We needed to win that one !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

taz
Club Player

We needed to win that one !

That was the game we really needed to win to keep our finals chances alive and make up for those soft losses earlier in the year. I got the impression watching the players and Watters today that they had the same view. The effort was there but when the loss was apparent the shoulders where a little lower than usual.

The more likely outcomes in the games ahead involving the other teams around us on the ladder suggests we may lift to 9th or drop away to 11th or 12th .....I suspect we will finish the season where we are now 10th!...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: We needed to win that one !

taz
Club Player

"Watter's upbeat"...I would expect nothing less. He presents as positive and emotionally mature......the opposite of me during after a loss. I'm more akin to Clarkson :shock:

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

We'll need to win 5/6 to make it. We should go in as favourites in 4 games but we'll need to beat the Pies or Cats as well.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:We'll need to win 5/6 to make it. We should go in as favourites in 4 games but we'll need to beat the Pies or Cats as well.
agree and that would give us 13 wins...I can't see the point if we can't win 5/6 anyway.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

taz wrote:That was the game we really needed to win to keep our finals chances alive ...

No, while it would have been nice it is the Cats are Blues matches that are vital. 8 pointers!!!

We have to win all games from now on apart from the Pies. If we do that we will make it.

If we can knock of the Pies it would be nice too.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....