Beware disgruntled ex employees

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Beware disgruntled ex employees

So obviously kyle riemers was peeved off.

I wonder if the saints and j gram came to an agreement not to air each others dirty laundry in public.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Beware disgruntled ex employees

Con Gorozidis wrote:So obviously kyle riemers was peeved off.

I wonder if the saints and j gram came to an agreement not to air each others dirty laundry in public.
Why peeved?

He told the truth.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Gershwin
Club Player

He told a secret.

summertime and the living is easy ........
saint3d
Club Player

Gershwin wrote:He told a secret.
Then the lesson is 'beware keeping secrets'.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:

Why peeved?

He told the truth.
Why didn't he tell the truth when he was getting a game?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

Why peeved?

He told the truth.
Why didn't he tell the truth when he was getting a game?
Because he didn't want to get dropped!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I think The saints may have a whole laundry truck full of Grams stubborn under stains !

In red white and black from 73
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saint3d wrote:
True dat. This is why conspiracy theories rarely have merit - because humans aren't great at keeping secrets. At least while they're alive.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
saint3d wrote:
True dat. This is why conspiracy theories rarely have merit - because humans aren't great at keeping secrets. At least while they're alive.
Exactly. Keeping secrets is something we're not biologically hardwired to do. Concealing information from the group and practising deception amongst your own is, in an evolutionary sense, very detrimental to the overall well being of your tribe. I do note, that some have a special talent for overcoming this discomfort, but they are in the minority. It's why I agree with you, Bergholt. Conspiracy theorists will have us believe that man didn't walk on the moon, that aliens crashed at Roswell and that there is a world government led by reptilian ET's. Somewhere along the line, if these things were in fact true, someone would've spilled the beans. As a species, we're terrible at keeping secrets, especially if we've been scorned, or excluded, by the group. That's when one of the strongest instincts we have takes over. The desire for revenge.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:

I think The saints may have a whole laundry truck full of Grams stubborn under stains !
Yes - I suspect that too.

Riemers was happy to be in on the 'system' when he was in the system. But when he got the ass he cracked it. Like most whistleblowers.
Look at how Lance got busted - when Floyd Landers got the ass from US Postal and they wouldnt take him back he cracked it and went public. That started the whole snow-ball.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I think Grams "secrets" should be viewed as court injunctions/supression orders and no-one is going to blab the want to face up to so contempt of court charges

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

if lying is not evolutionarily advantageous then why is it that psychopaths tend to outperform others in the workplace?

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote:if lying is not evolutionarily advantageous then why is it that psychopaths tend to outperform others in the workplace?
Even if that's true, it would only have an evolutionary implication if they also had more children than others.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote:if lying is not evolutionarily advantageous then why is it that psychopaths tend to outperform others in the workplace?
Some succeed, that's for sure. But psychopathy is not all about the ability to deceive. It's far more complex than that. Plenty of psychopaths, if not the vast majority don't succeed. They do better in some professions, but generally speaking psychopaths/sociopaths are also over represented in prison populations, hardly a sign of success. I guess the law is a good reflection of what has made our societies successful. That is, the majority of people believe deception is detrimental to the common good. These ancient beliefs eventually evolved into the common law, and in modern societies, through legislation. Ask yourself this, would you enjoy being labelled a liar? Doesn't our society value personal integrity above most things? There are always exceptions, but believing that cheats and psychopaths prosper is a case of confirmation bias, I'm afraid. If psychopaths were successful in the evolutionary sense, then that's what the majority of us would be.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Some succeed, that's for sure. But psychopathy is not all about the ability to deceive. It's far more complex than that. Plenty of psychopaths, if not the vast majority don't succeed. They do better in some professions, but generally speaking psychopaths/sociopaths are also over represented in prison populations, hardly a sign of success. I guess the law is a good reflection of what has made our societies successful. That is, the majority of people believe deception is detrimental to the common good. These ancient beliefs eventually evolved into the common law, and in modern societies, through legislation. Ask yourself this, would you enjoy being labelled a liar? Doesn't our society value personal integrity above most things? There are always exceptions, but believing that cheats and psychopaths prosper is a case of confirmation bias, I'm afraid. If psychopaths were successful in the evolutionary sense, then that's what the majority of us would be.

I always thought there were plenty of psychopaths who worked in our so called trusted institutions like banks and governments. Funny that they keep stuffing up over and over again. Society and it's so called trusted institutions cheat and lie and this is what this is all about.

Society does not value integrity at all. It values stuff like success defined as fame and wealth.

As your point on conspiracy theories ie "they're out there", undermine and trivialize bias, prejudice, powerful pr, propaganda and institutional power.

We basically live in a cess pool of bullsh!t and I think you know it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I notice the Lance Armstrong tactic of vilifying and attacking the messenger re drugs is being applied to Reimes. McVeigh completely trashed him on SEN.

Talk about shooting the messenger. He must have watched 4 corners on Monday night to get tips :roll:

Also McVeigh you LIAR. You dont need a "sterile environment" to have an injection. All you need is the needle to be sterile. He used this excuse for the off premesis injection of substances because "football clubs are dirty places" - he actually said this on SEN.

