Game Thread.. Syd v Stk

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

Re: Game Thread.. Syd v Stk

Kicked ourselves out of the game, a very disappointing loss from the team.

noob
Club Player

We really didn't deserve to win.. they could have been about 8 goals up at half time and with mumford out only reason why we stayed in the contest.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
Thinline wrote:We mix it with the very best but drop games to s*** clubs along the way.

Richmond. Freo. Port.

Foot. Shoot. In. The.
and nothing will f****** change, I don't give a s*** that they are on top, we lost and another game pissed away

Do you want a tissue doodums?

Fair dinkum.

1 v 8.

So it proved.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
noreason41
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:2nd quarter was unforgivable - that's where we lost the game
Swans would say the same thing about the first quarter...

What about the first 10minutes of the last quarter?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Hannebery was their only mid that didn't kick a goal - Dal Santo was our only mid that did kick a goal

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

They put the foot down in the last. We had a dip but didn't get the job done. Full credit to them in the end. They did put play us even if the umpiring was terrible.

Anyway, have to regroup and beat the bulldogs next week. Looking forward to not travelling for the next six weeks.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Poor finish, and a crap effort by the midfield, regardless of trying to play catch up in the last quarter. I rememeber Lyon dropping NDS to the twos for his poor defensive game, but it looks like his defensive side has gone again. I think the whole midfield structure was bad today. We badly need a good tall defender and a ruck..Kosi should not be gifted games if that's the best he can do, and Gilbert looked like a paddock footballer out of form. Great effort by Simpkin and Milne today and the rest can go hang their heads.

saintbob
SS Life Member

PakenhamSaint wrote:Absloutly crap from St Kilda. Need to learn how to kick a bloody goal.
Need their captain to kick those crunch goals, or at least have some sort of positive influence on the game!!!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
PakenhamSaint wrote:Absloutly crap from St Kilda. Need to learn how to kick a bloody goal.
Need their captain to kick those crunch goals, or at least have some sort of positive influence on the game!!!!

Captain injured. Pathetic ball to him and Kosi.

Face it guys, we aren't up to the big boys.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Nice squib by gram there late in the last. Ends up in losing possession in a contested situation. Goal to sydney.

Farren Ray would have put his head over the ball.
Does it every game. Very unfair on Ray having to watch gram play like that. Also sends out the message that some players are allowed to be soft.
Drop him and send out a better message!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saintbob
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
saintbob wrote:

Captain injured. Pathetic ball to him and Kosi.

Face it guys, we aren't up to the big boys.
Well if he's injured leave him out, because insipid efforts like that are no good for the team or his own confidence.

Play Wilkes, Markworth or Dunnell and let them get some experience.

saintkid
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:
bigred wrote:Nice squib by gram there late in the last. Ends up in losing possession in a contested situation. Goal to sydney.

Does it every game. Very unfair on Ray having to watch gram play like that. Also sends out the message that some players are allowed to be soft.
Touche. Anyone whose up to it watch the replay and focus on Gram's efforts and attack on the ball like so many games before. So hard to take when you watch Simpkin on probably 1/10th of his money play his guts out in defence and put his body on the line. Need to find more guys like Simpkin if this club is going to move forward and piss off this softc*#k. Gram stands back, can't lay a tackle and can't win his own ball. This dud survives on cheap possesions.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
desertsaint wrote:

Touche. Anyone whose up to it watch the replay and focus on Gram's efforts and attack on the ball like so many games before. So hard to take when you watch Simpkin on probably 1/10th of his money play his guts out in defence and put his body on the line. Need to find more guys like Simpkin if this club is going to move forward and piss off this softc*#k. Gram stands back, can't lay a tackle and can't win his own ball. This dud survives on cheap possesions.

You really are clueless fool. I know who the softcock is. You.

Burkey 1
Club Player

I thought instead of Goddard forward Scotty msy have tried Simpkin down there, he can take a mark, is at least aggressive and has a go, would've been worth a try I reckon.

saintkid
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintkid wrote:

Another personal attack from a bloke who is such an armchair expert. :lol: Great form again but not surprised. I threw out my "plugger66" bait once again and you swallowed it whole like in the past. Why don't you attack other posters here that have criticized Gram....there are plenty but you save yourself for me because I have the balls to call it as it is. Gram is going nowhere and is a waste of a senior spot and costing the club a small fortune because of his 2009 GF performance, which was 3 years ago. Like I said before he would not make first 22 in any of the teams in the top four or in the eight for that matter. You must have an "old man" crush on Gram as you seem to never see his regular "squibbing" as others have called it.
Keep typing away in your precious glasshouse existence.....it obviously makes you feel important somehow in your own mind.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintkid wrote:

Another personal attack from a bloke who is such an armchair expert. :lol: Great form again but not surprised. I threw out my "plugger66' bait once again and you swallowed it whole like in the past. Why don't you attack other posters here that have criticized Gram....there are plenty but you save yourself for me because I have the balls to call it as it is. Gram is going nowhere and is a waste of a senior spot and costing the club a small fortune because of his 2009 GF performance, which was 3 years ago. Like I said before he would not make first 22 in any of the teams in the top four or in the eight for that matter. You must have an "old man" crush on Gram as you seem to never see his regular "squibbing" as others have called it.
Keep typing away in your precious glasshouse existence.....it obviuosly makes you feel important somehow in your own mind.

Nothing to do with bait. You are a gutless internet fool. It is ok to say Gram cant play but only d**khead would call a Saints player a softcock. Now lets see how much courage you have when you go to a game and yell out softcock all the time to Gram. And nothing to do with a crush. I just dont say my team has a softcock playing for them. Now please go away. You are spoiling my dinner.

saintkid
Club Player

Really I spoilt your dinner?? Poor old Plugger. No mate I'm not a gutless internet fool. There are plenty of "dickheads' then at the games as Gram has been called a 'softcock' and a 'squib' and a 'fairy' a number of times in games I have attended. It does happen just like Fiora was called "Fiona" at many games I attended, so there are plenty of "courageous" supporters ou there as you put it.
To be successful today you need to make hard calls when needed. The Pies did it well and turned over those players that were treading water or in the twilight of their careers and they built a list that won a flag and will be challenging this year. Hawks are on the right track too of the Melbourne clubs challenging this year. We are NOT going to challenge this year and players like Gram and Kosi and a couple of others are not going to help St.Kilda challenge again. They need to make way for some new young talent now.
I enjoy this forum for the thoughts and opinions of fellow supporters but I don't live and breathe it like you do in your obsession for self importance (it shows in your 26,500 posts!). Remember, opinions are like ars#holes......everyone has one. No need to attack people like you do. I certainly don't live on the net like yourself.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:Really I spoilt your dinner?? Poor old Plugger. No mate I'm not a gutless internet fool. There are plenty of "dickheads' then at the games as Gram has been called a 'softcock' and a 'squib' and a 'fairy' a number of times in games I have attended. It does happen just like Fiora was called "Fiona" at many games I attended, so there are plenty of "courageous" supporters ou there as you put it.
To be successful today you need to make hard calls when needed. The Pies did it well and turned over those players that were treading water or in the twilight of their careers and they built a list that won a flag and will be challenging this year. Hawks are on the right track too of the Melbourne clubs challenging this year. We are NOT going to challenge this year and players like Gram and Kosi and a couple of others are not going to help St.Kilda challenge again. They need to make way for some new young talent now.
I enjoy this forum for the thoughts and opinions of fellow supporters but I don't live and breathe it like you do in your obsession for self importance (it shows in your 26,500 posts!). Remember, opinions are like ars#holes......everyone has one. No need to attack people like you do. I certainly don't live on the net like yourself.

Have no idea what my post count has to do with a softcock like yourself speaking about Gram. And only successful sides would win a flag if they called their players softcocks. Have your opinion but dont call 10 year Saints players softcocks.Now find your dad and get him to explain what all this means.

defacto
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintkid wrote:Really I spoilt your dinner?? Poor old Plugger. No mate I'm not a gutless internet fool. There are plenty of "dickheads' then at the games as Gram has been called a 'softcock' and a 'squib' and a 'fairy' a number of times in games I have attended. It does happen just like Fiora was called "Fiona" at many games I attended, so there are plenty of "courageous" supporters ou there as you put it.

Have no idea what my post count has to do with a softcock like yourself speaking about Gram. And only successful sides would win a flag if they called their players softcocks. Have your opinion but dont call 10 year Saints players softcocks.Now find your dad and get him to explain what all this means.
10 year saints player? WTF are you smoking. he debuted in 2004 for us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Sorry 9 years. I will hang my head in shame as you should to for your lck of footy knowledge.

defacto
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Have no idea what my post count has to do with a softcock like yourself speaking about Gram. And only successful sides would win a flag if they called their players softcocks. Have your opinion but dont call 10 year Saints players softcocks.Now find your dad and get him to explain what all this means.
Sorry 9 years. I will hang my head in shame as you should to for your lck of footy knowledge.
no probs. easily forgiven. just need to pay attention to the detail mate, like actually watching grams game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:
no probs. easily forgiven. just need to pay attention to the detail mate, like actually watching grams game.

Just a simple question for a simple person. Why isnt Gram dropped?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Just a simple question for a simple person. Why isnt Gram dropped?
Supporters being happy with mediocrity, individualism, not demanding success?

Did I win?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Just a simple question for a simple person. Why isnt Gram dropped?
Supporters being happy with mediocrity, individualism, not demanding success?

Did I win?

You did if supporters pick the side. I seriously think some people think that the way they get upset if a person says a player shouldnt be dropped.

saintkid
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

26592 posts and so many based on pure dribble. I find it pathetic you have attacked me on several occasons only because I have a different opinion to you. Again you call me a 'softcock"? Is that the best a narrow minded old man like yourself can do?

I am partly annoyed at myself for even bothering to respond to you on this occasion but as you brought up my father again, I will say this: I don't need to ask him on this one as he thinks the same way as I do on Gram. He isn't computer literate as I have said in the past but is an 'old school' very successful businessman (you may even know of him :) ) who is well versed in what it takes to be a winner in a chosen field. There are plenty of inspiring St.Kilda players in the past and present he has admired......Gram "ain't" one of them and never will be.