Tom Lee Traded for our pick 12

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Lee Traded for our pick 12

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Watch his highlight VIDEO people before bagging our recuitment team. He will be an excellent pick up and chances he would have been drfated well before Selection 12 at the draft. Lets not kid ourselves the AFL clubs are finally onto the benefit of drafting quality state league players over kids. PLUS we have the other two selections to work into the Brown and Hickey deals.

Well done SAINTERS !

I am certainly not bagging the recruiters as i know nothing of him. What I do know is highlights videos are a bit of a waste of time after all it is a highlights video. I also know one phantom draft had him 30 to rookie so so I doubt he was going before pick 12. We lost 12 picks in the draft. We will probably never know if we are in front or behind unless he is a star or a hack.
So Highlight vids are a waste of time but someone's phantom draft should be relied upon??

Probably neither but the person said he could go before pick 12. Happy for a few phantom drafts to have him before pick 12. If you can show me one I would be happy. By the way there were people on here happy with plenty of highlights videos of Lever last year. He may work out but they are highlights.

saintlee
Club Player

Emma Quayle reckons we did pretty well on this one. I rate her opinion, so thats reassuring for me anyway....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:Looking at that video he doesn't look anywhere near as tall as 194cm.

I hope he's a good'un. :)

He plays short.

How many times have you seen him play a full game? None I bet. Wanker alert!

You do understand humour? Surely? Say you do.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I thought the 'he plays short' was one of pluggers better funnies. should be applauded.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Tom Lee - some nobody from WA.

Will be this decades Barry Brooks - paid a fortune over the odds for someone that could have been picked up for a 3rd rounder.

Shocking trade.

But hey he is from WA so Watters would think the sun shines our of his arse.
Joffa sometimes your emotions and biaises really get the better of you - I have no doubt you will be eating those comments midway through next season!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:Emma Quayle reckons we did pretty well on this one. I rate her opinion, so thats reassuring for me anyway....

So do I.

I just changed my opinion...

Tommy is a gun :D :D :D

So now in years to come I can quote either of my posts (while deleting the other one) and say - "I told you all so" :P

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:

Will be this decades Barry Brooks - paid a fortune over the odds for someone that could have been picked up for a 3rd rounder.

Shocking trade.

Joffa sometimes your emotions and biaises really get the better of you - I have no doubt you will be eating those comments midway through next season!

No, I am correct (just pick a post)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
noob
Club Player

To be fair we needed another tall. I really want us to keep the goddard comp pick though. Haven't had a quality early round selection since McEvoy.

spot on
Club Player

I'm sure if you have seen his highlights videos you would be excited, more picks mean more leverage to pick up other good talent eg caddy , jacobs , Stevens , hickey. We still have pick 13 up our sleeves

saint6709
Club Player

LINK to a highlights reel anyone ????????

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:LINK to a highlights reel anyone ????????
http://www.saints.com.au/video%20%20aud ... fault.aspx

Saintersss
Club Player

It's a fair deal. I think why some people are a little disappointed is because we got such a good deal last year from pre-listed players from the GWS, that we would expect the same this year.

The fact is he is still only 21 years old, Stanley is older than him and if Stanley had kicked 60 goals in the VFL this year, there would be some very very excited people on this forum. Sometimes kids at 18 are just too immature to realise what it takes at AFL level, so I wouldn't be too worried about him being delisted by the Crows.

I like him a lot, I would have preferred to keep our first rounder, but it is by no means a bad deal and Lee should definitely show some people next year why we traded for him.

spot on
Club Player

Our rebuild isn't gonna come with just 1 very good player at pick 12, if we can get 3 good players at that price I will be happy with that. So we don't have players like Robert eddy running around in our grand finals.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:TAC future stars phantom draft had Lee going at pick 11
which year?

saint4life
saint6709
Club Player

Thanks for the link sainterk - my 7 year old is already predicting a brownlow after watching it
I think it could be a great deal - and Saad and milera was only a good deal in hindsight - there was no guarantee this time last year that they would perform so well

SaintTom
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
saintbob wrote:Any video footage???
Yes
http://www.saints.com.au/multimedia/tab ... fault.aspx

and

:D :D
So he was a Saints supporter? Surprised this hasn't been mentioned anywhere else!

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

A lot will depend one who goes at 12 in the draft and what we do with our other picks...

Remember, Monfries was a pick 14 and turned into 40odd. Hopefully we can do something amazing with the other two picks we have... Jury is still out...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
jimmy_slats
Club Player

Shocking trade.

remember this post and remeber that he is a saint you absolut flog!!!

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:TAC future stars phantom draft had Lee going at pick 11
which year?
2012, this year.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

jimmy_slats wrote:

Shocking trade.

remember this post and remeber that he is a saint you absolut flog!!!
Lol, slightly pessimistic

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
borderbarry wrote:
wotever1 wrote:is 194 big enough to be the second ruckman
Well he is 2 inches taller than Jason Blake. Anyway if we get Hickey he wont need to be used as a 2nd ruckman.

That is true but where the hell does Hickey play when not rucking. That has always been my issue on the second ruckman in a side.
Sandringham! :)

Saint supporter since '62
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Does this suddenly make him more attractive to some ;)

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/cl ... 6214423677

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

OK JB

It's OK for you to label a young untried fella as a NOBODY and condemning his career upon trading, yet jump on a high horse and call me for labelling known AFL failure a retard (in a footy sense)

You've also bagged the living s*** out of me for going off early......

Seems a little hypocrisy at work..... But not for the first time though is it??!!

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I expect him to be as good as Jackie. Maybe it's part of the grand plan. Hit rock bottom as fast as possible. Or perhaps we need a new accountant. Collingwood was able to win a flag by getting two extra players worth over $1 million in the same year. The Swans are able to get the number 1 transferee ( i.e. better than Brendon) after just winning the flag. We need someone at the club to make 2+2 =3.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:I expect him to be as good as Jackie. Maybe it's part of the grand plan. Hit rock bottom as fast as possible. Or perhaps we need a new accountant. Collingwood was able to win a flag by getting two extra players worth over $1 million in the same year. The Swans are able to get the number 1 transferee ( i.e. better than Brendon) after just winning the flag. We need someone at the club to make 2+2 =3.

If he is as good as Jack we have done very well. Most footy experts would agree. Only those with no knowledge wouldnt think so. Hopefully you agree.