Spencer White

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

howlinwolf
Club Player

Re: Spencer White

I reckon Roo would kill for delivery like that from Webster !
Nick could have been anything with passes like that. It's usually just over his head or hitting the turf before he gets there.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

another video

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:another video
Delicious.....

big_mac_evoy5
Club Player

He's actually a very accurate kick for goal kicking 36 and 12 last year the wind played a big factor. Siposs struggled with kicking also. He will be a player one of or the fastest guy at the combine last year in closing
Get around him!!!

saints for the flag armitage for rising start
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

kimberly saint wrote:Was he really that good today , or are we scratching up another tommy walsh. I dont mean to sound negative and question people judgement i just now supporters get bit carried away at times. Is there any links for the game or high lights for those in remote WA :D
Oh yes he was. Did nothing in the first half, then kicked three and missed 4 really gettable ones in the second half, took a screamer and kicked a beauty after running and bouncing ala Buddy. This kid could be anything.

big_mac_evoy5
Club Player

Here is his draft profile everything u need to know
http://drafttracker.afl.com.au/

saints for the flag armitage for rising start
kimberly saint
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:another video
god does he model him self on buddy , that explains why every ones raving about him today :D .

Lets hopee like hell he stays injury free and matures into a senior footballer for the sainters :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
kp83 wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:Was he really that good today , or are we scratching up another tommy walsh. I dont mean to sound negative and question people judgement i just now supporters get bit carried away at times. Is there any links for the game or high lights for those in remote WA :D
He looked a very likely type today. Definately needs to get fitter and stronger as most 18y.o's do, but I think we have a player here.
From what I saw, he didn't have much opposition.
BUT, unlike Tommy Walsh, this kid looked like he understood the game and instinctively ran to dangerous places.
He hasn't got any strength as yet so he was marking the footy because of footy smarts/ability rather than just trough sheer size advantage.
And he is deceptively quick for a guy his size. I'm not sure exactly how tall he is (I'd guess around the 190-193cm mark), but he plays like a tall with the ability to run away from any tall defender.

196cm according to official records...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

It's exciting. A long way to go, but his early signs are very exciting.

The last 2 years have been boring at best following our dwindling and spent list, hopefully the latter half of the year we will see some of these youngsters get a taste and show us something going forward.
As a football supporter in times of not competing at the top level,all you want is hope for the future. A young up and coming side gives a lot of excitement, lets hope we can produce a few in the next 16 months.

Bring back the Lockett era
gringo
Saintsational Legend

My Tiger supporter mate saw plenty of him and said we should play him from day one and fast track him even if he takes two year. He said he just needs to play and play at a high level and he will make it.

We should think about giving him a game against the Pies. Stanley running from FB Spencer at FF scary in 2015 for the opposition.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I am also queuing for a membership for the "Spencer White Fan Club".

It's exciting to have a potential star in the making in the right colours.

Stoked for him to get the #18 guernsey as well.

Can't wait for his debut. I will wear my #18 guernsey without feeling ashamed about Goddard.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Munga
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we could have White and Stanley just doing circle work around the ground. White leads all the way up the ground, Stanley goes for a trot forward, and around....and around.... :)

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He was playing in a team that had 45 scoring shots..... Daniel Archer would have kicked a bag!

But the boy has some unique attributes and special tricks..... That is exciting. His speed is something else...

In saying that, Terry Milera looked like Darren Jarman at that level.... He is possibly two levels above VFL.

Stanley, Riewoldt, White, Gilbert.... There are some really exciting tall athletes there.
Except that he played well when the games wAs in the balance.
The goal on the run was in the second quarter when sandy was behind.
He was a talent when it counted.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
BigMart wrote:He was playing in a team that had 45 scoring shots..... Daniel Archer would have kicked a bag!

But the boy has some unique attributes and special tricks..... That is exciting. His speed is something else...

In saying that, Terry Milera looked like Darren Jarman at that level.... He is possibly two levels above VFL.

Stanley, Riewoldt, White, Gilbert.... There are some really exciting tall athletes there.

And even more importantly he nearly won the game for Sandy last week. If we work on the theory the game meant nothing no one would pick Milera next week and some have.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

And even more importantly he nearly won the game for Sandy last week. If we work on the theory the game meant nothing no one would pick Milera next week and some have.
Yep.
I would pick him, swap him for saad or tdl or both.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:I reckon Roo would kill for delivery like that from Webster !
Nick could have been anything with passes like that. It's usually just over his head or hitting the turf before he gets there.
Don't get me started.....

Ive been watching that running goal from White for ten minutes on Youtube.... Rather impressive.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

That goal (as good as it was) was his second possession in 60 minutes of footy... While yes it was a highlight, he had been unsighted until that point.

Second half was a procession..... Milera kicked 3 or 4 in the first half and had 12 touches, he also set up 2.

Last week Sandy drew with Port... Spencer had a good 20 minutes of footy and got port back into it. He has explosive tools, but is very inconsistent.... Mainly due to lack of second efforts... And that is why he doesn't win much footy.

If he gets a defensive side to his game, he will be AFL ready... And with his attributes he will be a weapon

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:That goal (as good as it was) was his second possession in 60 minutes of footy... While yes it was a highlight, he had been unsighted until that point.

Second half was a procession..... Milera kicked 3 or 4 in the first half and had 12 touches, he also set up 2.

Last week Sandy drew with Port... Spencer had a good 20 minutes of footy and got port back into it. He has explosive tools, but is very inconsistent.... Mainly due to lack of second efforts... And that is why he doesn't win much footy.

If he gets a defensive side to his game, he will be AFL ready... And with his attributes he will be a weapon
And that is why he has unrealised potential.
When you're young you are inconsistent and need coaching/teaching....ring any bells.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:That goal (as good as it was) was his second possession in 60 minutes of footy... While yes it was a highlight, he had been unsighted until that point.

Saw him lay a tackle today in our forward 50 that directly resulted in a goal. Is it attitude or fitness?

maverick wrote:

And that is why he has unrealised potential.
When you're young you are inconsistent and need coaching/teaching....ring any bells.

Im still trying to work how BM knew White had a good 20 minutes as he wasnt there and how those 20 minutes got Port back into the game. Grain of salt.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Read the report on the Zebs website, and the numerous posts on here... Which you were involved in....

The media do report on games, and I can read.

I'm sure coming through the Melbourne HS program and the TAC Cup system... He's been coached before.. But yes further advanced instruction will help, but he does need to follow those instructions. Coaches can help a player, but they don't make th player. That is his responsibility.

The AFL system will either make him, or break him. Could be Brooks, Beetham, Raph who all dominated at VFL level early or he could be a jet at AFL Level?

One thing he does have... As I've mentioned.
The raw tools

Fitness would be a real issue for him this year... Like it was for Arryn Siposs who is still building it to AFL standard

Also Like Arryn I reckon he grew up dominating, so working hard would be a foreign thing and need to be learned over time...

I am very hopeful Spencer becomes a hard working player, because if he does... He freakish things will happen more often

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:I reckon Roo would kill for delivery like that from Webster !
The kick was well over White's head, just that he read it well and turned 180 to mark it. Rooey hasn't done that so much in the last few years, he prefers to throw his arms up and hope that he gets a free kick.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Goodes at the Swans rarely plays a consistent game, but usually has a couple of inspired bursts during a game which get them back in the game, or wins it for them. I think White will play that style rather than slog along for four quarters.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I actually remember Terry Wallace saying that he took Tambling over Buddy because he had heard there were knocks on his commitment and wondered wether he really wanted to play AFL. Was too laconic apparently. Decided he got it wrong after watching his first game.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I actually remember Terry Wallace saying that he took Tambling over Buddy because he had heard there were knocks on his commitment and wondered wether he really wanted to play AFL. Was too laconic apparently. Decided he got it wrong after watching his first game.
wonder what his excuse was for choosing tripod over roughhead.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.