And while we are at it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

And while we are at it

Why are there so many rules against impeding the player - tripping, high tackle, hands in the back - there should be two rules - illegally impeding the player and dangerous tackle - no too high, too low, too fast, too slow - no protected areas. If the player who has the ball and is illegally interferred with, call the free, if he gets a tap on the shoulder, but it does not impede him disposing of the ball, why should a free result.

I know it is not perfect, but anything is better than the free given against our Lenny, when the impact was so minimal as to be none at all.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Re: And while we are at it

The umpire made a mistake. No more than that. They make several every game, as do players and coaches.

Not a fan of the rule myself, but in this case it was simply applied incorrectly.