Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

Animal Enclosure wrote:Garlett wants to go home to Perth
He better get a number and join the line

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rumour on BF Silvagni been delisted by Freo......to small for us and Simpkin cr@ps on him IMO.

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:rumour on BF Silvagni been delisted by Freo......to small for us and Simpkin cr@ps on him IMO.
Silvagni would be worth a look if he was a little bit bigger.

And a whole lot better.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Teflon wrote:rumour on BF Silvagni been delisted by Freo......to small for us and Simpkin cr@ps on him IMO.
Silvagni would be worth a look if he was a little bit bigger.

And a whole lot better.

or his name was Stephen.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

adrian barich ‏@adrianbarich
Word is Silvagni has been delisted. Unconfirmed as yet. Saints are interested so all is not lost. Good fella.
Retweeted by Tom Atkinson

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Not sure why we would be interested as we are swimming in 191cm-ish backmen already.

Simpkin is better..Dempster was AA this year. Fisher is a star. Gilbert I rate, though many do not. Siposs may take over BJ's role. Gwilt post knee had an ordinary 2012, but one would hope for better in 2013. Blake may already being squeezed out.

We need a big defender. Surely someone like Silvagni, would be back up at best?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saintersss
Club Player

bergsone wrote:probally watched him as much as you have,does that mean we both know f*** all.........some people
I just find it hilarious that you can cast judgement on someone when you clearly haven't seen them play as you don't know what position they play. Please don't speak on behalf of myself as well, thanks.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Not sure what we would achieve with Silvagni.
As people have said - He is not as good as Dempster, Fisher, Gilbo, Gwilt or Simpkin.
Is older than Simpkin.

Then we have Ferg, Winmar, Webster also vying for spots on the list next year.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

We had plenty of opportunity to look at Silvani when he was playing for Casey and it was our VFL team. We apparently were not interested then, why would we be now?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:We had plenty of opportunity to look at Silvani when he was playing for Casey and it was our VFL team. We apparently were not interested then, why would we be now?
I guess there is always the chance that's it's lazy journalism and they've guessed Baz...

bergsone
SS Life Member

Saintersss wrote:
bergsone wrote:probally watched him as much as you have,does that mean we both know f*** all.........some people
I just find it hilarious that you can cast judgement on someone when you clearly haven't seen them play as you don't know what position they play. Please don't speak on behalf of myself as well, thanks.
i wont speak on your behalf again,if i havent seen him play..........maybe i was seeing things

Megamaguire
Club Player

Milera brought a switched on and positive brand of footy to the Saints @ times in 2012.
I Like Terry and hope he keeps developing. He seems to have good vision in the games i've seen him play this year.

Go Terry!
GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
FQF
SS Life Member

Megamaguire wrote:Milera brought a switched on and positive brand of footy to the Saints @ times in 2012.
I Like Terry and hope he keeps developing. He seems to have good vision in the games i've seen him play this year.

Go Terry!
GO SAINTS!
Context?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:We had plenty of opportunity to look at Silvani when he was playing for Casey and it was our VFL team. We apparently were not interested then, why would we be now?

Could just be we weren't in need of back line players then or he took a bit more development to come on. He is a funny one, can look good at times and ordinary at others. I'm not sure if he's a proper full back though.

I agree that Hansen from North would be a better get or even Pedersen he seems to be an old school bash and crash full back that would at least keep the guys like cloke honest.

Hansen looks like he still has some potential left untapped and could be one of those players that thrive after being given the responsibility of a backline position. he is a good mark but doesn't quite seem to ever click as a forward.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

any word on tez
has he said he would go home?

they might do a deal for jacobs
although id really like to keep him at st kilda

silvagni?
pffft
why?
has been delisted
not big enough for mine

Sainterman
Club Player

This one off Facebook...

RUMOR!

A Rumor doing the rounds today is a three way deal between Melbourne, Collingwood and St Kilda.

Chris Dawes, Farren Ray & pick 39 to Melbourne
Pick 20 & Pick 43 to Collingwood
Stefan Martin & Pick 45 to St.Kilda

Melbourne lose – pick 20, pick 45 and Stef Martin
Melbourne gain – Pick 39, Chris Dawes & Farren Ray

Colingwood lose – Chris Dawes & Pick 39
Collingwood gain – Pick 20 (melb) & pick 43 (St.K)

St.Kilda lose – Farren Ray & Pick 43
St.Kilda gain – Stef Martin & Pick 45

SaintWodonga
Club Player

If we pick up Martin, what would happen to Hickey?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Megamaguire
Club Player

For FQF regarding 'Context?'
sorry but i cant help u much - just an impression from a few games i saw him play in (near the beginning of the year i think).

I'm not at all up to date with his form near the latter part of the season but i did think he moved very well when he was first given a go by Watters. he seemed to be both calm and decisive and i thought those qualities added to our fwd. line. I guess the likes of bustler Steven are ahead of him but i hope Terry can progress.
What do you think?

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:If we pick up Martin, what would happen to Hickey?
Go for both.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:This one off Facebook...

RUMOR!

A Rumor doing the rounds today is a three way deal between Melbourne, Collingwood and St Kilda.

Chris Dawes, Farren Ray & pick 39 to Melbourne
Pick 20 & Pick 43 to Collingwood
Stefan Martin & Pick 45 to St.Kilda

Melbourne lose – pick 20, pick 45 and Stef Martin
Melbourne gain – Pick 39, Chris Dawes & Farren Ray

Colingwood lose – Chris Dawes & Pick 39
Collingwood gain – Pick 20 (melb) & pick 43 (St.K)

St.Kilda lose – Farren Ray & Pick 43
St.Kilda gain – Stef Martin & Pick 45
not sure why we would have to give collingwood our 43, they can have melbournes 45 seeing as Ray is a much better footballer than Martin anyway. I would rather keep Ray than see that filthy bunch of... go ahead of us in the draft, if pick 20 isn't enough for Dawes I'll spew, fair dinkum.
Last edited by dragit on Fri 12 Oct 2012 12:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Do I recall Martin playing as both a KPD and a smallish (195cm) ruck?

If so, what are we looking at him as - a KPD who can pinch hit in the ruck, or a ruck that can play a bit down back?

If it's as a defender I would suggest that means we are getting no-where with WCE on Brown, and would expect to see us still go after Hickey.

I would also expect to see us swap Cripps with Stevens if Cripps still wants to go home.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
sax
Club Player

True Believer wrote:Do I recall Martin playing as both a KPD and a smallish (195cm) ruck?

If so, what are we looking at him as - a KPD who can pinch hit in the ruck, or a ruck that can play a bit down back?

If it's as a defender I would suggest that means we are getting no-where with WCE on Brown, and would expect to see us still go after Hickey.

I would also expect to see us swap Cripps with Stevens if Cripps still wants to go home.

Martin is 198cm & 103kg

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

OK, not so smallish, but the question still remains for me - is he primarily a ruckman or a defender?

The most I know of him is that I had him in my Dreamteam the year before last, very cheap, and his numbers were consistently pretty good, but that doesn't necessarily translate into influence in a game....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Spent most of his 2012 in the ruck - I remember watching him play a game this year, maybe against the Blues, and he was one-out in the ruck all day. He got a pretty ordinary corkie and still played out the game, showing a heap of ticker.

Still, Melbourne seem pretty keen to move him on, at a time when decent ruckman are pretty rare on the trade table, so i'd be suspicious. Would rather keep Ray TBH, depends on how bad he wants out I guess....

Saintersss
Club Player

True Believer wrote:OK, not so smallish, but the question still remains for me - is he primarily a ruckman or a defender?

The most I know of him is that I had him in my Dreamteam the year before last, very cheap, and his numbers were consistently pretty good, but that doesn't necessarily translate into influence in a game....
He had a breakout year in 2011 where he was extremely good playing all over the ground and giving a chop-out in the ruck. The best thing about him is his versatility, he can play back, forward on in the ruck well, which as we all know is vital in today's game with the reduced bench. However, he is still very capable of playing the number 1 ruck, when Jamar went down he was the number 1 ruck and played very well. Although he is only 198cm, he has a very good leap and is fairly strong so competes very well in ruck situations. The only worry I have is that he doesn't quite have a set position (which can also be a good thing), but think of him as a rich man's Leigh Brown.

I personally would prefer him over Hickey, as Hickey is primarily a ruckman and that's it, therefore I'm not sure he can play in the same team with McEvoy, Martin definitely can. So effectively he can 1) play as a back-up if McEvoy gets injured 2) actually be in the the team not playing in the 1st ruck

If we effectively get him for a straight swap for Ray, we should be laughing. He has way more value then Ray, but for some reason (unknown to me) has fallen out of favour and seems to be on the trade table.