Daniel Markworth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Daniel Markworth

You know, the guy top right :wink:

Was very close to making his debut, so looking forward to him playing in the NAB cup.

Could someone give me some idea of how guys like he and Jackson perhaps may work into the lineup with BJ leaving?

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Daniel Markworth

I am an acquaintance of his former coach at the Cannons. Rates him very highly and says he has a huge amount of improvement and development in him. Thought he would go well before pick 35, so maybe we have pinched a good 'un. Has plenty of pace and can do the incredible at times. Personally, from the little I've seen of him, I reckon he'll play a fair bit of senior football next year. Can you annoint him for me, SainterK? I reckon he's going to be ssssppppeeecccciiiaaalll, if not delicious!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Markworth could have his chances helped by Siposs being moved to HB. Along with Dunell, he's probably the only other marking HF option on the list at the moment.

Particularly if Kosi struggles to get a game, Markworth could find himself in the side as an extra tall option for when Stanley needs to pinch hit in the ruck. Needs a huge pre season of strength and conditioning though.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Markworth is going to be a good player, super quick great evasive skills and that special quality of spacial awareness that makes good footballers great. He looks to be a winger/half forward. Does win his own footy and can kick a freakish goal.

Ferguson is very tall but doesnt play tall, he is quick for his height but is very light and doesnt have great skills, looks to be a half back or 3rd tall similar to Gilbo

class of 2010
Club Player

I reckon dan will start his afl career off a half forward flank, so with BJ gone if Sippa takes the bj quarterback role that may allow markworth to get games on the hff. I reckon fergo plays the same role as blake/gilbert/fisher/simpkin (if we have a big KPD) so it may be harder for him to break into the lineup. Markworth was pushing into the midfield at sandy at the end of the year and I reckon he could be our answer to nathan fyfe (big call i know). He is really quick, quite a good mark and is a good kick when he's comfortable. I saw markworth at both his first training session and first game for sandy shank kicks out of what I can only put down to nerves. Once he settles he's a really impressive player

oh when the saints
dragit
Saintsational Legend

He has been earmarked for a 'high' lead-up forward role, similar to what Siposs was doing before he had a run off half back. He is miles off the strength required for sustained AFL at this stage, should play a few games next year but I wouldn't expect him to be a regular for a couple of years. They are pretty wary about looking after his body.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Daniel is a very versatile player with a ton of upside. He has plenty of pace and at about 190cm is a good size. After another full preseason he should play many games next year. He will be a 200 game player, don't expect miracles right off the bat though.

Ferg, still a rookie, could be a good defender. He kept improving all year at Sandy. Hope we elevate him before the draft.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Daniel is a very versatile player with a ton of upside. He has plenty of pace and at about 190cm is a good size. After another full preseason he should play many games next year. He will be a 200 game player, don't expect miracles right off the bat though.

Ferg, still a rookie, could be a good defender. He kept improving all year at Sandy. Hope we elevate him before the draft.
Thanks for all the input everyone.

Had a chat to Jackson at the Melbourne game, he was realistic about his form being good towards the end of the year when it was probably a bit hard to get elevated and into the side.

Was very ambitious about next year though, very positive of his form, I really liked his attitude.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Daniel is a very versatile player with a ton of upside. He has plenty of pace and at about 190cm is a good size. After another full preseason he should play many games next year. He will be a 200 game player, don't expect miracles right off the bat though.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Had a chat to Jackson at the Melbourne game, he was realistic about his form being good towards the end of the year when it was probably a bit hard to get elevated and into the side.

Was very ambitious about next year though, very positive of his form, I really liked his attitude.
No sign of the homesickness K?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He still gets homesick...but IMO, was much more upbeat about his circumstances in Melbourne in regards to belonging and his footy career. He lives with Siposs and I think maybe one of the other young guys who I can't remember right now....whereas before he was living with a family.

He just seemed more focused....but it's just guesswork, but that was the vibe I got anyways.

I do get nervous though, he literally lives in GWS.

saint6
Club Player

SainterK wrote:He still gets homesick...but IMO, was much more upbeat about his circumstances in Melbourne in regards to belonging and his footy career. He lives with Siposs and I think maybe one of the other young guys who I can't remember right now....whereas before he was living with a family.

He just seemed more focused....but it's just guesswork, but that was the vibe I got anyways.

Lives with siposs and jimmy webster.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint6 wrote:
SainterK wrote:He still gets homesick...but IMO, was much more upbeat about his circumstances in Melbourne in regards to belonging and his footy career. He lives with Siposs and I think maybe one of the other young guys who I can't remember right now....whereas before he was living with a family.

Lives with siposs and jimmy webster.
Thanks peeps :)

I think plugger may know a bit about him. Maybe he'll share that with us once he wakes up for the day :wink: :P

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Particularly if Kosi struggles to get a game, Markworth could find himself in the side as an extra tall option for when Stanley needs to pinch hit in the ruck. Needs a huge pre season of strength and conditioning though.
I don't reckon he's that tall. I think the other tall option fighting for a spot with Kosi will be someone who turns up in trade week, whether it's Hickey or Hille or whoever.

hAyES
Club Player

Cannot wait for this guy to be in the team, he's going to be one of our most exciting players. High half forward that pushes up to the midfield, has exceptional pace, is a good kick and a great decision maker. Evey touch of his is like gold, just needs to put on some weight and we'll have a star in the making.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Markworth.

Will start on the outside...but he impresses me and could eventually become a mid.

With his pace more than happy that he learns the game on the outside first.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....