Saints official delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints official delistings

Bayside Nick wrote:Dawson has been nothing but a dud at Freo or at the Saints. He is better gone in my opinion. Every game the ABC and SEN commentators sum the game up in disbelief that he keeps getting games.

The 1950s called. They want their radio back.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
trojansaint wrote:C'mon Clarke *fingers crossed....
poor form

Agree - s*** post trojan

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thanks and good luck.

BTW, we don't have much luck with our sponsored players. :|

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:I'm surprised Clarke wasn't on the immediate list, what's his contract like? Just can't see him being at the club next season. I'm not going out of my way to be a Clarke basher... I just think it's time the club and Raph went different ways....

They will wait for the free agency time for Clarke to see if there are any takers IMO.
Surely no one would take him

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Peake was a passable ROI, trade for pick 48 (Jesse Crichton who is only fringe at Freo after 3 years). Peake was good at times in 2010 and particularly 2011.
Polo we paid next to nothing for (pick 95 or so) so a good selection for mine. Did his bit in 2011.
Crocker a waste, plenty of talent below him, Fasolo taken 2 picks later. Too small, kick was all he had going for him.
Archer was a speculative pick who briefly tantalised early last year but never really got going.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Agree both Polo and Peake were very servicable depth players....when Lenny was out Polo really stepped up and had some good games, a very gutsy player with good hand skills (if not foot skills)...and Peakey had a stellar 2011 and was one of the reasons we made finals that year after terrible start.............best wishes to both those blokes.

Nee!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:I'm surprised Clarke wasn't on the immediate list, what's his contract like? Just can't see him being at the club next season. I'm not going out of my way to be a Clarke basher... I just think it's time the club and Raph went different ways....

They will wait for the free agency time for Clarke to see if there are any takers IMO.
If a team has to give up a third round pick in FA for Clarke then no. He may go for about pick 80 to a development club though during the normal trade period IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Only very good middle size players will remain on the list, as Watters will be making talls a priority IMO

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If a team has to give up a third round pick in FA for Clarke then no. He may go for about pick 80 to a development club though during the normal trade period IMO.

Sp you need to read up on free agency. A team doesnt give up anything.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I see a bit of irony that Peake was traded out of Freo, Ross got the best out of him, a year after Ross goes to Freo Peake is delisted.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

NO player ever drafts or recruits himself to a club. It's the club that dictates who is on our list.

For me it's a sad time when players depart but it is a necessity. 

As long as the player does the right thing by the club, and applies himself in trying to do as well as he can, that's all I ask. If they're not up to it then so be it. I'll never bag a player for simply not having enough ability to become a regular senior AFL player.

With the players announced so far I too thank them for being part of our wonderful club and wish them nothing but success in their footy and in their lives in general. :)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Sorry to see all those guys go. I held high hopes for Crock he bolted early in the NAB last year looked the pick of the kids with his beautiful left foot kicking. Arch looked like he might be a big pack crashing forward too. Peake had a great year last year and a really good Sandy season this year. Shame he didn't get the most out of his talent.

As for Dawson, he was a good closer, had long arms and kept the talls honest, Freo have the kind of stingy defence we had and are peaking at the right time. Don't whinge when Zac is waltzing around with a medallion before Hayes and Rooey.

Clarke is a quality guy and has played some great games for us have some respect he's still on our list FFS.

Crocker "a big crash packing forward"? Have you seen him in real life? He's very slight.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Peake was a passable ROI, trade for pick 48 (Jesse Crichton who is only fringe at Freo after 3 years). Peake was good at times in 2010 and particularly 2011.
Polo we paid next to nothing for (pick 95 or so) so a good selection for mine. Did his bit in 2011.
Crocker a waste, plenty of talent below him, Fasolo taken 2 picks later. Too small, kick was all he had going for him.
Archer was a speculative pick who briefly tantalised early last year but never really got going.
I'd go as far to say that if Peake had a half decent GF he would have been a ripping pick up. He was basically innefective in both GF but did play two fairly good finals before that.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:I see a bit of irony that Peake was traded out of Freo, Ross got the best out of him, a year after Ross goes to Freo Peake is delisted.
I thought it was ironic that as soon as people started talking about how well he was playing, it was all down hill.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Saintpav, read your posts properly. He said, "Arch looked like he might be a big pack crashing....."

