Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

MC Gusto wrote:Fb is saying cripps is refusing to go to freo, threatening to walk if a deal can't be done with west coast.

If that's the truth fack him off to the draft

So we get nothing and he gets to WCE. Dont see the point myself. Still think we will work something out with Brown for pick 26 and Crippa.

savatage
SS Life Member

MC Gusto wrote:Agree with that but maybe a change and been put in a team with a brigade of mature leaders would set him straight. He has pretty much never had that at the dees
Agreed!

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Maybe. Seems v expensive for someone who can't get a spot in their back 6

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Maybe. Seems v expensive for someone who can't get a spot in their back 6

It is way over the top but it seems we want a FB and he is contracted so I reckon that is what it will cost.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Agreed.

I reckon hold out till 4:55 on Friday and see who blinks first. I have heard frawley wants out from the dees but will honour the final year. If he was even a remote chance then what's another year? Unless we think we're a chance for a crack at the flag you'd keep your picks draft well hold some room in the cap and make a massive play for him in nov 2013

#1 Ryder fan
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I heard from a kid from Warrigul who claims to be mates with Daisy Thomas' family that he's pissed about the Cloke deal and wants out when his contract ends. Apparently paying overs for one player can have repercussions. He also had the Tipett draft tampering rumour right but didn't think either were probably true but he was good on one rumour.

mohannair
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:Agreed.

I reckon hold out till 4:55 on Friday and see who blinks first. I have heard frawley wants out from the dees but will honour the final year. If he was even a remote chance then what's another year? Unless we think we're a chance for a crack at the flag you'd keep your picks draft well hold some room in the cap and make a massive play for him in nov 2013
Trade week finishes at 2:00 pm on Friday.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

the sylvia trade is it legit?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:the sylvia trade is it legit?

No its a rumour and there hasnt been one right yet on this thread so i suggest the odds are not good.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I heard from a kid from Warrigul who claims to be mates with Daisy Thomas' family that he's pissed about the Cloke deal and wants out when his contract ends. Apparently paying overs for one player can have repercussions. He also had the Tipett draft tampering rumour right but didn't think either were probably true but he was good on one rumour.
I've heard MM loves Daisy and he'll have him in a blues jersey as soon as he be comes a FA at the end of next year.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:I heard from a kid from Warrigul who claims to be mates with Daisy Thomas' family that he's pissed about the Cloke deal and wants out when his contract ends. Apparently paying overs for one player can have repercussions. He also had the Tipett draft tampering rumour right but didn't think either were probably true but he was good on one rumour.
Interesting, replace the name Daisy with Beams or Pendles and were talkin!

Sylvia, what the?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
andrewg
Club Player

Like I have said before build the young list then buy the guns! Make free agency work for us, first stop, Collingwood.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Ralphy wrote:the sylvia trade is it legit?

No its a rumour and there hasnt been one right yet on this thread so i suggest the odds are not good.
damn reckon he'd be alright

savatage
SS Life Member

andrewg wrote:Like I have said before build the young list then buy the guns! Make free agency work for us, first stop, Collingwood.
I'm hoping this year we're filling the gaps, next year we bring out the cheque book during free agency & hit the draft hard for best talent. We clearly had/have a plan this trade period to cover our most glaring deficiencies.

noob
Club Player

I think the 4-5 year deals will be more uncommon in the future due to the cap needing to be at 95% at the minimum. You could be the one of worst players on a team nearing the bottom of the ladder but still earning more than a decent player playing grand finals. That's one of main reasons I believe that Goddard didn't get 4 years.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

savatage wrote:
andrewg wrote:Like I have said before build the young list then buy the guns! Make free agency work for us, first stop, Collingwood.
I'm hoping this year we're filling the gaps, next year we bring out the cheque book during free agency & hit the draft hard for best talent. We clearly had/have a plan this trade period to cover our most glaring deficiencies.
Correct. I think supporters forget that the list managers don't just have an eye on this years draft, they also have next years in mind and possibly an inkling of the one after that. Not to mention whose contract expires when and where and the chnages in list rules and regs. They don't try and fix everything at once. They try and get the best value to their needs out of every year. So if this years draft is light on for quality talls but next years if ull of them, they won't kill themselves to get a tall from this years draft, unless soemthing falls in their lap. They weigh the costs, against the list needs and age profile and try and work a balancing act.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Bardon Saint
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:Honestly I've always thought sylvia would be good at the saints. Pretty sure he has been rumored to be coming to us in past seasons.
Pretty sure for at least the last 4 or so seasons there has been some sort of a Saints/Sylvia rumour

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Honestly I've always thought sylvia would be good at the saints. Pretty sure he has been rumored to be coming to us in past seasons.
Pretty sure for at least the last 4 or so seasons there has been some sort of a Saints/Sylvia rumour

Silvia Saint?

savatage
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:

Silvia Saint?
She's probably a little long in the tooth now.....nah stuff it I'd still say yes.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Fb is saying cripps is refusing to go to freo, threatening to walk if a deal can't be done with west coast.

If that's the truth fack him off to the draft

So we get nothing and he gets to WCE. Dont see the point myself. Still think we will work something out with Brown for pick 26 and Crippa.
Peopel carried on with the Ball saga. Ross Lyons fault and everything. At least get something for him.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Scoop
Club Player

savatage wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Silvia Saint?
She's probably a little long in the tooth now.....nah stuff it I'd still say yes.
+ 1 :wink:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote: Peopel carried on with the Ball saga. Ross Lyons fault and everything. At least get something for him.
Finally seeing the light clarky? :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
Peopel carried on with the Ball saga. Ross Lyons fault and everything. At least get something for him.

Get off Ross's back ya flog - youre always picking on Ross.....

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Morton's fate could hinge on West Coast's bid to poach homesick St Kilda defender Jamie Cripps.

West Coast wants Cripps, but is unwilling to part with key defender Mitch Brown in a trade for the young flanker.

Speculation was mounting last night that Essendon could be involved as part of a three-way trade.

In that scenario, the Bombers would send backman Cale Hooker to the Saints, who are in need of defensive reinforcement.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/west-c ... 6502678376

and....

GWS and Port Adelaide had been linked but neither has been in recent contact with Hawthorn about a trade. St Kilda, looking for a key defender, has already passed on Gilham.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/three- ... 6502667864

Saintersss
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Morton's fate could hinge on West Coast's bid to poach homesick St Kilda defender Jamie Cripps.

West Coast wants Cripps, but is unwilling to part with key defender Mitch Brown in a trade for the young flanker.

Speculation was mounting last night that Essendon could be involved as part of a three-way trade.

In that scenario, the Bombers would send backman Cale Hooker to the Saints, who are in need of defensive reinforcement.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/west-c ... 6502678376

and....

GWS and Port Adelaide had been linked but neither has been in recent contact with Hawthorn about a trade. St Kilda, looking for a key defender, has already passed on Gilham.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/three- ... 6502667864
I don't think Hooker is as bad as some people say he is, however he is not really the monster back we need. He can play well on the running types, but I question whether he is capable on the strong big bodied forwards (which is obviously what we need).