Should we pursue the "good" Tom Lynch?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Should we pursue the "good" Tom Lynch?

I know he's already contracted and the Suns will want to hang onto him, but should we at least make an inquiry about Tom Lynch? A Victorian, 200 cm, 91 kg, a Rhys Stanley type who is very mobile for his size and is versatile. He has performed well in his two seasons, playing 13 games this year and kicking multiple goals on 5 occasions. He held down a key forward spot and was more than useful in his stints in the ruck. What really impresses me about him is his ability to read the play and get to where the action is. His type is more of a priority for our list than Josh Caddy, although I would love to see both of them in our colours. Daryl Kerrigan would probably say I'm dreamin', but a first round pick plus a Gilbert/Gram thrown in would give us a gun key forward for a decade.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
james rose
Club Player

Re: Should we pursue the "good" Tom Lynch?

I think you'd be paying overs giving up our first round draft pick and a quality player.

I'd consider Gram + a second round pick and probably accept Gram + a 3rd round draft pick.

Gilbert isn't going anywhere.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:I think you'd be paying overs giving up our first round draft pick and a quality player.

I'd consider Gram + a second round pick and probably accept Gram + a 3rd round draft pick.

Id consider that they would swear heavily at you.

james rose
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
james rose wrote:I think you'd be paying overs giving up our first round draft pick and a quality player.

Id consider that they would swear heavily at you.
Yeah I don't think it would get the deal done but with the strength of this draft it'd be hard to give up a first round draft pick and a quality player.