Has anyone ever picked up at a Footy match?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Has anyone ever picked up at a Footy match?

I tried once at a game in 1998. Sneaky glances going both ways and my mates urged me to give it a go. Turned out she lived in Geelong and I had very little to contribute to the conversation after that.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

No but a quick story....my wife bought me my 2 reserved seats at Etihad for Christmas. She came to the first 2 or 3 games with me....she was a blonde....she didn't come to the next one so I took my niece. When my wife next came with me she had dyed her hair and was a brunette. At half time when she went to the bathroom, the group of ladies behind me proceeded to tell me how disgusting I was. First I bring my wife, then some other woman and now this brunette floosie. Flattered - I explained that my wife was 2 of the 3 women and my niece the 3rd. Next season they moved seats.

sainterjo
Club Player

I suppose you could call it that :D Seventeen years later and I still haven't put him down again.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:No but a quick story....my wife bought me my 2 reserved seats at Etihad for Christmas. She came to the first 2 or 3 games with me....she was a blonde....she didn't come to the next one so I took my niece. When my wife next came with me she had dyed her hair and was a brunette. At half time when she went to the bathroom, the group of ladies behind me proceeded to tell me how disgusting I was. First I bring my wife, then some other woman and now this brunette floosie. Flattered - I explained that my wife was 2 of the 3 women and my niece the 3rd. Next season they moved seats.

Great story :D :D

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:No but a quick story....my wife bought me my 2 reserved seats at Etihad for Christmas. She came to the first 2 or 3 games with me....she was a blonde....she didn't come to the next one so I took my niece. When my wife next came with me she had dyed her hair and was a brunette. At half time when she went to the bathroom, the group of ladies behind me proceeded to tell me how disgusting I was. First I bring my wife, then some other woman and now this brunette floosie. Flattered - I explained that my wife was 2 of the 3 women and my niece the 3rd. Next season they moved seats.
Unfortunately Ricky Nixon tried the same story with less success :wink:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

They were probably jealous. :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:My wife is a professional classical musician and apart from wanting me to be happy
Talk about setting the poor girl up for failure .... bet she plays her music loud?

“Yeah….nah””
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

True story- My mate picked up in the standing room section on Grand Final day back in the late 70's. Needless to say she wasn't a lady of high morals ( coupled with the fact that our team wasn't in the GF and we all had been drinking since the start of the under 19's ) he managed to talk her into going out of the ground during the 2nd quarter of the main match and did the deed behind a tree in the carpark. Came back in and watched/drank the rest of the game with her. Game finishes, takes her back home and again does the deed during the replay of the 2nd qtr! As I said, it was the 70's and I the lady wasn't high on the morals list. I swear it's true. As for me, no cigar.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:No but I've tried over the years (not now) and failed. Most girls I have gone out with haven't been into footy. My wife is a professional classical musician and apart from wanting me to be happy has no interest. She used to come to some games with me but not now. My GF before that wasn't interested either and never came at all. In fact she was very snobby about it and hated footy. I think she hated me too.

I wouldnt take it personally. My wife hated me for 17 years.
My wife has only hated you for 2 years :wink: :D

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
SaintPav wrote:My wife is a professional classical musician and apart from wanting me to be happy
Talk about setting the poor girl up for failure .... bet she plays her music loud?
you're dumb.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

I did once when I was at school. Wasn't even a saints game. I met her again and we actually went to a saints game the week. I don't think she like the way I behaved at the game on that day and it didn't impress her! haha I can go a bit nuts at the games! I didn't see her again after that! (Better only go to games with St. Kilda ladies!)

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Teflon wrote:
you're dumb.
I didn't marry you so I'm half smart...

