ABC VIDEO LINK.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

ABC VIDEO LINK.

This link should help all of us understand more.
If you have not already listened to it, go to,
www.abc.net.au/news
View and listen to the offsider panel.
It will certainly help those who don't believe
anything will happen.
I believe the AFL now have little say and have been told
what process to take.
Like to hear ya views after watching and listening.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: ABC VIDEO LINK.

stairwaytoheaven wrote:Like to hear ya views after watching and listening.
I think this is the direct link?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-10/a ... tion=sport

Just having a watch myself.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

heres the one from the insiders with jason claire
http://www.abc.net.au/insiders/content/ ... 687065.htm

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Thanks bergholt, i'm not really up
with modrn technology,.
The direct link you have provided is correct

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Yep Matrix, that link is a good one too.
Have watched and listened to both.
Very interesting.
It's. not over yet

matrix
Saintsational Legend

sure have

when do they tell the club and the other player involved?
next week or have they done so already?

obviously its the bombers
and also seems to be a player no longer at the club he was when he took peds :?:
wonder if and when (they are told) the club will make it public

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

good news is saints just issued a statement on their page indicating our great club is not part of this investigation. very happy and releived (though not particularly surprised) by that.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote:good news is saints just issued a statement on their page indicating our great club is not part of this investigation. very happy and releived (though not particularly surprised) by that.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-02-1 ... t-from-acc

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

great spotting

so does that mean the afl or the acc has told each club it either is or isn't in the shite?
hmmm

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote:good news is saints just issued a statement on their page indicating our great club is not part of this investigation. very happy and releived (though not particularly surprised) by that.
The point made in the Offsiders clip is that clubs themselves wouldn't know if their players had been interviewed or were under suspicion, because the ACC wouldn't be telling them...

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

that was not my understanding at all from the clips. As I understood it the investigation is 12 months in and they have evidence indicting certain players and clubs (club) and they have now making the clubs aware of their involvement (if any) in the investigation. Thats what they said in the clip anyway. Could be wrong.

Also for any libertarians on SS, do you think there is a case to be made for the AFL being a national game, to remove the restrictions on substances?
One of the problems Mr Claire points out is how much money there is to be made in the black market for organized crime. Eliminate the illegality of substances and you remove the incentive for organized crime and move it to the sphere of legitimate business. I know its utopian but just a thought.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Hardly surprising.

Our lads look like starving Afticans compared to Pies/Cats/Bombers!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote:Also for any libertarians on SS, do you think there is a case to be made for the AFL being a national game, to remove the restrictions on substances?
One of the problems Mr Claire points out is how much money there is to be made in the black market for organized crime. Eliminate the illegality of substances and you remove the incentive for organized crime and move it to the sphere of legitimate business. I know its utopian but just a thought.
The libertarians would say - and I agree - that the government shouldn't get involved in sport at all. It's not exactly a crucial function for society that requires a massive bureaucracy to support it.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I like the way Francis had a serious go at Caroline over her ASADA articles… made her look a bit silly suggesting that they should have given the AFL a nudge, which in effect would have compromised the entire investigation.

The last thing we want to see is these cheats getting an early warning that they are being watched, therefor foiling a potential charge.

lloyd21
Club Player

ABC VIDEO LINK.

Definitely think some players are in deep trouble phone conversations with known criminals as said before the rules pretty clear. Have been taped on record.
Essendon's president said no none tested positive of course not they are thru the system before detection .
Ben Cousins never was detected but suspended for bringing game into disrepute .The interigity guys are going to busy.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I like the way Francis had a serious go at Caroline over her ASADA articles… made her look a bit silly suggesting that they should have given the AFL a nudge, which in effect would have compromised the entire investigation.

The last thing we want to see is these cheats getting an early warning that they are being watched, therefor foiling a potential charge.
I didn't interpret it that way at all. I think the point she was making was that if ASADA were on the ball in the first place then we would not be in such a state. She also said that they had received 500K funding from the AFL. It's the ACC who are conducting the investigation and have the powers to phone tap and interview who ever they want not ASADA.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintTom
Club Player

The club "believes" it practices best practice protocols?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

It is a good point that, as AFL is never going to become an international sport, it would perhaps be reasonable for it to take a more lenient approach towards banned substances.

If I were the AFL, I'd start with recreational drugs: it was their own idea to have this "ban " (a 3 strikes policy isn't a ban anyway: really, the whole policy is so silly!).

Perhaps some other substances could be allowed to aid recovery after injury if administered by a doctor under some national medical guidelines.

And any substance whatsoever that can be shown to be basically harmless should be allowed regardless of whether it is "performance-enhancing" or not.

But I'm afraid that my system would leave most of things the cheats want to use - roids, HGH, EPO, etc -on the list. I can't really see how the use of these - which have known long-term side effects - could ever be sanctioned without the AFL and the clubs becoming liable for compensating players who are adversely affected later in life.

And I doubt that Federal and State Governments would allow any leniency by the AFL. The Feds seem to be in fully-fledged "war on drugs" mode ATM.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift