Brendon Goddard you star

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

snowdelisaint
Club Player

Re: Brendon Goddard you star

The video is on the Fox Footy website if anyone hasn't seen it

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Never had an issue with him going

Our window had closed, they offered him $300k more...

He was there when we were a big chance and gave it everything he had

Of course he loves the Saints, and showed it tonight, good on you BJ

Nee!
Richter
SS Life Member

snowdelisaint wrote:The video is on the Fox Footy website if anyone hasn't seen it
Cheers, just watched it. Confirms what I thought.

"I'm emotional, I don't know why..."

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Do you know a time when Lenny was offered 300k more to leave.

I do know that BJ, Ball and Dal have been contracts elsewhere at the conclusion and stayed.... Not substantially more

I understand Lenny has generally signed before his contract expiration because I suppose he and his management have been happy with his re numeration. ... He was not a target of the new clubs or effected by free agency. Lenny has been in the top 2/3 highest contracts since 2005 deservedly. What reason did he have to leave.

Gary Jnr left the club he had grown up around and his name was a part of the fabric.

Every player has their price.... Please don't be dumb enough to think otherwise....

Why are we making an analogy with a player who played through the 70s and 80s when football was played I the suburbs on Saturaday afternoons, training a were after work and players held down full time jobs and got match payments an bonuses...

Robert Harvey did leave StK and told them where to shove the assistant coaching job offer last year. Another player who was very well renumerated by StK and the highest paid player for a long period.

Tony Lockett walked with a big offer on the table
Barry Hall similarly

Every year we see players squeezed out of clubs, sometimes unwillingly but
Hardwick, blumfield, caracella, Headland... The list goes on....

If you think players will accept a deal that is hundreds of many thousands of dollars short or contract security ..... Out of loyalty
You've got your head up your arse....

As long as they are getting the terms they are generally worth they'll stay.... But won't sacrifice large earning power to be loyal to a jumper.... Why would they, clubs spit out players as soon as they think they're not worth it....

This is not amateur hour.

StK fans should know better than anyone
We've had more stars walk than most

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Miss ya BJ

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:StK means more to him in opposition than at least 12 players wearing the f***ing jumper!!!

He (like L Ball) are two StK champion people who unfortunately didn't want to be kept?

His raw emotion after the game, which was real is what I'd like to see from some pathetic current players who don't seem to care
BJ...Most overated $800K player in the competition.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

800?

What?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nice personal abuse SR...... Struck a nerve yeah?!

And
No, that would be Tom Scully.... Goddard is a dual AA player and has played 210 games... He's no hack

Essendons list management looks slightly better than our in 2013... Do you dispute that?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: Essendons list management looks slightly better than our in 2013... Do you dispute that?

My posts on our poor drafting of kids is well known, so your point is what?

Goddard left for money. If he cared about the jumper he would have stayed. So lets not get all emotional for someone who went for the $ .
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 21 Apr 2013 2:32am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fingers
Saintsational Legend

I think we need to separate business decisions and feelings. BJ made a business decision. And that's ok. Doesn't mean his feelings may say something else.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

My two cents. I genuinely believe he was absolutely spent from the match and got caught in the emotion of it all. I don't begrudge him for leaving us for more money (I didn't begrudge Ross either. It's not just a game to these people like us - its a business. It's THEIR business. It's THEIR livelihood)

People have short memories. Not even three years ago we were celebrating a mark and goal this man took in a grand final because we thought it had won us a premiership. Must have been a while because back then I had no kids. Now I have two. Goes to show a lot can change in three years.

All the best Brendan.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Nice personal abuse SR...... Struck a nerve yeah?!

And
No, that would be Tom Scully.... Goddard is a dual AA player and has played 210 games... He's no hack

Essendons list management looks slightly better than our in 2013... Do you dispute that?

