Linen House centre from above

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Linen House centre from above

saintspremiers wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Drove past Linen House Centre on the new M11 Peninsula Freeway..

If a spy from another club wants to pull over in the emergency stopping lane to watch training, Scott won't be able to stop them...

Great view from the Freeway....
Maybe if someone has some mates in Gaza they get some ammo planted on Fwy at that point to stop any intruders :lol:
and if someone knows anyone in the IAF maybe the club can get a hold of a US built AH -64 Apache helicopter gunship to blow them away. :wink:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Kickit
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:Drove past Linen House Centre on the new M11 Peninsula Freeway..

If a spy from another club wants to pull over in the emergency stopping lane to watch training, Scott won't be able to stop them...

Great view from the Freeway....
Photograph the spy and his number plate. I'm pretty sure that the traffic authorities would take a dim view of using the emergency lane for spying on footy.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Linen Houes centre from above

GrumpyOne wrote: Can be no complaints about Seaford's location now that the freeway is built.
thats because you live there mate.

the place is a hole, not just Linnen House but the whole 10km radius of it.
the freeway was built to avoid Frankston, the traffic, and the dangers of driving through it. For most people using the eastlink they will be coming from north, so it would save 1 maybe 2 minutes using the new freeway, the location doesnt change because of the freeway, its still s***.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote: Can be no complaints about Seaford's location now that the freeway is built.

the freeway was built to avoid Frankston, the traffic, and the dangers of driving through it. For most people using the eastlink they will be coming from north, so it would save 1 maybe 2 minutes using the new freeway, the location doesnt change because of the freeway, its still s***.

You really are a tosser. So 10k around Seaford is a hole. Isnt Mt Eliza within 10 k and parts of Frankston are better than mosts parts of Moorabbin. The other way there is Mordialloc and Chelsea.

The dangers of driving through Frankston having nothing to do with the place or the people but the traffic.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saintdooley wrote:

Spoken like a private school twat.

Only one or two minutes saved driving from the north???? That, and your other comments about location show that you have not got the foggiest idea about Seaford and Frankston.

As if I'd take any notice of someone who can't even spell the name of our training facility.... :roll:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

Spoken like a private school twat.

Only one or two minutes saved driving from the north???? That, and your other comments about location show that you have not got the foggiest idea about Seaford and Frankston.

As if I'd take any notice of someone who can't even spell the name of our training facility.... :roll:
+1 to this and P66 post. What a chesse d!ck you are Dooley. BTW, I can see your zits from where I sit at Etihad. LMFAO.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

chesse dick. ive never been called that one before. thats a good one.

I know a fair bit about seaford and frangs Plugzaa. how do you think i get down to portsea???

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:chesse dick. ive never been called that one before. thats a good one.

I know a fair bit about seaford and frangs Plugzaa. how do you think i get down to portsea???

Helicopter?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:chesse dick. ive never been called that one before. thats a good one.

Helicopter?
we replaced the landing pad with a tennis court, so no. just car and yhat.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

In the back of Daddy's Jag, sunglasses and air-con, absorbed in Call of Duty.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Helicopter?
Reminnds me of what my ex used to say (western district Merton hall wench)..."by chopper darling, chopper"...when she said it she said it like she had a massive carrot up her arse.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Helicopter?
Reminnds me of what my ex used to say (western district Merton hall wench)..."by chopper darling, chopper"...when she said it she said it like she had a massive carrot up her arse.
Was the question "Who were you screwed by last?"

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Was the question "Who were you screwed by last?"
who said last? :D

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

saintdooley wrote: thats because you live there mate.

Life has a wonderful way of chewing up over-privileged little softcock smartarses like you and spitting them out. I know, because life uses people like me to do it.........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Ice Wolf
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:

There are no more dangers of driving through Frankston than anywhere else!

Stopping in Frankston well that's another story :wink:

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

]

Are you up Topsy's arse or something?[/quote]

I will ignore that question as you are a fellow St Kilda supporter, but I will just clarify what I meant as I see that my reply may have seemed arrogant.

