GWS v Saints Match Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

Re: GWS v Saints Match Thread

relax. 40 degrees with Scotty tellin em just dont go too hard AND GWS going hard wanting a win in front of the locals. Having said that still a disgrace to lose to them

Does it bug anyone else that GWS will win basically 4-6 flags from 2016-2026. It dosnt bother me.

This is why you shouldnt base your love of a club on success. I lpove the saints for the being the saints. We are a colorful club, we are one of the orignials, we have arguably more top 20 players of all time than most if not every club (harvs, Lockett, bulldock, stewart) YET not much success. 1913, 1971, 1997, 2009, 2010 I mean my god could any other club lose these flags? hahah its not funny but kinda just so weird you have to laugh and say, well thats us. We are the saints CARN THE SAINTS!!

SMS
Club Player

relax. 40 degrees with Scotty tellin em just dont go too hard AND GWS going hard wanting a win in front of the locals. Having said that still a disgrace to lose to them

Does it bug anyone else that GWS will win basically 4-6 flags from 2016-2026. It dosnt bother me.

This is why you shouldnt base your love of a club on success. I lpove the saints for the being the saints. We are a colorful club, we are one of the orignials, we have arguably more top 20 players of all time than most if not every club (harvs, Lockett, bulldock, stewart) YET not much success. 1913, 1971, 1997, 2009, 2010 I mean my god could any other club lose these flags? hahah its not funny but kinda just so weird you have to laugh and say, well thats us. We are the saints CARN THE SAINTS!!

Buckets
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:If it means absolutely nothing, why fly up there and play..... After what I saw on the stream, I'd be surprised if Scotty didn't tear them a new arse it would be disappointing....

Steven, great work rate.... Unbelievable decision making?! How many of his field possessions are even effective?? The boy can find the footy... Is that a good thing. And why would Milney go, if he wasn't going to be fair dinkum??

Really, it was a pathetic effort.... But I remember our pre sason form meant nothing last year either, even our R1 loss was OK... Until people realised it would cost us a finals spot?!

In the pre season

We've played port, GWS, Melbourne.... Not a good side between them, and were 1/2.... Played well vs Central Districts

Oh BM do you ever have anything good to say?

Why fly up there? Hmmm let's see, because the AFL says they have to might have something to do with it....

Port played the swans today and won, GWS only lost to both the blues and the lions and yet the Blues and Lions are eyeing off top 8 spots.

You look at the effort of the two teams one was going through the motions the other really wanted a win in a praccy match.

No injuries and we have the ability to work on disposal before Rd 1.

People making out that its the end of the world... :shock:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:
dragit wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Its a praccy game. Absolutely no meaning in it whatsoever

BANG BANG
Why would you be even looking at this thread if it so pointless…

It may mean little, but if we are going to have a thread discussing this match, well we have been playing very ordinary football.
Yeah, lets attack each other because we are annoyed the side got done in a praccy. Thats productive

BANG BANG
Sorry mate, I'm not attacking you…
just saying…
we are here to talk about a match,
we are playing pretty awful footy, that's a fact.
but everyone keeps dismissing it because it's only a practise match,
yet last week, we were a monty for a finals spot because we looked good against Melbourne.

I expect us to be looking reasonably sharp at this point in the pre-season, but we looked very sloppy.
Hopefully it's the heat or some extra loading at training.

andrewg
Club Player

BigMart wrote:If it means absolutely nothing, why fly up there and play..... After what I saw on the stream, I'd be surprised if Scotty didn't tear them a new arse it would be disappointing....

Steven, great work rate.... Unbelievable decision making?! How many of his field possessions are even effective?? The boy can find the footy... Is that a good thing. And why would Milney go, if he wasn't going to be fair dinkum??

Really, it was a pathetic effort.... But I remember our pre sason form meant nothing last year either, even our R1 loss was OK... Until people realised it would cost us a finals spot?!

In the pre season

We've played port, GWS, Melbourne.... Not a good side between them, and were 1/2.... Played well vs Central Districts
chill pill just a practice game
not about winning at this stage, still 2 weeks till first game
+ no injuries so a bonus

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Positives.

joey- vintage display
Jack Steven- outstanding contribution
Newnes- started really well but faded
Hickey- excellent tap work and good around the ground too
Maister- works his arse off and makes life easier for the other forwards
Gilbert- again faded but some great plays
Milera- looked the bast of our small forwards
Lee- worked hard and showed that he is a potential player

Negatives

Milney- worst game for years
Defence- missed too many to look effective
Umpires- worst officiated game so far this NAB series.

andrewg
Club Player

gringo wrote:Positives.

joey- vintage display
Jack Steven- outstanding contribution
Newnes- started really well but faded
Hickey- excellent tap work and good around the ground too
Maister- works his arse off and makes life easier for the other forwards
Gilbert- again faded but some great plays
Milera- looked the bast of our small forwards
Lee- worked hard and showed that he is a potential player

Negatives

Milney- worst game for years
Defence- missed too many to look effective
Umpires- worst officiated game so far this NAB series.
the umpires were laughable TBO but is doesnt matter
+1 on defence. will look very different rnd 1
Jack Steven is a very exciting prospect

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Oh help, the sky is falling! We lost a meaningless practice match against a meaniness opponent in a meaningless venue. Oh no, our season is doomed! Let 's see how we go when the real stuff starts!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh no - does this mean we cant win the flag this year?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand the obsession with the heat thing. Why is it a bad thing?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Oh help, the sky is falling! We lost a meaningless practice match against a meaniness opponent in a meaningless venue. Oh no, our season is doomed! Let 's see how we go when the real stuff starts!
I don't think anyone is saying "the sky is falling"
Meant to be a thread discussing a practice game, but every second post seems to be people saying "it doesn't matter, it doesn't mean anything"
We were pretty ordinary today, whether or not it means anything, who knows. that is all.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Oh no - does this mean we cant win the flag this year?
Obviously JB. And the economy is F$&@ed as well. Life as we know it is over.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:I don't understand the obsession with the heat thing. Why is it a bad thing?

It's alright for you troppo northern folks but it plays havoc with our sensitive southern skin and can curdle our moisturiser. If god wanted us to spend time outside of aircon he wouldn't have invented spray tans.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:

Don't tell anyone we got smashed by Port Adelaide as well then.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:I don't understand the obsession with the heat thing. Why is it a bad thing?

It's alright for you troppo northern folks but it plays havoc with our sensitive southern skin and can curdle our moisturiser. If god wanted us to spend time outside of aircon he wouldn't have invented spray tans.
but i still don't understand why it's a bad thing

70s sainter
Club Player

SMS wrote:relax. 40 degrees with Scotty tellin em just dont go too hard AND GWS going hard wanting a win in front of the locals. Having said that still a disgrace to lose to them

Thanks for the reminder.
Another run in the heat with no injuries , so its def not a disaster.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

Don't tell anyone we got smashed by Port Adelaide as well then.
Another meaningful result. A mickey mouse game, played in 40 degree heat against a fresh and eager opponent. wow, ased on that, it's season over. I think I'll pack up now and not watch us at all this year. We are obviously rooted. :roll:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I do believe its hot for both sides...

It's not a loss that's worrying, like last year... You don't win points in March?!

But inability to play good footy is concerning, player form is concerning.... Result itself is is actuall meaningless.. How we played is a different matter.... Scotty would have been asking question one would hope??

And having a week to iron out issues??? We've had 4 months working on skills, game style...and we can fix them in a week....surely we jest..... Dress rehearsal showed usual deficiencies.... Not sure they can be corrected.

Having said that.... I've seen things to suggest we can mix it..... Not in this game though

creepypolar
Club Player

interesting point about the live blog...i mean it was great having Luke do it and kept everyone in the loop.However, I tried about 7 times to tell the fans and him that there was a live stream too but my comment kept getting blocked! marketing??

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

How many clubs have been world beaters as late as June - then crash out and don't even make the eight..?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I bet if we'd won by 100+ points there would be a whole lot of cocks crowing.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I bet if we'd won by 100+ points there would be a whole lot of cocks crowing.
I'm still chuffed we beat "the Premiers" the other week :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Looked lethargic and devoid of energy or interest! My biggest concern was our skills with the same players butchering the ball, it must be demoralising for their team mates leading at them only to see the ball kicked directly to your opponent.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

how did we go???

SMS
Club Player

creepypolar wrote:interesting point about the live blog...i mean it was great having Luke do it and kept everyone in the loop.However, I tried about 7 times to tell the fans and him that there was a live stream too but my comment kept getting blocked! marketing??
Of course. This is 2013. Advertising is premium value.

Even in a praccie match. funny isnt it. but thats the world we live in. labour are trying to correct this a little bit, but look what happened. Shuit down made out to be communists. Money rules all never forget that and youll be fine.

Seriously, id say 80% of marriages and relationships simply ones money and power status.