The Pelican

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Pelican

millarsaint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
millarsaint wrote:Hickey and Lee better turn out to be hot rods.
So you are on their case already even though they haven't even kicked a ball form the Saints yet?
Quite right. Let's let them settle in. Fluff about in the weights room. Get wicked hair cuts and show sly senses of humour on lunch with Lenny. Meet some chicks at community events, and let them soak up the Peninsula sun with fine wages and genital waxes.

God forbid we should expect them to play outstanding football.

I thought that was what footballers did, playing is overrated- give me Tom Lee with a Wellingham coif, some manscaping of the ginger airstrip variety and he's earned his wage as far as I'm concerned.

i'm worried about his ability to tan though, he seems to look like he'd get ruddy if he tried tanning and we all know Melbourne had to let Moloney go because of his excessive use of fake tanning agents which would have upset their jaundiced fans.

i can see him being delisted very quickly if he can't add some style, he looks kind of like a guy you'd get to paint your fence but only if he was cheap.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

like craig mclachlan in Neighbours

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Going into the draft, we needed a ruckman - Hickey is a 10 year prospect whose style fits in with the way the game is going - for this pelican gets a tick.

We are always going to need a new KPF to replace Roo and Kosi - Lee fits the bill - tick.

We desperately needed a full back - Brown deal didn't eventuate - cross.

2 out of 3 ain't bad! 2 out of three is generally considered a tick.

And we've still got a strong position in the draft to look forward to in adding to the list.

Yes, we'll have to wait another year for a gun backman (unless we draft one. What are the chances of this?) but don't forget possibly the biggest signing all pre-season was that of THE BLAKE who we know can do an adequate job in holding down a backline position for another year before we finally do land a gun defender for the years to come.

Pelican's job in rebulding this list needs to be judged over the course of 3-4 years, not in one 3-week drafting period...

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:Going into the draft, we needed a ruckman - Hickey is a 10 year prospect whose style fits in with the way the game is going - for this pelican gets a tick.

We are always going to need a new KPF to replace Roo and Kosi - Lee fits the bill - tick.

We desperately needed a full back - Brown deal didn't eventuate - cross.

2 out of 3 ain't bad! 2 out of three is generally considered a tick.

And we've still got a strong position in the draft to look forward to in adding to the list.

Yes, we'll have to wait another year for a gun backman (unless we draft one. What are the chances of this?) but don't forget possibly the biggest signing all pre-season was that of THE BLAKE who we know can do an adequate job in holding down a backline position for another year before we finally do land a gun defender for the years to come.

Pelican's job in rebulding this list needs to be judged over the course of 3-4 years, not in one 3-week drafting period...
First could easily end up being be a cross and second IS a tick. I'd rather have the dp which now look like being picks 24 and 25.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
mick13
Club Player

Seems like Hickey and Lee are going to be marked a hell of a lot harsher than any of the players we may have picked up at 12/13. Despite the fact we also got picks 25/26 which can still net us a decent player. In this range in the last couple years we've picked up players like Ross, Ledger, Newnes, Siposs, Cripps was a talent, Markworth should prove to be something decent.

What if Tanner Smith falls to us? Does it suddenly become a successful period because we grabbed all three kinds of player we required?

Let's wait for the draft...and then about 4-5 years before judging this period :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:Seems like Hickey and Lee are going to be marked a hell of a lot harsher than any of the players we may have picked up at 12/13. Despite the fact we also got picks 25/26 which can still net us a decent player. In this range in the last couple years we've picked up players like Ross, Ledger, Newnes, Siposs, Cripps was a talent, Markworth should prove to be something decent.

What if Tanner Smith falls to us? Does it suddenly become a successful period because we grabbed all three kinds of player we required?

Let's wait for the draft...and then about 4-5 years before judging this period :)

At least Tanner Smith sounds like his skin would brown up nicely, as I said before I have serious doubts on the skin pigmentation qualities of Lee.

Scoop
Club Player

True Believer wrote:

Excelllent post scoop, well out of place here amongst the whining about why we didin't get Glass and Franklin for pick 89 in a 3 way deal with a can of coke.

This statement intrigues me "and believe me, there is more to this than just their wish to keep a back up KPD!!" care to expand??
Well....

....let's just look at the coaches of the two teams involved.....both from WA.....ex team mates......in the recent past, both coaching in WA at the same time....

....obviously have a relationship....

....as we know.....some relationships are good....others are not.....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!