I live in Kingston actually so Moorabbin or Seaford are both fine for me, but the Kingston City Council have done nothing for St Kilda FC during their entire tenancy. Nothing. While our main rival during our succesful era, Hawthorn, left Glenferrie for Princes Park and achieved Premiership success again, again, again,and again, and again, on the back of largely a list made up of a large Frankston zone, we wallowed at Moorabbin. The Hawks had nowhere near the support of St Kilda during their extended really succesful era, but have turned that around since the 90s.
St Kilda almost folded in 1984 and then again in 1995, due to many reasons, but one thing that has remained a constant is that the area around Seaford produces two things that the club needs; talent and YOUNG supporters in their droves. I know a lot of people around Moorabbin and Cheltenham and none of them seem to follow St Kilda. Chelsea and Seaford, Mt Eliza etc is a completely different story.
When we recruit players from WA or Tas, or SA, do you really think that they care if they train at Moorabbin or Seaford? The council gave us no choice but to move, so we moved. Economics gives us no choice but to expand our market and play games in NZ, so we will.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:When we recruit players from WA or Tas, or SA, do you really think that they care if they train at Moorabbin or Seaford?
Yep. Kids in their late teens and early twenties. Fit young men who earn well and have a bit of fame, and so want to make the most of it by going out a lot. Would they prefer to live in the inner city so that's more convenient? And would they prefer to work relatively close to where they live?

No doubt about both of those. Most of them are likely to prefer living in Prahran or St Kilda, and so they're driving 45 minutes to work each way. No-one chooses to spend an hour and a half in the car each day. If they were training at Moorabbin it'd take 20 minutes each way. To get the same travel time to Seaford they'd need to live in Dingley. What 20 year old would choose to live in Dingley, and have a 45 minute taxi ride home from the city every Sunday morning?

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:When we recruit players from WA or Tas, or SA, do you really think that they care if they train at Moorabbin or Seaford?
Yep. Kids in their late teens and early twenties. Fit young men who earn well and have a bit of fame, and so want to make the most of it by going out a lot. Would they prefer to live in the inner city so that's more convenient? And would they prefer to work relatively close to where they live?

No doubt about both of those. Most of them are likely to prefer living in Prahran or St Kilda, and so they're driving 45 minutes to work each way. No-one chooses to spend an hour and a half in the car each day. If they were training at Moorabbin it'd take 20 minutes each way. To get the same travel time to Seaford they'd need to live in Dingley. What 20 year old would choose to live in Dingley, and have a 45 minute taxi ride home from the city every Sunday morning?
Like Lovett you mean?
Wow, if they're that soft and have that limited resilience I wouldn't want them in the first place. And why is it that the Seaford thing seems to be an issue for the players going out and getting smashed, and how the location will inhibit them doing this? They earn a lot of money mate, and owe it to themselves to get in the best condition that they can.
Just sayin'.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Tue 22 Jan 2013 9:22am, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

Given the hassles footballers have in city nightclubs, the further away the better.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

Geelong - 75 klms from the Melbourne nightlife but nonetheless 3 flags in 5 years.

Get the culture right and the location of the training facilities won't be an issue.

Superstar
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
saintspremiers wrote: Are you up Topsy's arse or something?
Stupid Comment.

Going back to Moorabbin will not happen. Full Stop.

Kingston had their chance and blew it.

More power to Frankston for seeing an opportunity and grasping it.

Time we all moved on.
Bullshyte comment GO.

It's a well known fact that Seaford's location is not ideal, and the facilities are not up to the standard required.

The club hasn't ditched Moorabbin for this very reason.

Do you live near Seaford by any chance?

Locations not an issue, if the facilities are not upto standard, well that is a problem. Especially if they were never upto standard, eg. no theatre/meeting room, no pool, players falcilities etc..

If the facilities give you a competivite edge or might be a worry if two clubs a competing for the one free agent, might be the tipping point.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Superstar wrote: Locations not an issue, if the facilities are not upto standard, well that is a problem. Especially if they were never upto standard, eg. no theatre/meeting room, no pool, players falcilities etc..
Just looking over the facilities at Linen House.... There is a lecture theatre, there is a pool, there is a gym..... what isn't up to standard?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Hope there is a Fire Plan
http://c0014654.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_109ab7f6

is one green oval enough of a fire break?
experienced country boys can give advice and find a Bulldozer

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://t.co/ZGHkUCiB
BrettAndersonIFBrett Anderson13m

I see that the Saints have taken a new approach to getting rid of opposition spies...smoke them out! #davedunbar #AFL pic.twitter.com/ZGHkUCiB

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Luke Holmesby‏@LukeHolmesby

Fire out the back of Linen House Centre looks like it's out now. I don't think it got to any club equipment.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY