Rooey Given up on flag

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rooey Given up on flag

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:yeah cause when GT said his comment about 3 flags in the next ten years that went down so well ..... lets just take it one game at a time round one next week lets just work on winning that then turn the attention to round 2 ...
Success doesn't come about accidentally. Everything starts with a dream and GT and the club clearly defined exactly what our dreams and goals were

If Roo or any other leader at the club stops dreaming and if the drive or if the compelling hope is lost, they need to reconsider their leadership role

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:
saintbrat wrote:he did not say he had given up on the flag
he mearly stated that winning one is not a panacea that will ensure future happiness- there are many premieship players who do not have happy lives.

http://media.theage.com.au/sport/afl-re ... 22106.html
Either interpretation is relevant...

he is saying, or hinting, that we won't win one whilst he is playing

We most likely won't win one whilst I am breathing....................pity about that

Please head to the checkout soon, Bob, as the rest of us still want a flag! :D

Saint supporter since '62
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:Somtimes when you're calm and at peace, these things just happen...

a flag will come when you least expect it.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Some of you pessimists here need to remember some of the good years we have had out of nowhere

97 - lost four out of first five - stone motherless last, then go on a massive winning streak to finish on top for the second time ever, beating all comers including beating the team of the nineties in an epic prelim to sail into our fifth ever grand final

2008 - gone for all money until Lyon banishes some of our stars to the reserves, another winning streak, including flogging Essendon by well over a hundred points for the first time in a hundred and thirty five years and walloping the Magpies on the G so badly in a final that their supporters went home at three quarter time dragging their tails behind them.

I think we may make the finals again this year and if we can then we are on our way back.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:Some of you pessimists here need to remember some of the good years we have had out of nowhere

97 - lost four out of first five - stone motherless last, then go on a massive winning streak to finish on top for the second time ever, beating all comers including beating the team of the nineties in an epic prelim to sail into our fifth ever grand final

2008 - gone for all money until Lyon banishes some of our stars to the reserves, another winning streak, including flogging Essendon by well over a hundred points for the first time in a hundred and thirty five years and walloping the Magpies on the G so badly in a final that their supporters went home at three quarter time dragging their tails behind them.

I think we may make the finals again this year and if we can then we are on our way back.
I am a pessimist, but that is a good post.

Saints94
SS Life Member

samuraisaint wrote:Some of you pessimists here need to remember some of the good years we have had out of nowhere

+100.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:
SainterK wrote:Somtimes when you're calm and at peace, these things just happen...

This must be our year then.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:

This must be our year then.

I cant remember winning the flag in 1984.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

I am a firm believer that if we trade well again this year that we can replenish pretty bloody quickly.

At least with the coaching structure in place the youngens will get a good go.

The ones that make it? Great

The ones that don't? So be it and lets find more that do make it.

Simple really.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I agree with St Trav. Every sport I can think of, motor racing, golf, tennis, whatever, they never really look too far ahead because you must focus on the next match. Keep winning, or when u falter, find out why and work on a fix, and the end result will take care of itself. Sure its a cliche but its the only way to operate!

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:I agree with St Trav. Every sport I can think of, motor racing, golf, tennis, whatever, they never really look too far ahead because you must focus on the next match. Keep winning, or when u falter, find out why and work on a fix, and the end result will take care of itself. Sure its a cliche but its the only way to operate!

Harlam Globetrotters always look at winning 5 years in advance.