Saints official delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints official delistings

noddy04 wrote:
Fidelis wrote:Am I right in thinking that we re-signed Polo and Peake at the expense of Dawson at the end of last year? If so, significant list management error.
Yeah because Dawson was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo f ucking good for us and was outstanding at Freo this year. Why do people think this guy is any good. Hes a DUD just ask A Rocca.
He's had one bag kicked on him in his entire career, when he absolutely sent to the wolves by playing on Rocca in one of his first few games, pretty thin argument, one poor match on a player twice his size.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:
Fidelis wrote:Am I right in thinking that we re-signed Polo and Peake at the expense of Dawson at the end of last year? If so, significant list management error.
it all happened around the same time- when Dawson returned from overseas and didn't like his options....
so I would maybe think he said no so they were re signed.
Wait a sec, Dawson could have been asking for the same amount as both of those players combined, and for the next 4 years. As much as a tall defender would have helped this year, paying overs for extended periods for a player who wanted out is not what I call poor list management. Foolish to make statements like that without all information.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:
Yeah because Dawson was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo f ucking good for us and was outstanding at Freo this year. Why do people think this guy is any good. Hes a DUD just ask A Rocca.
Rubbish. Awarded Saints player of the finals in 2010. Played a vg prelim in 2009. Hardly go any bags kicked on him and he was exactly what we lacked this year. He's far from a dud.

God, the idiots come out this time of year.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
skeptic wrote:
trojansaint wrote:C'mon Clarke *fingers crossed....
poor form

yes barracking for someone to get delisted :roll:

It will probably happen but to cheer for it is s.hit.

A bit like people who stood up and cheered when Kosi was subbed the other week. the guy might be past it, and was having a mare, but to treat a Saints player like s.hit shows you aren't a real supporter of the club, just some infantile child who demands things of others that they could never do themselves.

Pull you head in.
nailed it JB

I found McQualter, and Jones to be extremely frustrating players that I would not have persevered with

that being said I wanted them to prove me wrong

I've always been a big Raph fan but my confidence in him has waivered a bit ----- that being said, I won't get any joy from him being cut.

IMO it's in the best interests of the club to trade BJ ---- still want him to be a 1 club player

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't be surprised if a club picks up Clarke as a FA which would mean we would get a minimum 3rd round pick for him. I hope another club picks him to give him another chance cos I doubt he will remain on our list when all our list cutting is completed.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think his position is dependent on BJ's

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Someone like Clarke would be available at pick 100, why bother with FA and theoretically give us a pick before your lower picks in the draft (looking at it from an opposition clubs pov)

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
a truly bonding moment? :wink:
I really liked it. :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Well good on those players. Thanks for their service.
Too the people saying Dawson was a dud, yeah, great work. Far from a dud. Watch his game, did plenty of great work. Held him self in good standing and stood up in the finals as well. Would of been useful this year. But oh well, you make up your own judgements.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
stkfc1
Club Player

Can we delist this clown?

Bayside Nick
Club Player

Dawson has been nothing but a dud at Freo or at the Saints. He is better gone in my opinion. Every game the ABC and SEN commentators sum the game up in disbelief that he keeps getting games.

Middo
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if a club picks up Clarke as a FA which would mean we would get a minimum 3rd round pick for him. I hope another club picks him to give him another chance cos I doubt he will remain on our list when all our list cutting is completed.

Sad to say but reckon he will be back in NT or SA playing footy ...... If he couldn't nail a spot in our team not gunna make it with any others as most of the clubs are after younger players not blokes who have been on lists for 8 or 9 years ..?

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Bayside Nick wrote:Dawson has been nothing but a dud at Freo or at the Saints. He is better gone in my opinion. Every game the ABC and SEN commentators sum the game up in disbelief that he keeps getting games.
Then why does he get a game? I liked Dawsons role in Lyons game plan dont think hed go as well without numbers back in defence to help out.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
noddy04
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
noddy04 wrote:
Rubbish. Awarded Saints player of the finals in 2010. Played a vg prelim in 2009. Hardly go any bags kicked on him and he was exactly what we lacked this year. He's far from a dud.

God, the idiots come out this time of year.
IMHO he is and always has been a dud whether for hawks saints or freo.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

he ain't no dud

may not have been a world beater but losing him for free has hurt us and that signifies that he wasn't a dud

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

if you want to read some really positive and loyal comments try the club facebook thread regarding these delistings.

as I've said before there are those who take more joy in the misfortunes of the club and players than actual success

they are not suppporters that I want to know

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
noddy04
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:if you want to read some really positive and loyal comments try the club facebook thread regarding these delistings.

as I've said before there are those who take more joy in the misfortunes of the club and players than actual success

+1TSR.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:if you want to read some really positive and loyal comments try the club facebook thread regarding these delistings.

Totally agree terry.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Love for Clarke to stay on the list. Yes he makes a mistake here and there but his effort and courage can never be questioned. His attack on the ball in the air is first rate. He seems like the sort of player that puts his club and team mates first.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SideshowMilne
Club Player

Why didn't you just make a 24th post about Newnes, rather than post that s**t. SS and StKFC a better place without flogs like this.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to see all those guys go. I held high hopes for Crock he bolted early in the NAB last year looked the pick of the kids with his beautiful left foot kicking. Arch looked like he might be a big pack crashing forward too. Peake had a great year last year and a really good Sandy season this year. Shame he didn't get the most out of his talent.

As for Dawson, he was a good closer, had long arms and kept the talls honest, Freo have the kind of stingy defence we had and are peaking at the right time. Don't whinge when Zac is waltzing around with a medallion before Hayes and Rooey.

Clarke is a quality guy and has played some great games for us have some respect he's still on our list FFS.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Medal from WAFL?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Sorry to see all those guys go. I held high hopes for Crock he bolted early in the NAB last year looked the pick of the kids with his beautiful left foot kicking. Arch looked like he might be a big pack crashing forward too. Peake had a great year last year and a really good Sandy season this year. Shame he didn't get the most out of his talent.

As for Dawson, he was a good closer, had long arms and kept the talls honest, Freo have the kind of stingy defence we had and are peaking at the right time. Don't whinge when Zac is waltzing around with a medallion before Hayes and Rooey.

Clarke is a quality guy and has played some great games for us have some respect he's still on our list FFS.
Forgot Polo, also a guy who's talent seemed hampered by his lack of development at the Tigers, worked his arse off this season and can go down saying he put in the effort.

well done all those guys thanks for your service and good luck where ever you go next in life.

james rose
Club Player

Hi Guys,

Every now and then I post something about my site and get yelled at by a few of you but for those interested my site has an updated list of every clubs retirements and delistings- it will be updated daily.

http://bit.ly/SjukVh

Cheers (I might not read this thread again for fear of trolls)

rexy
SS Life Member

Polo was always a questionable selection and Peake let down by one sidedness! Both new how to find it at stages though. Not good for them but shows clear intention to improve average skill level of list. Always been a Raph fan, not sure on where I sit on him going around agin? If he is courted by another club we may let him go ala Goose and X, if not I would think we will consider retaining him for another year.

Maybe this year?