Will you boo Goddard?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Will you boo Goddard?

No it doesn't and while it may be true to an extent, the world also revolves around things like relationships and friendships.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
GoSaintersGo
Club Player

No, I don't think I'll boo.
I certainly laugh my lungs out when we play the Bummers and Clint Jones plays on Goddard restricting him to minimal posessions, say 10 or so.
Goddard hates being tagged - he'll finish up doing his block, getting reported and outed for five weeks.
Believe me, an easy scenario.

sainter27
Club Player

His decision was pathetic, when people succumb to pathetic decisions, they get pathetic results. He will never be a premiership player. He will never be a
1 club player. Another very good footballer with both limited morals and even more limited intelligence. When ones goes to the footy for 3 hours it is
us against them. And he is one of them. A pathetic one of them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sainter27 wrote:His decision was pathetic, when people succumb to pathetic decisions, they get pathetic results. He will never be a premiership player. He will never be a
1 club player. Another very good footballer with both limited morals and even more limited intelligence. When ones goes to the footy for 3 hours it is

Hope you never leave a job because someone else offers you more money. You will be pathetic.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

One thing I love about the premier league. The supporters boo even before I.ve realized who has the ball. They even boo players that used to play for their rivals.

I'll be booing. Will set an example for the next player that thinks about leaving. :P

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I've got absolutely no problem at all with ppl booing him. We're at the footy afterall. I probably won't, but I pay scant attention to the opposition. I will however chuckle loudly if he stuffs up. He's not my mate or a family member, and to be honest I reckon for 750K a year, he should be able to handle being booed.

I certainly wouldn't be rude to him if I met him on the street or was ever introduced to him. Plenty of worse ppl around than a footballer who leaves their club for more money. BUT he was one of us, now he's one of them. I'd almost be disappointed if saints fans didn't give him a bit of curry. I'd be worried about our lack of passion. The day we become too rational at the footy is the day the footy becomes very quiet. I mean why scream your lungs out when a goal is kicked, why boo the umpire, why wear silly saints clothes to the footy? Rational ppl don't do that. I will always remember how great he was in 09/10 and I will always remember that he left US for more money.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Top post Moods… "like"

I just read this today

funi

''As much as they can offer you deals and perks along the way, I could not live with myself if I was to move to another footy club,'' he told Fairfax Media in 2009.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/g ... z2C3ErOqqt

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Wow, that's one that's going to come back and haunt him.

I was more interested in yesterdays HS story, where he says he expects to play 95% as an inside mid.

I truly still believe that meant more than the extra 100K a year...

I still think he can do it and effectively, especially with the kind of service Ryder/Bellchambers will give him. I've heard heaps of people refer to his midfield performance last year when Lenny was missing, but all the mids did terrible and it was the ruckman that was eventually dropped...and the senior coach that took control of the stoppages from Harves.

Will be interesting....that's for sure.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I still think he can do it and effectively, especially with the kind of service Ryder/Bellchambers will give him. I've heard heaps of people refer to his midfield performance last year when Lenny was missing, but all the mids did terrible and it was the ruckman that was eventually dropped...and the senior coach that took control of the stoppages from Harves.Will be interesting....that's for sure.

Is that so? Which Ruckman got dropped? I can't remember. Bit of an indictment on Harves as a coach if that was the case. No wonder he didn't make the final cut as a senior coach.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
SainterK wrote:I still think he can do it and effectively, especially with the kind of service Ryder/Bellchambers will give him. I've heard heaps of people refer to his midfield performance last year when Lenny was missing, but all the mids did terrible and it was the ruckman that was eventually dropped...and the senior coach that took control of the stoppages from Harves.Will be interesting....that's for sure.

Is that so? Which Ruckman got dropped? I can't remember. Bit of an indictment on Harves as a coach if that was the case. No wonder he didn't make the final cut as a senior coach.
After a dismal few weeks of getting thrashed in the middle, it was Ben that made way....

It was pretty widely reported at the time that Ross was going to step in and take over the stoppages, I can probably find it later.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I knew he wanted to play in the middle.

kimberly saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
sainter27 wrote:His decision was pathetic, when people succumb to pathetic decisions, they get pathetic results. He will never be a premiership player. He will never be a

Hope you never leave a job because someone else offers you more money. You will be pathetic.
i dont agree with the comment that his desicion is pathetic , but i would think playing football with best mates etc would make it a bit different to just leaving a job. Why cant a player just come out and state the truth, i left cause the money and contract was to good to refuse at this stage of my playing time. Not white lie stuff life training facilties etc.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

i dont agree with the comment that his desicion is pathetic , but i would think playing football with best mates etc would make it a bit different to just leaving a job. Why cant a player just come out and state the truth, i left cause the money and contract was to good to refuse at this stage of my playing time. Not white lie stuff life training facilties etc.

Like a job they become mates after they get there. Their job is footy. It is an emotional game on the day but it is like any other job when its not game day. I dont think they will ever mention money as the reason because most of the public dot like that. And he probably does have other reasons as well but money would have been a big reason. lets face it he wouldnt have gone for less money.

Fishsticks

I dont mind booing and Goddard will expect it but reckon there would be nothing worse than being told by an Essendon supporter that you've booed Goddard more than 30 times today...

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Fishsticks wrote:I dont mind booing and Goddard will expect it but reckon there would be nothing worse than being told by an Essendon supporter that you've booed Goddard more than 30 times today...
I don't reckon that will happen. Saints coaching staff know that Goddard hates being played closely, and will also know how dangerous he can be if left on his own. We all know that Goddard can't shake a tag. I'd be surprsied if he plays well against us.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Fishsticks wrote:I dont mind booing and Goddard will expect it but reckon there would be nothing worse than being told by an Essendon supporter that you've booed Goddard more than 30 times today...
I don't reckon that will happen. Saints coaching staff know that Goddard hates being played closely, and will also know how dangerous he can be if left on his own. We all know that Goddard can't shake a tag. I'd be surprsied if he plays well against us.
Well it's hard to tag BJ and Jobe, which will help Dons next year.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

What I would like to see when we play them is BJ comfortably their best player, but we smash them by 15 goals... Would shut him up about better facilities, closer to a flag etc.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Moods wrote:
i dont think its all that hard to tag both of them dempster to one and jones to the other.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Moods wrote:
i dont think its all that hard to tag both of them dempster to one and jones to the other.

Are we trying to win the game?

SaintTom
Club Player

Ralphy wrote:i get the leaving for money thing id do the same (he isnt worth it at all they will see that)

BUT
He Lied he was leaving all year.... no doubt about that
Yes i will be booing him.... he is no longer a stkilda player whether im still a fan or not is another story...
I actually do doubt that. I wouldn't be surprised if he was honest when his first option would have been to stay a Saint. When, however, we were not forthcoming with a four year contract (which I believe he always thought we would eventually) he moved somewhere where he would be paid more and for longer. Nothing wrong with that.

jmac101
Club Player

I'll be booing for sure.

I'm a bit of an NBA fan in the summer and was listening to a podcast where they talked about a similar situation with Ray Allen going to Miami Heat. The ex-player on the podcast said words to the effect of "I hope they boo him, and I hope there is animosity, they can forgive him when they have all retired".

That'll be my attitude. He left us. I'll boo him like I boo Luke Ball. Will get over it when they have all retired. It's all part of the irrational, tribal theatre of footy that we all love.