If Collingwood get Tippet

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Re: If Collingwood get Tippet

CURLY wrote:Collingwood are rumoured to be going after Kurt Tippet. If they somehow land him can we all agree that the salary cap is a farce. Already they have kept all there top liners at a time when GC17 GWS and now free agency has come in. The AFL GF will soon become a rotation of five or six clubs while others will fight for scraps.
The AFL will always look the other way when it comes to the filth, as they are its highest earner.

They have to finish top 4 every year so that the fat turd can get his bonus.

The salaray cap IS a farce.

I guarantee you, in a REAL audit, we would find some very interesting things happening at "the sewer" (cos thats where filth lives) :evil: :evil:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i have no choice to use toll
they freight all our stock

be great looking at them trucks everyday :?
Especially if BJ's behind the wheel :D :P

matrix
Saintsational Legend

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/co ... 6486145518

gold coast reckon sydneys come in with a big offer to the tip
crazy
surely that figure is not right

ffs they reckon the pies will have plenty of room in the budget for him after putting 4 on the vets list and getting rid of one

f*** me

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

matrix wrote:http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/co ... 6486145518

gold coast reckon sydneys come in with a big offer to the tip
crazy
surely that figure is not right

ffs they reckon the pies will have plenty of room in the budget for him after putting 4 on the vets list and getting rid of one

f*** me
When did this rule change?

I thought the maximum number of players you could put on the Vets list was 2.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Vets now is unlimited player numbers but you only discount $100k off each player, not half their wage......

So 4 players at $100k each = $400k.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

We should be scouting the lists of Sydney and Collingwood if they sign him. They will have to move some players out to make room or at least leave them vulnerable to losing some mid tier players.

Legendary
Club Player

The difference with Collingwood is that they look after you for life.

You retire as a Collingwood player and you have immediate access to their huge network of supporters and corporates who will look after you forever. It's an endless pool of connections.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:The difference with Collingwood is that they look after you for life.

You retire as a Collingwood player and you have immediate access to their huge network of supporters and corporates who will look after you forever. It's an endless pool of connections.

Is that why Ive got Len Thompsons Brownlow Medal portrait at home that he sold to keeo a float? Dont believe the bulls*** Ed feeds you.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Everyone needs to chillax I reckon....

Nobody will get away with this anymore IMO.

Eddie has been slamming this issue for months now, he's not about to join in.

The Dons will be blushing this morning about Ray, they will be getting a visit from that AFL guy in the coming days.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Please Collingwood are at the forefront with the dodgy deals. Do you think it was coincidence that Luke Ball's media profile jumped directly he moved to the Pies. Do you think the articles written by some journo in his name was just a bit of luck. Please wake up.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Bloody Sydney special allowance in the salary cap surfacing again?

Sh..ts me the compromised salary cap.........

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Bloody Sydney special allowance in the salary cap surfacing again?

Sh..ts me the compromised salary cap.........
9.8% because of the cost of living up there isn't it?

If Tippet ends up doing a Clarke and stops short of going home I'd be surprised, can't see anyone competing with the kind of coin GC would have anyways?

SaintSimmo
Club Player

@barrettdamian Quinten Lynch has chosen Collingwood. Deal signed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They really have an eye for quality forwards....Dawes and Lynch.....defenders will be scared sh*tless :lol: :lol:
Last edited by SaintSimmo on Tue 02 Oct 2012 2:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainter for life.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:@barrettdamian Quinten Lynch has chosen Collingwood. Deal signed.

That's good for them, he could play second ruck...they can finally offload Wood....and Dawes goes back to being a pure forward as he is not a ruckman.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:@barrettdamian Quinten Lynch has chosen Collingwood. Deal signed.

That's good for them, he could play second ruck...they can finally offload Wood....and Dawes goes back to being a pure forward as he is not a ruckman.
Lynch is crap, picking him up is just going sideways from dawes...equally as bad

Sainter for life.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Jolly, Ball, Krakour, Tarrant, now what Lynch & Tippett, pretty odd for a side that hasn't really shed much in the way of salary cap. They must have some kind of doctor who phone booth type setup, bigger on the inside, same goes for hawthorn & Carlton... Just keep stockpiling players.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

agreed - no effing way they can afford Cloke + Tippet. Just not possible. out of the question. Unless they are cheating.
AFL should have auditors crawling up their a$$ right now for just mentioning it.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Collingwood are rumoured to be going after Kurt Tippet. If they somehow land him can we all agree that the salary cap is a farce. Already they have kept all there top liners at a time when GC17 GWS and now free agency has come in. The AFL GF will soon become a rotation of five or six clubs while others will fight for scraps.
The Salary Cap is already a farce. Almost 1/2 the Essendon list is on the payroll at either Toll or True Value Solar Energy. Even MMM think its more than a bit fishy !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Doubt they were after Tippet, they just like to be 'seen' as big players this time of year.

Flexing their 'big 4' muscles.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:
But I share your concern about where the game is heading: that is, towards a small cabal of rich clubs. As Paul Roos said, that's where the free agency rule is going to take us.

But it's what the AFL administration wants. They don't want the likes of us, the Dogs, the Demons, the Roos, Port, etc to flourish long term. They'd rather have more successful clubs in NSW and Qld. They'll be creaming themselves about the Swans winning.

Call me a hopeless nostalgic, but it all just makes me want to puke.
So where in your misty past were ever the saints, dogs,roos et al flourishing

Would you like to go back to the 80s with saints players getting paid a few cents in the $, oh thos were the days wern't they

And if it is heading towards a small group of rich clubs , then let US be one ffs

By the way have you checked on the premier league lately

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Laurie
Club Player

The stronger cashed up clubs will get stronger the weak will certainly struggle.

Why does Sydney still get concession in the salary cap from the AFL I can really see them adding Tippett to their club they certainly will have room in the salary cap for him. How can Collingwood seriously get Tippett and Lynch and at this stage only lose Wellingham sign up their top players and still be under the salary cap.

Top players we have lost to other clubs Lockett,Hall,Ball have all tasted success at other clubs and now Goddard.

I predict it is going to be a number of hard years again ahead of us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Laurie wrote:The stronger cashed up clubs will get stronger the weak will certainly struggle.

Why does Sydney still get concession in the salary cap from the AFL I can really see them adding Tippett to their club they certainly will have room in the salary cap for him. How can Collingwood seriously get Tippett and Lynch and at this stage only lose Wellingham sign up their top players and still be under the salary cap.

Top players we have lost to other clubs Lockett,Hall,Ball have all tasted success at other clubs and now Goddard.

I dont see why this will happen. Every club must pay 95% of the salary cap and at the most 100%. FA will help the bottom clubs who front end contract a chance to jump up the ladder much quicker. I actually think it will be a good thing if finances are managed well.

noob
Club Player

Imagine if they signed both Wellingham and Tippett lol.

Chubby chequer
Club Player

Laurie wrote:The stronger cashed up clubs will get stronger the weak will certainly struggle.

Damn straight

matrix
Saintsational Legend

theyve come out and said they are not chasing tippet have not spoke to his management and have no idea where this talk came from because its not from their camp

blues are sniffing about tho