The fool think we came doen in the last shower and expexct us to believe his idiocies. Has anybody ever had a flu shot at work? Did you need a sterile environment? Or was it a spare office the nurse was set up in? District nurses go into filthy places and administer injections all the time.

This McVeigh is covering something up and The Ox and the Collingwood golfer didn't even challenge him on it.

pathetic

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I notice the Lance Armstrong tactic of vilifying and attacking the messenger re drugs is being applied to Reimes. McVeigh completely trashed him on SEN.

Talk about shooting the messenger. He must have watched 4 corners on Monday night to get tips :roll:

Also McVeigh you LIAR. You dont need a "sterile environment" to have an injection. All you need is the needle to be sterile. He used this excuse for the off premesis injection of substances because "football clubs are dirty places" - he actually said this on SEN.

The fool think we came doen in the last shower and expexct us to believe his idiocies. Has anybody ever had a flu shot at work? Did you need a sterile environment? Or was it a spare office the nurse was set up in? District nurses go into filthy places and administer injections all the time.

This McVeigh is covering something up and The Ox and the Collingwood golfer didn't even challenge him on it.

pathetic

Exactly how I would hope an ex player would talk about us if we were involved or would you like the player to dob them in?

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

White Winmar wrote:believing that cheats and psychopaths prosper is a case of confirmation bias
Isn't it somewhat ironic that you would use someone elses perceived confirmation bias to put forward your own beliefs?

I wouldn't enjoy being labelled a liar. But I still lie if I think there is benefit in doing so.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I notice the Lance Armstrong tactic of vilifying and attacking the messenger re drugs is being applied to Reimes. McVeigh completely trashed him on SEN.

pathetic

Exactly how I would hope an ex player would talk about us if we were involved or would you like the player to dob them in?
Thats what Lance Armstrongs fans saisd when he trashed the reputations of people who blrew the whistle on his drug cheating.

And you would like an ex player to lie about having to have a sterile environment for injecting substances?

How strange

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

its not confirmation bias because i didnt posit any idea, i asked a question based on the ideas you posted.

id like to discuss this further with you as i ifind your ideas interesting hence why i asked the question. but its probably not on topic so ill refrain, cheers. :)

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

pathetic

Thats what Lance Armstrongs fans saisd when he trashed the reputations of people who blrew the whistle on his drug cheating.

And you would like an ex player to lie about having to have a sterile environment for injecting substances?

How strange

That may be his opinion. It may not be a lie. And you are comparing an individual to a team sport. As you say how strange. I cant believe how people can look at things on here and if it it is said by our player its good but by a player from another team he is a liar and pathetic.

Imagine if it was us in this situation, and thankfully it isnt, and one player said what Reimers said and the other said what Mc Veigh said. I can honestly say about one person would back reimers and the rest would say McVeigh knows what he is talking about. There would be no pathetic or how strange. And if you think otherwise I reckon you may be in fantasy land.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
And you are comparing an individual to a team sport..
If you think road cycling is not a team sport, then you know very little about road cycling.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
If you think road cycling is not a team sport, then you know very little about road cycling.
I know a hell of a lot about cycling. My ex wife was the Victorian road racing champion about a million years ago. However JB was talking about fans of Lance Armstrong, not fans of his various teams and that was what I was commenting on.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

I always thought there were plenty of psychopaths who worked in our so called trusted institutions like banks and governments. Funny that they keep stuffing up over and over again. Society and it's so called trusted institutions cheat and lie and this is what this is all about.

Society does not value integrity at all. It values stuff like success defined as fame and wealth.

As your point on conspiracy theories ie "they're out there", undermine and trivialize bias, prejudice, powerful pr, propaganda and institutional power.

We basically live in a cess pool of bullsh!t and I think you know it.
I thought that for a long time, mainly because I worked as a detective in homicide for quite a while. I worked with and against psychopaths. I saw our trusted institutions like the courts and government agencies from the inside. Incompetence, dishonesty and injustice were never far away. In the end though, and long after I'd lost all hope and faith in my fellow man, I was struck by an interesting thought. If everything and everyone was so corrupt, deceitful and incompetent, how on earth did society manage to function at all? Truth is, we enjoy a great standard of living and an extraordinary degree of freedom and opportunity in this country. That is because the vast majority of people do the right things, more often than not, day in and day out. They believe and support certain behavioural fundamentals.

We all fail to meet expectations, more often than we'd like to admit, and as Thoreau put it, "most men live lives of quiet desperation". In the end, I switched careers, retraining in psychology, mainly in a vain attempt to try and understand what it all meant. Stints in Iran and India also helped me reframe things. I now work mainly with what is sometimes derisively referred to as the "worried well". It means I get to interact with average folk like myself, who are usually just trying to do their best, while wrestling with life's many challenges. The bullshitters, psychopaths, liars and cheats are certainly out there, and if you believe they truly run the place, then they've won. I don't fear them or worry too much about them and i would never give them the privilege of thinking they rule my life.

Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I know a hell of a lot about cycling. My ex wife was the Victorian road racing champion about a million years ago. However JB was talking about fans of Lance Armstrong, not fans of his various teams and that was what I was commenting on.

Surprise surprise you have an EX .....give the new bride a medal...!!!
Fancy having to live with a F##king know it all .... :roll: :roll:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!