“Yeah….nah””
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

tony74 wrote:... As I said, it was the 70's and the lady wasn't high on the morals list...
.. and how high were your mate's morals that day Tony? :wink: I'd be guessing around 0.25?
tony74 wrote:As for me, no cigar.
You could have been the lucky one actually Tony... never know what one can contract from smoking... :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:No but I had my first date at the a Saints Pies final at waverley which we won.
That was a good day. I remember sitting behind the goals up the small scoreboard end.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:True story- My mate picked up in the standing room section on Grand Final day back in the late 70's. Needless to say she wasn't a lady of high morals ( coupled with the fact that our team wasn't in the GF and we all had been drinking since the start of the under 19's ) he managed to talk her into going out of the ground during the 2nd quarter of the main match and did the deed behind a tree in the carpark. Came back in and watched/drank the rest of the game with her. Game finishes, takes her back home and again does the deed during the replay of the 2nd qtr! As I said, it was the 70's and I the lady wasn't high on the morals list. I swear it's true. As for me, no cigar.
That is legendary. I have never heard such a tale.
Although I have some reservations about your mates quality control?
Nonetheless. I take my hat off.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:The football is where I dress like a dag (track pants, baseball jacket and a scarf) and don't exactly behave like a gentleman.

"Mmmmm..... Delicious"
Jeez, I hope I'm not that bad :shock:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
I didn't marry you so I'm half smart...
Which then makes you half dumb and makes you sound like a lonely and sexually confused weasel. :mrgreen:

Siposstar#2
Club Player

Does nab cup count?
Don't care if it doesn't I'm telling my story anyway.
It was a couple of years ago. Whenever we played Sydney in the nab cup. Won by a couple of goals by memory.
Anyway my mates and I decided to go to the game all together and head out afterwards.
There was about 9 of us all spread out on level 1 behind the goals, drinking our smuggled in bourbon from the flask.
Sitting a row behind my mates I noticed a drop dead gorgeous girl wearing a Sydney scarf by herself.
I waited till half way through the 2nd qtr. just making sure no one was joining her. When no one had, I made the move and sat next to her. Asking"why are you here by yourself?"
She told me that she had had a fight with her boyfriend and that she normally goes with him. And wanted to get out of the house. She also opened up about how he was still msging his ex. I played the nice guy. (One of my many characters)Trying to help her feel like this guy might have just been msging the ex meaning nothing. And also said it was all upto her what she wanted to do, just had to feel right to her..
Anyway ater the game I told her we were heading out for a drink, that she should join us.
She said "yeh maybe I'll just go home and get changed see how I feel"
In other words , in my dictionary of girls"no"
We carried on the the bar/club. I proceeded dancing/drinking/trying to pick up.
Couple hours later I was making out with a far less attractive girl, my mate came and grabbed m saying she's here.
I ditched the less attractive girl. And my mate wasn't lieing. There she was, we drank. Chatted more. Made out. I appologised saying, wow I shouldn't have done that sorry. (Perfect strategy)
She said no don't worry, I like you. My bf was a dick when I got home.
She came back to my house in a cab.

This is where you need to pay $$$$$$ for the sealed saintsational section
I saw her a couple times after that night ;)
Then she left me once she realized I had no 2nd qtr in me. And my first quarter I had done a hammy in the opening minutes ;)

Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
saintkid
Club Player

Yep, happened in the 2010 Qualifying final against Geelong. A memorable Friday night. Was sitting next to 2 cute sisters that followed Geelong and tried to do some good ground work in the first half while we played really well when it was was dry. Didn't make a lot of progress but in the second half it started to rain non stop and we struggled in the rain and one got pretty friendly as the Cats were coming back and when Ling kicked that goal at the end to put them in front, one jumped on my lap not knowing that Gwilt got a free kick for in the back lol to give us the game. Geez a split second later she was in tears and a bit of a mess and I got to console her more than I thought I would. :D Was hoping her sister would join in too but I wasn't that lucky. :wink:
Last edited by saintkid on Wed 17 Oct 2012 10:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Does masturbating count?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Does masturbating count?

For Teflon it does.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

For Teflon it does.
starting to sound like a bad pickup line......and not a siren to be heard...

Time to turn up the Beethoven me thinks....

“Yeah….nah””
Rosco
Club Player

Excellent thread, and no luck here.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

For Teflon it does.
starting to sound like a bad pickup line......and not a siren to be heard...

Time to turn up the Beethoven me thinks....
Boys, settle down. Just settle down. It is ruining my Saintsational Experience.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:1997 Grand final, went by myself Afl members, a hot girl sat next to me, we talked for a while, and i asked her if she was going to Moorabbin if we won, she said she would like to but didnt have anyone to go with. Bingo
Well dont need to tell you the end...................

So you never got to see her because we didnt win?

Double f***.