Daniel Archer - yes or no

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Daniel Archer - yes or no

saint6709 wrote:If he doesn't play this week - he may be in trouble - I think he will play this week - for the Saints before you ask
He's a rookie so can't play this week, end of story.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
saint6709 wrote:If he doesn't play this week - he may be in trouble - I think he will play this week - for the Saints before you ask
LTI list for Rhys or Nick?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

vacuous space wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I think a high pick on a tall defender is a waste of high a pick.
Why? Almost every team in the eight has a first round KPD in their backline. Sydney gave up a first and a third for Richards, Hawthorn has Gilham (a Port first) and Schoenmakers, Adelaide has Talia, Collingwood Brown and Reid, West Coast Glass, Geelong Taylor and Freo McPharlin.

An elite tall stopper is far more rare than a 20-touch grunt mid. I'd have no problem with the club deciding to take Tanner Smith with our top pick if he's deemed to be worthy of it.
I agree - the saints needed to draft a monster fullforward and full back two years ago...
and the hole in the list is still there, but now we are two years of development behind
I WOULD do anything to trade for out of contract ben reid as an immediate fix, cant see him wanting to leave the pies and coming to the saints but we need someone like him NOW
the monster full forward is a huge problem. If Kosi has been awarded games for the last two years on nothing more than "who else have we got" (or the other one "team structure') and in the meantime we have not been blooding the replacement, then we are screwed.
Oops wait, I think we are screwed. ALL our goal kicking power is on the wrong side of 30, and some people seem to think Goddard wont leave due to GF window opportunity & unfinished business.
If Kosi didnt get the tap on the shoulder after last friday night, then Archer gets two games to prove himself

Seeya
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
LTI list for Rhys or Nick?
Still won't play this year, not good enough.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
dalboy
Club Player

No...nuff said

Happiness is a warm pie!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:I agree - the saints needed to draft a monster fullforward and full back two years ago...
Which is why anybody is even mentioning Archer. There's such a massive gap in our bigs. Up front we've got Roo and then next is either Kosi, Wilkes or Stanley, who aren't much of anything. Then it probably is Archer, which is scary. In the ruck we've got Ben, who's great around the ground but can't ruck and Stanley, who's more athlete than footballer. We're rucking guys like Gilbert and Wilkes over Kosi, so he doesn't even rate a mention.

I reckon we've got to bring in at least one mature player at both ruck and key forward. Get them out of the b-tier if we have to, but get somebody, even if it's just another Wilkes and a stop-gap ruck. Defence is a little more complicated because we have a ton of players who can play the position. What we need is an AA calibre player who can shut down the likes of Buddy, Riewoldt, Petrie, etc. Unless we can pry Reid out of Collingwood or someone like that, we're going to have to grow our own. It would be nice to go back in the time machine and take Trengove over Lynch, but that can't happen.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:Unless we can pry Reid out of Collingwood or someone like that, we're going to have to grow our own. It would be nice to go back in the time machine and take Trengove over Lynch, but that can't happen.
Signed and sealed with the Pies.

The KPP list shortens.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Archer = list clogger.

Will never be athletic enough to make any impact at AFL level.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Yes.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!