Richmond
2- Posters having a go at me for my hypothetical belief, and debunk it with a hypothetical argument.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I blame Jack Steven. he lived with Eljay Conners who is Daniel's Brother and he told him the effect sleeping pills have on you.

Point well connected! And what about that errant next door neighbour dog? No discipline!