Richter
SS Life Member

james rose wrote:Hi Guys,

Every now and then I post something about my site and get yelled at by a few of you but for those interested my site has an updated list of every clubs retirements and delistings- it will be updated daily.

http://bit.ly/SjukVh

Cheers (I might not read this thread again for fear of trolls)
@#$% James! Wotchu doing posting your website details on SS...?

:wink:

Kidding! Link appreciated mate.

:D

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Peake was a passable ROI, trade for pick 48 (Jesse Crichton who is only fringe at Freo after 3 years). Peake was good at times in 2010 and particularly 2011.
I'd go as far to say that if Peake had a half decent GF he would have been a ripping pick up. He was basically innefective in both GF but did play two fairly good finals before that.
The big positives for blokes like Peake and Jones in the Lyon era was that the team was very one paced. Not slow, but nothing outstanding. Both added a bit of pace to a team sorely lacking in it.

We now have a fair deal of pace especially up forward, Saad, Milera, Stanley come to mind. In the mids Steven and Sipposs, Newnes,Cripps, etc aren't exactly electrifying, but have a bit of toe.

The positives of spped for Peake and Jones are now outweighed by their negatives (poor disposal and in peakes case a lack of physicality).

I am dissapointed for Crocker. Archer never quite measured up, and Polo tried hard but well he was never going to be a world beater.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Saintpav, read your posts properly. He said, "Arch looked like he might be a big pack crashing....."
thanks. not a lot to do in Wodonga Barry?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

No, not really. Boring at the moment is'nt it!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

can i come on every fortnight and add nothing to the conversation and plug my website instead of having it in my signature and joining in on the convo???

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

joffaboy wrote:The big positives for blokes like Peake and Jones in the Lyon era was that the team was very one paced. Not slow, but nothing outstanding. Both added a bit of pace to a team sorely lacking in it.

We now have a fair deal of pace especially up forward, Saad, Milera, Stanley come to mind. In the mids Steven and Sipposs, Newnes,Cripps, etc aren't exactly electrifying, but have a bit of toe.

The positives of spped for Peake and Jones are now outweighed by their negatives (poor disposal and in peakes case a lack of physicality).

I am dissapointed for Crocker. Archer never quite measured up, and Polo tried hard but well he was never going to be a world beater.
I agree with you on the pace of saints under Lyon, the game plan was all about guarding grass and 25mt kicks, very little emphasis on skill or speed.
However in the rush to catch up with the competition we cant afford to drop Jones, we simply do not have the depth or class level of midfielders to be short a tagger. Jones had some huge upside, he had endurance & pace, he was also a clean tagger, ok he cant kick BUT his disposal by hand is virtually 100%. Without Clint Jones in the side you get the wasteful situation like last week against the blues NDS is forced to do a tagging role.

Seeya
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I heard from a rather innocuous source that the GC Suns may have been interested in R Clarke as a potential forward.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
gringo wrote:Sorry to see all those guys go. I held high hopes for Crock he bolted early in the NAB last year looked the pick of the kids with his beautiful left foot kicking. Arch looked like he might be a big pack crashing forward too. Peake had a great year last year and a really good Sandy season this year. Shame he didn't get the most out of his talent.

As for Dawson, he was a good closer, had long arms and kept the talls honest, Freo have the kind of stingy defence we had and are peaking at the right time. Don't whinge when Zac is waltzing around with a medallion before Hayes and Rooey.

Clarke is a quality guy and has played some great games for us have some respect he's still on our list FFS.

Crocker "a big crash packing forward"? Have you seen him in real life? He's very slight.

That would be Archer not Crocker if you read on.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I don't care who gets their marching orders.....

I'm sure those that do go did their best to help the club........

But...the club needs to keep improving... i support any decision THE CLUB makes....

Unless it's ridiculous.....even so, the decision will happen anyway......

Very intriguing this time of year...it's all there is of interest....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Austinnn
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
trojansaint wrote:C'mon Clarke *fingers crossed....

yes barracking for someone to get delisted :roll:

It will probably happen but to cheer for it is s.hit.

A bit like people who stood up and cheered when Kosi was subbed the other week. the guy might be past it, and was having a mare, but to treat a Saints player like s.hit shows you aren't a real supporter of the club, just some infantile child who demands things of others that they could never do themselves.

Pull you head in.
+2
+3

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone