changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Re: changes for next week

andrewg wrote:Who cares
Some do, but I don't.

Go on holiday folks. Half the team did tonight.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Tough call on how to pick teams for the next two weeks. Kosi doesn't deserve a spot on form but he and Wilkes are the only two available tall forwards on the list. Steven should be dropped after that terrible performance but we might as well play him with a complete focus on getting his disposal right. Blake will have to come in to give McEvoy a chop out. I'd like to see some kids in but I'm not sure who you drop. Gwilt is out of touch and that will only return with more matches.

My guess is

Out: Stanley (inj), Ray
In: Blake, Siposs

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Frankly it depends on results tomorrow. If Richmond can produce an upset at Subi and the Blues knock off Essendon we'll still be a reasonable shot. The chances of this would be relatively remote though. I wouldn't be gifting games, the kids should have to earn it to some extent.

Newnes, Markworth and Dunell all look deserving though, perhaps Milera, Siposs and Ledger too.

As ridiculous as it sounds, with Stanley and Roo out, if we are still in the hunt Kosi has to play.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't sound good with Stanley, had the green whistle after the game.

Have to say as well, how brave is Lonergan, considering he has one kidney...underated defender that guy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Maybe one or two changes next week. Can anyone tell me the benefit of one or two games at the end of the year apart from money?

Richter
SS Life Member

Out: Kosi, Stanley, Ray, Lenny, Cripps
In: Sippos, Blake, Markworth, Newnes, Dunell

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Richter
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Maybe one or two changes next week. Can anyone tell me the benefit of one or two games at the end of the year apart from money?
Experience.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Maybe one or two changes next week. Can anyone tell me the benefit of one or two games at the end of the year apart from money?
Experience.

I get that but does it help in the slightest over a career?

older saint
SS Life Member

RAy did a good job on Bartel all night. I know he turned it over twice in last quarter but not robinson Curuso there - Fisher , Steven, Dal Santo ... the list goes on.

I think some just automatically type the same names everytime changes are mentioned

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

From what I heard on the radio after the game, it is doubtful kosi would play next week regardless. His ankle was heavily iced and he was limoing badly on it.
Wouldn't surprise me if he retires, because he looks and is playing like someone whose body just can't do it any more for a full season.
Real pity because his first season when he won the Rising Star award and looked like he was going to be an out and out champion, then due poor on field management, his body was wrecked and he has never fulfilled his true potential.
But he's out next week, ledger or Ross for Steven's. Sipposs definetelty in.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:From what I heard on the radio after the game, it is doubtful kosi would play next week regardless. His ankle was heavily iced and he was limoing badly on it.
Wouldn't surprise me if he retires, because he looks and is playing like someone whose body just can't do it any more for a full season.
Real pity because his first season when he won the Rising Star award and looked like he was going to be an out and out champion, then due poor on field management, his body was wrecked and he has never fulfilled his true potential.

Why the hell would jack be dropped. I think it is hilarious that anyone would think this would happen. The worst part is a few do. Not even one 1% chance of being dropped.

saint6709
Club Player

The best thing the club can do is announce a major injury to Kosi - let him step out with dignity "has been playing under duress since......" then he retires or if anyone at gws or somewhere would give us their last pick in the rookie draft or a years supply of linament oil for our first 18 then take the swap

taz
Club Player

...rest ALL the senior players and play ALL of our kids against GWS to get a measure on our kids potential. I know it won't happen because we would be accused of tanking. I just hope we don't go out and thump GWS by 10+ goals next week and crow about it.

noob
Club Player

Little Dozer wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:out
kosi, cannot tell you how disappointed by him tonight, this was his time and pfft
steven if jones can't get a game because of disposal then bye bye jack
gwilt.. has not come back from injury in any form
You really expected Kosi to produce something? This was his time? That is comedy gold. The amount of deluded supporters we have is staggering.
I agree. Players one good game every 2 years. Think giving the experience to players last 2 games will give them the hunger to have a starting spot for next year.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:From what I heard on the radio after the game, it is doubtful kosi would play next week regardless. His ankle was heavily iced and he was limoing badly on it.

Why the hell would jack be dropped. I think it is hilarious that anyone would think this would happen. The worst part is a few do. Not even one 1% chance of being dropped.
Maybe because we watch the games.

Yes Jack had a great start to the year, but his last few weeks terrible, error prone and has lost the first touch and go that he he is great at

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
lefty
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:
Lets face it I could get 21 mates from work togther and give GWS a run for their money so lets give our youth a shot.

BANG BANG
Why would you even say that? No you couldn't just get 21 mates from work and expect to win. I agree with playing some of the young guys, but if you think all GWS players cannot play, well... meh

Those that though Ray played s*** are kidding themselves. I thought he was pretty good. I thought our midfield let us down along with McEvoy who is 2nd last for tapouts to advantage.
Last edited by lefty on Sat 18 Aug 2012 11:25am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Maybe because we watch the games.

Yes Jack had a great start to the year, but his last few weeks terrible, error prone and has lost the first touch and go that he he is great at

He still no hope of being dropped. By the way he was one our better players just one week ago. He has about 10 guys in front of him to be dropped. Dont think we will make 11 changes. By the way I watch the games as well.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:Dunell deserves a full game imo
he had one last week. spent half of it on a back flank against a poor side and still only had 5 kicks for the day. he'll be a good player but i think five games this year has shown us where he is - not there yet.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Make Gram captain if Roo doesn't make it.. at least he had a real go for four quarters unlike a lot of his mates. Play the young guys, Dunnell, Siposs, Ledger and drop the past.
Gramy was excellent and so was Schneids.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Jack has actually appears to mentally struggle since being disciplined.

His effort is still up, but his self belief (IMO) has taken a hammering.

I reckon he needs a cuddle, not an ommission.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Jack has actually appears to mentally struggle since being disciplined.

plus one

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

SainterK wrote:Jack has actually appears to mentally struggle since being disciplined.

Maybe Teffers could arrange that Mrs Steven...? :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I dont know what to make of the latest news on Rhys Stanley. It is good news, but I still cant work out whether he will be available to play or not. He will need the 8 day break anyway.
For mine, the players who should come back next week are Sipposs, Dunell, Newnes, and I would like to see Markwell given a go.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

P66, with two games to go, Jack probably wont be dropped, in fact playing against GWS may give him the chance to regain some touch.
Unfortunately, Jack's spending the ball before he get's it, hence why he has the fumbles.
I want him to succeed like any other player who puts on a Saints guernsey.
Sipposs should come in, Markworth, good game this week to give him his first taste.
If Roo is right, you wont be able to keep him out of the team.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Outs: - Kosi, Stanley(when will this bloke have some luck)

Ins: - Sipposs, markworth