Does the club do anything right in your eyes. The more I see of our club and where we are at the more I realise why they let BJ go. I have no doubt at all you would be bagging the club for keeping BJ had we been one and three. You would have said why bankrupt the club when we know we are on the way down. Must have loved last nights result BM. Losing and BJ going well. Gives you more ammunition to bag the club. You love us losing. Your posts triple and you start threads threads. Some at least see you for what you are. its a pity there are others that actually think you know your footy.

kaos theory
Club Player

BJ could have stayed for less money. He chose to leave for a LOT more money. s*** happens....The last 2 years he wasn't playing anywhere near the value of the money he was asking. FACT. For us to pay him what he wanted would have been stupid and damaging to our changes to re-build our club.

So he has mixed emotions, he still feels strongly for our club.....like seeing an old girlfriend going through a tough time.....He is human it is natural to have these feelings. Nothing unusual about that.

Trevor Barker, Hayes, Harvey, Loewe, etc. all got huge offers throughout their careers to leave the saints. They didn't, and this was often at times when our club was a basket case. BJ did.....I don't wish him ill, but I care more about our club, and those that choose to stay.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

No problem with Goddard going.

Did his best for us for 10 years, played with a broken nose and collar bone in the 2009 GF, nearly won us the 2010 GF.

Went for money money and a chance at a flag. Good luck.

Hope when we land a FA he isn't branded a traitor. Really dumb to think loyalty is from players.

Thats why I dont believe his crocodile tears last night.

But if genuine, what a slap in the face for his new teammates. Still carrying a candle a club he torched for money money?

Character issues there for sure.

No wonder some of his ex teammantes who would know his true character more than anyone here wanted nothing to do with him after the siren last night.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Does the club do anything right in your eyes. The more I see of our club and where we are at the more I realise why they let BJ go. I have no doubt at all you would be bagging the club for keeping BJ had we been one and three. You would have said why bankrupt the club when we know we are on the way down. Must have loved last nights result BM. Losing and BJ going well. Gives you more ammunition to bag the club. You love us losing. Your posts triple and you start threads threads. Some at least see you for what you are. its a pity there are others that actually think you know your footy.
Come on P66, its BM's time to shine. We are finally on the backward slide, now BM can show how brilliant he is and how it was he only only he, that predicted we would go down the ladder.

Apparently you can stay a top four team forever, all you ahve to do is draft Cousins, Darling and play Armo in 2009.

Cut the guy some slack, P66 it the day have finally arrived for BM, his dissappointments are not embodied in the football club he supports.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Firstly

Darling would be nice.... He's no Tom Lee but....

I can never prove Ben would have made any difference, but I'm allowed to suggest.... Just like you can't prove otherwise.

Evidence suggests Armo would have been better than Eddy because on of those is well gone, and was shortly after

Secondly, I was laughed at by you JB in 2009/10 for criticising exactly what I thought was going to happen? You were so short sighted that you couldn't see the forest for trees.... Now the trees are right in front of you

Also
I am not happy! I'd rather be enjoying success
But in a way, I do like to see apologists unable to find excuses, or attempt to make pathetic ones.
Even go as far as saying, poor performance should be expected, and embraced!!

Questions to the apologists and liars, who are convincing themselves we are just fading because of natural evolution

Explain why
2005 premiers won in 2012 and are 3/1 now
2006 premiers went to the bottom (cox, Kerr, emblemy injured...Judd gone) quickly back into prelim.. Not a prolonged rebuild
2007 premiers enough said. They have been at the very top for 7 years
2008 premiers GF in 2012.. Could win in 2013
201o premiers I reckon will be in third GF in 4 years

Only club that has really fallen
Western Bulldogs....

Question is

Who is responsible for the lack of forward planning??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Secondly, I was laughed at by you JB in 2009/10 for criticising exactly what I thought was going to happen? You were so short sighted that you couldn't see the forest for trees.... Now the trees are right in front of you
yes thats right because we were never going to slide down the ladder :roll:

Only you could see that.
BigMart wrote:I am not happy! I'd rather be enjoying success
You actually come across as a ver sad person BigMart
BigMart wrote: But in a way, I do like to see apologists unable to find excuses, or attempt to make pathetic ones.
Even go as far as saying, poor performance should be expected, and embraced!!
Embraced???. I think you are the only one satisified that we are losing.

Some people are realists. It was painfully obvious Lyon had a High Risk High Reward strategy and that we would be burnt don the track. The risk was we didn't win a flag.

Well that happened.

Was it worth it to have a shot at a flag? You might not think so but I suggest most Saints fans thought it was.
BigMart wrote:Questions to the apologists and liars, who are convincing themselves we are just fading because of natural evolution
So what else is it? What happened to Collingwood after 2002-2003? What happened to Brisbane? WCE? Sydney?

The AFl is set up for this to happen. But no its all a conspiracy from the apologists and liars.

You deal in delusion and hypotheticals.

BigMart wrote:Explain why
2005 premiers won in 2012 and are 3/1 now
6 years between 2006 and 2012.
BigMart wrote:2006 premiers went to the bottom (cox, Kerr, emblemy injured...Judd gone) quickly back into prelim.. Not a prolonged rebuild
6 years and they are looking decidely dodgey this year so far
BigMart wrote:2007 premiers enough said. They have been at the very top for 7 years
Geelong had the advantage of four father sons with three being absolute champions. They also recruited better than the Saints from 2008-10
BigMart wrote:2008 premiers GF in 2012.. Could win in 2013
We at the bottom of the ladder for over a decade before getting a bunch of high draft picks.
BigMart wrote:201o premiers I reckon will be in third GF in 4 years
Went right down the ladder after 2003 and only really came good in 2010 - 7 years.

BigMart wrote:Who is responsible for the lack of forward planning??
All the clubs about went down the ladder for a minimun six years. We are two years into it.

Thanks for proving what most rational people on here have been saying.

Irrationality, delusion, and motherhood generalisations dont cut it BM.

Oh you forgot another cliche. You should have been able to get the old chestnut "embracing mediocrity" into your fantasies somewhere :roll:

You seem so chuffed that the Saints are on the downhill slide.

Very strange for a supposed supporter. But then again you wanted a full on junkie to be recruited by the club. SHows where your moral compass points.

Lance or James??

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I still respect Brendon. He got an offer he couldn't refuse. Good luck to him, but not against us though.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Which 6 years have Sydney been down in the bottom 4 you'll have to fill me in

Same with Geelong??

How many years since Hawthorns premiership in 2008 have they spent at the bottom?
Geelong has one three premierships because of FS... Omg one of them (a pretty handy one) left
WCE were at the bottom for two years... Will win a second GF in a decade IMO
How many years have Collingwood been up....in the finals... Can you see them falling in the next 4 years

On the junkie
We instead chose a woman bashing rapist.... So good on us!

And the Junkie could play a bit?? Luckily for us, he ruined RFC
We dodged a bullet there

SAAD
Club Player

BJ is coming down off the peptides, his hormone levels are screwing with his head, needs another jab with his boys to feel normal again. He is a rat, nothing more, nothing less.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Poor Geelong, remind us what Geelong recieved when he left?

Pointing out past mistakes is easy, you really are a champion of Hindsight & the obvious. Something more interesting might be how we can improve, rather than continually obsessing over past mistakes.

Or maybe just tell us all again how stupid we were for not selecting Darling, a guy that every club passed over.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

On Gameday this morning. He started tearing up again and couldn't talk, visibly flat and exhausted. Don't kill the passion BJ, we still love ya.

Bazza1970
Club Player

Interestingly on Gameday he was asked what he missed most at the Saints and he said the boys.
And what he missed least "Seaford".

Munga
Saintsational Legend

I don't want to turn this in to a Moorabbin thread, but are there any plans for us moving back?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Bazza1970 wrote:Interestingly on Gameday he was asked what he missed most at the Saints and he said the boys.
And what he missed least "Seaford".
It's one bloke talking about the location of his workplace.

When I move on from my current position I will say the say thing, although it won't be Seaford.

He didn't like travelling there, so be it.