Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

gringo wrote:Cripps is a very good player and is the most advanced of our kids, some people have no idea. I think people are wounded that he wants out. He will go well in the next few years at west coast. I wonder if all the bagging he got on SS helped him decide to get out. A few ran a campaign because they decided he dogged a contest in one of his first few games. He is a bargain at a pick in the 40s and has shown more than a guy we gave 13 for and more than probably Jack Watts at the same stage in his career. I don't understand why he's so unpopular.
I like him too, but there is something seriously wrong if a player leaves a club because of what some Internet 'fans' say. I can't believe this would happen.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
gringo wrote:Cripps is a very good player and is the most advanced of our kids, some people have no idea. I think people are wounded that he wants out. He will go well in the next few years at west coast. I wonder if all the bagging he got on SS helped him decide to get out. A few ran a campaign because they decided he dogged a contest in one of his first few games. He is a bargain at a pick in the 40s and has shown more than a guy we gave 13 for and more than probably Jack Watts at the same stage in his career. I don't understand why he's so unpopular.
I like him too, but there is something seriously wrong if a player leaves a club because of what some Internet 'fans' say. I can't believe this would happen.
Raph and Kosi would have packed their bags years ago if that was the case.

SaintTom
Club Player

Think you may be slightly overstating the importance of this forum, by implying that it has any effect on anything whatsoever.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I'm sure we would all have a bit more love for Cripps if he came out and said he's happy to go to either the Eagles or Freo - that all he really wants is to be home in WA. Then let them have a bidding war and we would hopefully see his true value being offered.

Instead, he's really really homesick, but only if he can go to the team that he wants. So we either get screwed into pick 50 or so, or lose him for nothing, yet some here expect the supporters to head down to Seaford and have a guard of honour to wave him good bye?? Not likely.

st.dave
Club Player

Not sure if it's been posted already but apparently Ross and the Dockers are looking at CJ... Maybe for Roberton or Silvagni.

SunburySaint
Club Player

maybe cripps doesnt want to go to Fremantle due to the Ross Lyon factor.. who knows. I just find it strange that he wants to return home to WA but only to one club. Surely beggars cant be choosers.

Now lives in Geelong...
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Not sure if it's been posted already but apparently Ross and the Dockers are looking at CJ... Maybe for Roberton or Silvagni.

Would we want either of them. We would have had a good look at Silvani when he was playing for Casey which was our VFL team at the time. We obviously did not want him then, so I doubt we would want him now. We have plenty of his type and size. I dont know the other one.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Not sure if it's been posted already but apparently Ross and the Dockers are looking at CJ... Maybe for Roberton or Silvagni.

Would we want either of them. We would have had a good look at Silvani when he was playing for Casey which was our VFL team at the time. We obviously did not want him then, so I doubt we would want him now. We have plenty of his type and size. I dont know the other one.
Don't want any more players. We need list space.

If Freo want CJ and we don't, then we should just accept a Draft pick; even if it's one we ultimately don't use.

IMO of course.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Not sure if it's been posted already but apparently Ross and the Dockers are looking at CJ... Maybe for Roberton or Silvagni.

Don't want any more players. We need list space.

If Freo want CJ and we don't, then we should just accept a Draft pick; even if it's one we ultimately don't use.

IMO of course.
Maybe a pick upgrade??

CJ & Pick 47 for 37? (or whatever they got for Broughton)

ace
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
His girlfriend is back in WA.
The St KIlda girls failed to make him welcome.
You know what I mean, like so he would ditch girl back in WA.
Some guys need to feel loved.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintTom wrote:
Think you may be slightly overstating the importance of this forum, by implying that it has any effect on anything whatsoever.

I have a mate who's nephew plays for a melbourne based team and he's on the fringes there. i know what he tells me about the fans writing stuff on forums and he has had a similar experience where he is so sick of disrespectful fans bagging him that he's trying to get him to leave. Even if the players are sensible enough to not read it, family and mates do and it gets back. I think Armo's brother seems to have given up from being pretty active and same with Siposs old man. Social media is great because you can have your say but people go too far and bag guys when they don't know any back ground. I always try to be reasonable and keep it to what I'd want said to myself- not stopping from suggesting things to improve, just not saying blanket things like "he dogs it" from very scant evidence.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

IF I was a pro footballer I would troll the s*** out of forums

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:IF I was a pro footballer I would troll the s*** out of forums

Apparently they get on the forums the young guys, must be like a car crash, you shouldn't look, you don't want to look but you do anyway. if someone was critiquing my work everyday, I reckon I'd need to take a quick look.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I got a feeling we will do a surprise - under the radar trade in the next 24 hours..

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
evo
Club Player

Rumour CJ is off to the Pies picks 48 & 71..

SaintTom
Club Player

evo wrote:Rumour CJ is off to the Pies picks 48 & 71..
Eesh don't love that...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
SaintTom wrote:

I have a mate who's nephew plays for a melbourne based team and he's on the fringes there. i know what he tells me about the fans writing stuff on forums and he has had a similar experience where he is so sick of disrespectful fans bagging him that he's trying to get him to leave. Even if the players are sensible enough to not read it, family and mates do and it gets back. I think Armo's brother seems to have given up from being pretty active and same with Siposs old man. Social media is great because you can have your say but people go too far and bag guys when they don't know any back ground. I always try to be reasonable and keep it to what I'd want said to myself- not stopping from suggesting things to improve, just not saying blanket things like "he dogs it" from very scant evidence.

I would say what is written on here or other forums had zero effect on Cripps wanting to go home.

Saintersss
Club Player

evo wrote:Rumour CJ is off to the Pies picks 48 & 71..
We are really trying to stockpile as many picks in the 40's as we can, aren't we?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Cj for 48? Sold!

#1 Ryder fan
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:I got a feeling we will do a surprise - under the radar trade in the next 24 hours..
Been hearing this type stuff for weeks - any inside info? Or is it bowel movements?

Otherwise I don't see it...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Cj for 48? Sold!
Is this confirmed?

48???? Would we use that..... or are we stockpiling to trade.....

“Yeah….nah””
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

We would probably use 48, but 71?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Anyway, Collingwood have 18, 19, 21, and 42 before 48. I would be insisting on something better from them, like they always do.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

borderbarry wrote:Anyway, Collingwood have 18, 19, 21, and 42 before 48. I would be insisting on something better from them, like they always do.
Would be happy if they upgraded pick #25/26. CJ isn't worth all that much given his age and his playing weaknesses.

Try and get pick #18, although 21 for CJ and 26 is more likely I'd say.

Actually, I don't think any of it is likely. But hypothetically, I'd be happy with that.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

i would put forward a view that cale hooker is a better player than brown. if he is truly up for grabs then take him and put cripps in the draft

#1 Ryder fan