Umpires are cheats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpires are cheats

please tell me one, just one they got wrong that favoured the saints. PLEASE

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Buckets
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Really thought no saide was favoured by the umps. They got them early and we got them late. its going to be along few years if every week people think they cheated so we would lose.
Plugger 11-19 suggests it was slightly lopsided in a tight tough contest. The thing that gets my goat is the fact that the consistency is not there. That's all I want.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:The umpiring standard of this game is a farce, there we're plenty of absolute howlers in the filth bummers game that just wern't in the spirit of the game. Just as well Geischen and his band of idiots weren't around when Plugger and Dunstall played, the two greatest full forwards of the game would have been umpired out of the game.
The problem is that the rules change virtually every week. Name me one other sport where the rules can be different from week to week.
I've almost completely jacked of it, I love my club, but I'm getting sick and tired of seeing what was a legitimate free kick in round 1 be called play on in round 2 and so on.
Interesting holdong the ball free kick paid against Stevens in forward pocket, when in the end Stevens had actually rolled out of the pack and didn't even have the ball, the amount of incorrect disposals that were simply allowed.
Geischen is an idiot, he showed it with his coaching skills at Richmond, he is no better here, as I said, he must have some real dirt on the AFL, because I believe it is only blackmail that is keeping him in a job.

You do know Geishen isnt a coach? Is Nettlefold an idiot?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:JB do you need some positive reinforcement tonight or did you forget your tablets.
As i though, you have come here to troll
plugger66 wrote:Both sides got a good and bad run. I suggest you watch it with 2 eyes next time.
I suggest you s.hit and fall back in it. You may want to call BigMart a liar but every single one of those about is correct.

Why was Armstrong in the back and Seb Ross holding the ball? Why did NDS not get a free kick when smashed in the face in front of the umpire? From both of those decisions Swans goalled.

Why can the Swans kick the ball away when it is a Riewoldt free kick but no 50 metrs penalty, but when Geary twitches a 50 is awarded against him?

You must be absolutely brainwashed to think the umpires weren't incompetent and gifted the game to the Swans. Why bother even coming here with your idiotic BS? I can see what is fair and consistent and what is incompetent or worse.

Whispers in the Sky proved that the umpires are a law unto themselves and can cheat to influence a game. I dont suggest that tonight, however they were pathetically incompetent.

plugger66 wrote:Instead of having a go at me tell me all our wrong decisions? Should be easy if they were that bad. And to all you ready to have a go you are all invited to tell us the wrong decisons.
Whats the point, you will say every single one is correct, even when NDS was smashed in the face with a shoulder, you will say that is correct. You are trolling when it comes to umpires and everyone knows it.
plugger66 wrote:Was it Rooy basically tackling Richards before he took the mark.
No that was a fair contest. Riewoldt got blocked all night but not ne free kick. One block at a ball up in front of goal and guess what? :roll:

Keep protecting the umpires. Do you get a cut from their winnings?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Every week I see the umpires destroy us and I think I must just be a biased fan. But then have a look at this http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_t ... e=DA&sby=8

We're dead last in free kick for/against differential and it's not like we're a team of thugs or play a dirty brand of footy. In tonight's game and against Richmond the only thing separating the teams was the umpiring. You can probably throw the GC game into that but our effort was so bad we deserved to lose.

felix
Club Player

I want a player to come out and say the umpiring is biased but they won't because they are all part of the evil corporation . Lol

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:JB do you need some positive reinforcement tonight or did you forget your tablets.
plugger66 wrote:Both sides got a good and bad run. I suggest you watch it with 2 eyes next time.
I suggest you s.hit and fall back in it. You may want to call BigMart a liar but every single one of those about is correct.

Why was Armstrong in the back and Seb Ross holding the ball? Why did NDS not get a free kick when smashed in the face in front of the umpire? From both of those decisions Swans goalled.

Why can the Swans kick the ball away when it is a Riewoldt free kick but no 50 metrs penalty, but when Geary twitches a 50 is awarded against him?

You must be absolutely brainwashed to think the umpires weren't incompetent and gifted the game to the Swans. Why bother even coming here with your idiotic BS? I can see what is fair and consistent and what is incompetent or worse.

Whispers in the Sky proved that the umpires are a law unto themselves and can cheat to influence a game. I dont suggest that tonight, however they were pathetically incompetent.

plugger66 wrote:Instead of having a go at me tell me all our wrong decisions? Should be easy if they were that bad. And to all you ready to have a go you are all invited to tell us the wrong decisons.
Whats the point, you will say every single one is correct, even when NDS was smashed in the face with a shoulder, you will say that is correct. You are trolling when it comes to umpires and everyone knows it.
plugger66 wrote:Was it Rooy basically tackling Richards before he took the mark.
No that was a fair contest. Riewoldt got blocked all night but not ne free kick. One block at a ball up in front of goal and guess what? :roll:

JB you can try that quoting on others and some think it means you know what you are saying. To me it means you are struggling especially when I read some of the responses. I respect your opinion when you have your tablets. When you dont you are a crackpot especially when you say Rooys contest was fair. I suppose that happens when you dont grow up with the game.

paulski
Club Player

Umpiring standard's terrible ATM.

Most times the whistle is blown, it's a toss of the coin what decision they'll pay.

We seem to be on the wrong side of terrible decisions in every game this year, most at vital times.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not all that concerned with P66 calling me anything... His credibility is what it is.... And knowledge is there for all to see.

He's just loves the drama, which is why he does what he does... Poor guy has no life, so lives it like a sad virtual reality show...

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

StKilda 27 frees in the negative. Rules have changed from last week Roo and Kosi held and blocked well off the ball nothing. Just a joke really .

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I had to laugh after that free to Armstrong. When the ball came back to him he handed it to the other Swans player. He couldn't work out either why he was getting a free.

And the goal review. This is the second worst rule change ever. I haven't seen them once this year change an obvious wrong decision to the obvious correct decision. If the goal umpire says it was a point (I think I heard that correctly) there has to be conclusive evidence to overrule. The mark was definitely completed over the line so the video judge should have just been looking to see where Richards' first touch of the ball was.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:StKilda 27 frees in the negative. Rules have changed from last week Roo and Kosi held and blocked well off the ball nothing. Just a joke really .

Totally agree. Now i feel so much better.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

You can thank the bloody rules comittee for creating all this confusion

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I suggest most of you should stop watching the game until we are good again.
I suggest you stop slavishy defending the incompetent umpires when it is obvious they were pathetically in favour of one team tonight. Funny how only you cant see it.

I also saw it in the Collingwood v Essendon game earlier. Incompetent or worse by umpires.

But here you are defending them again, as usual.

there have been at least five free kickes mentioned on here that were blatantly wrong but you have not answered even one of them. All you have done is call people liars and some snide remark are medication :roll:

I suggest you dont come to this site if your beloved umpires are called for what they are doing to this game. Pathetic, incompetent or WORSE.

The AFL should investigate bank accounts of umpires and make sure there is not enythign untoward going on. then at least we would know they are only incompetent and not corrupt.

Plenty of betting going on nowdays, and umpires, with their low salaries could be easily corrupted, especially when they are not allowed to be critisised.

Like the drugs, betting and corruption are linked to AFL, and the umpires can turn a game.

lets hope this appalling standard is just incompetence.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:JB you can try that quoting on others and some think it means you know what you are saying. To me it means you are struggling especially when I read some of the responses. I respect your opinion when you have your tablets. When you dont you are a crackpot especially when you say Rooys contest was fair. I suppose that happens when you dont grow up with the game.
Again abuse and insult about tablets. Calling people liars and talking about medication is your response.

Why not answer what I wrote instead of the insults and abuse?

Why was Armstrongs free in the back and Seb Ross incorrect disposal when they were the same?

Why wasn't Riewoldt given a 50 metre free when the Swans kicked it away?

Why didn't NDS get a free kick for getting hit in the face in front of his goal?

You abuse and insult because you cant answer any of the queries on this thread. All you can do is support Sydney for some reason? And bag Riewoldt for getting a great contestesd mark.

You bag BM and reckon he doesn't support the Saints, but you come on here and bag the just as much.

No it is not a conspiracy, but we have been on the wrong end of all the decision every game this year, including GWS, but you continue to abuse Saints fans who have the temerity to question why we are getting such a poor run with the umpires.

One or two games maybe but 5 games in succession?

But thats right in your eyese the AFL is perfect and the umpires are infallible.

As for not growing up with the game snide remark, one can tell when a someone is rattled when they resort to really poor personal insults.

means they cant defend their argument which obviously you cant.

So it goes back to my original premis. You are trolling to get your jolleys at Saints supporters expense.

Lance or James??

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Above is how the umpires make me feel :)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:JB you can try that quoting on others and some think it means you know what you are saying. To me it means you are struggling especially when I read some of the responses. I respect your opinion when you have your tablets. When you dont you are a crackpot especially when you say Rooys contest was fair. I suppose that happens when you dont grow up with the game.
Again abuse and insult about tablets. Calling people liars and talking about medication is your response.

Why not answer what I wrote instead of the insults and abuse?

Why was Armstrongs free in the back and Seb Ross incorrect disposal when they were the same?

Why wasn't Riewoldt given a 50 metre free when the Swans kicked it away?

Why didn't NDS get a free kick for getting hit in the face in front of his goal?

You abuse and insult because you cant answer any of the queries on this thread. All you can do is support Sydney for some reason? And bag Riewoldt for getting a great contestesd mark.

You bag BM and reckon he doesn't support the Saints, but you come on here and bag the just as much.

No it is not a conspiracy, but we have been on the wrong end of all the decision every game this year, including GWS, but you continue to abuse Saints fans who have the temerity to question why we are getting such a poor run with the umpires.

One or two games maybe but 5 games in succession?

But thats right in your eyese the AFL is perfect and the umpires are infallible.

As for not growing up with the game snide remark, one can tell when a someone is rattled when they resort to really poor personal insults.

means they cant defend their argument which obviously you cant.

So it goes back to my original premis. You are trolling to get your jolleys at Saints supporters expense.

JB no i am not trolling to get a response. I honestly thought the umpires didnt favour any side. I saw Dempster pull someones head off and rooy throw someone out of the way. I saw us get bad decisions. I saw umpires hardly having an effect. Sydney dominated when they didnt get the run of the umpires. And to think calling me a troll isnt a personal insult. Thats my point. People are so one eyed that you think I am the only one giving personal insults. maybe it is actually both ways. Anyway it is illogical that the umpires want us to lose no matter who we play.

suss
Club Player

I have had to walk past the umpire training a few times recently and it's quite interesting to see how they spend their time. They actually play lots of footy. It actually looks like footy / fitness training - not umpire training.

They also spend and unbelievable amount of time practicing the gestures like tapping their hands for a rushed behind, or perfectly signaling out on the full. It's just bizarre. There doesn't seem to be any instructing or learning - just fitness and posturing.

I think the AFL needs to widen the scope of potential umpires - not just fitness freaks and perfect ball bouncers. There doesn't appear to be any diversity at all. Just white men who run marathons. If you limit the scope of people who can be umpires, the you reduce the talent pool and end up with a poor product.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Above is how the umpires make me feel :)

Me too

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Every week I see the umpires destroy us and I think I must just be a biased fan. But then have a look at this http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_t ... e=DA&sby=8

We're dead last in free kick for/against differential and it's not like we're a team of thugs or play a dirty brand of footy. In tonight's game and against Richmond the only thing separating the teams was the umpiring. You can probably throw the GC game into that but our effort was so bad we deserved to lose.
What Im trying to find and cant is season tallies for Goals Scored from Free kicks

Im sure against GC it was something like 4.2?

Id be interested to see how all our opponents have gone in goals scored from frees this year.

The issue i have with umps is two-fold:

1. consistency - but here I have sympathy as KB and his rules committee are spuds
2. free's in front of goals - THIS is the the biggy that really is influencing results. If its obvious and there pay it.....if borderline play on FFS a shot on goal is a massive penalty when u get it wrong multiple times in a game the results are skewed.

Do something Geishc you overgrown fat can toad.

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:I have had to walk past the umpire training a few times recently and it's quite interesting to see how they spend their time. They actually play lots of footy. It actually looks like footy / fitness training - not umpire training.

They also spend and unbelievable amount of time practicing the gestures like tapping their hands for a rushed behind, or perfectly signaling out on the full. It's just bizarre. There doesn't seem to be any instructing or learning - just fitness and posturing.

I think the AFL needs to widen the scope of potential umpires - not just fitness freaks and perfect ball bouncers. There doesn't appear to be any diversity at all. Just white men who run marathons. If you limit the scope of people who can be umpires, the you reduce the talent pool and end up with a poor product.

I think it should be women only. Men seem get caught up in making themselves the spectacle. Stupid little peacocks wanting to increase their already elevated egos. Ray Chamberlain should have been banned for life now he's back again.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Joffa, i was 100% certain the AFL was rigged watching the Tigers game.
Last edited by ShanghaiSaint on Thu 25 Apr 2013 10:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Every week I see the umpires destroy us and I think I must just be a biased fan. But then have a look at this http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_t ... e=DA&sby=8

What Im trying to find and cant is season tallies for Goals Scored from Free kicks

Im sure against GC it was something like 4.2?

Id be interested to see how all our opponents have gone in goals scored from frees this year.

The issue i have with umps is two-fold:

1. consistency - but here I have sympathy as KB and his rules committee are spuds
2. free's in front of goals - THIS is the the biggy that really is influencing results. If its obvious and there pay it.....if borderline play on FFS a shot on goal is a massive penalty when u get it wrong multiple times in a game the results are skewed.

Do something Geishc you overgrown fat can toad.
I think it was the Richmond game when they had 9 free kicks inside 50 for 4.2 opposed to our 1 and 0.0

It really is becoming an issue for our footy club and you can be certain that nothing like this would happen to Collingwood without Eddie and co. making a huge deal over it and getting things swayed back in their favour. Honestly close losses are probably better for us in the long term, but it's bloody demoralising to match your opposition week after week and have the result decided by a bunch of cheap free kicks paid to the opposition forwards with the same treatment being ignored in our forward line.

The sad thing is that a contest isn't won by the players anymore. When multiple players go for the ball the umpire picks one technical offence to punish and awards the free kick. The push in the back rule was brought into the game to stop players from shoving their opponents when they try to mark or kick - that barely ever happens now yet we have 10+ free kicks paid for incidental contact that is usually technically correct. The sliding vs high contact just means the umpires can't be wrong whichever way they pay the free since both players are technically offending. Holding the ball and incorrect disposal are largely ignored except for when the umpire feels like the game needs to get moving and they pluck one out of nowhere.

I find myself enjoying local footy more and more. The game is left to the players except when someone gets a whack in the head, shoved in the back or takes and opponent on and gets caught. The AFL is largely about how you position yourself in the umpires eyes.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
I find myself enjoying local footy more and more. The game is left to the players except when someone gets a whack in the head, shoved in the back or takes and opponent on and gets caught. The AFL is largely about how you position yourself in the umpires eyes.
I have noticed this as well.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Another loss, another thread blaming the umpiring......