Malthouse, Goddard and Cloke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Malthouse, Goddard and Cloke

Don't forget that we can always match any offer & then enter trade talks with the club that wants him. That is the only way that we could manufacture a better deal if Freo wants BJ & is determined to get him. They won't want to give up Zac Clarke though.... Sandi is on his last legs (or oversized clown feet to be exact)

If he wants to go & we match the offer it reverts back to the traditional trade or enter the draft situation.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:Don't forget that we can always match any offer & then enter trade talks with the club that wants him. That is the only way that we could manufacture a better deal if Freo wants BJ & is determined to get him. They won't want to give up Zac Clarke though.... Sandi is on his last legs (or oversized clown feet to be exact)

If he wants to go & we match the offer it reverts back to the traditional trade or enter the draft situation.
Just hope we are smart enough to this!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Thing is he's a chance at a flag with Freo.

They have THAT coach, the Melb monkey off the back and a fine, even list.

Goddard's a chance to go there for more money and play out his last five almost certainly in the upper echelons of the ladder.

He'll get maybe - MAYBE - one more shot at the prize at St K you'd reckon and more than likely on less money.

I hate this time of year.
I reckon he'll get maybe - MAYBE - one shot at it at Freo.

Pav, McPharlin and Sandilands are 30+

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Goddard's a chance to go there for more money and play out his last five almost certainly in the upper echelons of the ladder.

He'll get maybe - MAYBE - one more shot at the prize at St K you'd reckon and more than likely on less money.

If they are in trouble then we may as well shut our club down. They have a very good young list who are now starting to get up to 50 games. They also now have an excellent coach who can make ordinary players work because of a game style that can suit those type of players.

westy
Club Player

There is something that hasn't been mentioned as far as I can tell and that is the desire for a bloke to play at a club where he likes his fellow players and administration. I imagine that winning the premiership is an aim that most players would have, but to be able to go to work every day and enjoy it most of the timewould have to count for something. I think BJ has more integrity to wind up at Carlton. I can't see what could possibly attract him to Fremantle, the town is full of hippies and other alternative weirdo geezers. Freo won't be training at Subiaco Oval or Fremantle oval or whatever for long eityher because there is talk of them moving to lovely downtown Cockburn or Spearwood. Not good places to park your shiny new hotrod Mercedes.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i blame the scum press for ratten's demise......

i know some of you creeps post on here too..

tell me this......now you have succeeded in having ratten fired, who is going to be your next target..

you pricks are never happy unless you have at least one target in your gun-sights..

.you disgust me.....you really do...how do you sleep at night???
Do you seriously believe that? :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fat Ed this morning said a couple interesting things....firstly that malthouse and cloke don't like each other at all, and secondly that there is no way that the blues could squeeze him in...and if they do he will want it very carefully examined.

I have no doubt that they would want BJ more than cloke.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Fat Ed this morning said a couple interesting things....firstly that malthouse and cloke don't like each other at all, and secondly that there is no way that the blues could squeeze him in...and if they do he will want it very carefully examined.

They have said they arent interested in BJ.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:Fat Ed this morning said a couple interesting things....firstly that malthouse and cloke don't like each other at all, and secondly that there is no way that the blues could squeeze him in...and if they do he will want it very carefully examined.

They have said they arent interested in BJ.
They've also said they ABSOLUTELY HAVEN'T canvassed Malthouse for the coaching role.

Ergo, I believe not a peep.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Ball went to the skunks, something that still irks me ...If BJ went to the cheats then it would just about finish me off.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

and going to FRemantle would be better?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

If they are in trouble then we may as well shut our club down. They have a very good young list who are now starting to get up to 50 games. They also now have an excellent coach who can make ordinary players work because of a game style that can suit those type of players.
They have good youth but they ain't able to replace a Pav or Sandilands - these guys even at their age are still elite

the only guy we have in that category is Hayes... Roo is still good but clearly in decline and way down... Pavlich is leading the coleman I believe

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

They have good youth but they ain't able to replace a Pav or Sandilands - these guys even at their age are still elite

the only guy we have in that category is Hayes... Roo is still good but clearly in decline and way down... Pavlich is leading the coleman I believe
Sorry but I thought Chips, Dal and Joey were pretty important to us and havent we got a guy called Milne as well. And as you pointed out dont think Pav is in to much decline.

rexy
SS Life Member

Chance of a flag if he stays with us too, nearly every club in the league is a "chance" in next 5 seasons!

Look at quick turn arounds from Adelaide and WC

Maybe this year?
ace
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:if the scum can afford Judd, Murphy, Cloke, and BJ, then the rest of their list must be making rookie wages...

no chance of them getting both, either way, its going to be an expensive year for the Blues....

Carlton can't afford Judd but Visy can.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA