It was like supporting the Saints interstate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

It was like supporting the Saints interstate

Wow, I can't remember Saints fans being so bloody quiet. Even when we were leading, there was very little noise. Jesus, we have a serious bone to pick with the Filth. Where was the bloody passion from our fans last night? I could have thought I was at a funeral home at one point.

Sure, it was an "away" game, even though it's suppose to be our home ground. Thanks AFL (and modern day softock corporate football) for sticking us in that homeless shelter for Melbourne based clubs.

Anyway, what I want to say is LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE next time, yeah?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
jaxons
Club Player

Re: It was like supporting the Saints interstate

There were hardly any Stkilda supporters there.
It is just embarrassing.
To all saints supporters who are not going please come each week and barrack for your team.
Lenny Hayes and Nick Riewoldt turn up every week so should you!

Skildir
Club Player

jaxons wrote:There were hardly any Stkilda supporters there.
It is just embarrassing.
To all saints supporters who are not going please come each week and barrack for your team.
Well said mate.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I was in the country all day and didn't have time to get back out to the game but will always go if i can.

i went out to waverley in the mid 1990s and sat by myself in the rain watching us get smashed by the Dees and stayed until the final; siren. That was the point I realised I took footy too seriously. none of my friends wanted to have to sit through it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:There were hardly any Stkilda supporters there.
It is just embarrassing.
When Lenny hayes and Nick Riewoldt turn up to my work and when I am getting paid $500k a season, I'll consider it.

I'll go when I want to, not when so tonk on an internet forum demands it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
jaxons
Club Player

Good attitude Joffa.
You'd think I asked you to commit a crime.
Come to the footy, barrack for the players and support the club.
Otherwise we will turn into Melb or Bulldogs and we are better than that.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:Good attitude Joffa.
You don't know what Joffas personal situation or anyone else's for that matter, I was not their yesterday and that's my business

I love this club
jaxons
Club Player

Totally agree that people have issues family, business or personal that are more important than footy.
Let me rephrase and say if you choose to sit and watch at home and not come to the ground when you are fit, well and available then you are letting the Saints down.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
You don't know what Joffas personal situation or anyone else's for that matter, I was not their yesterday and that's my business
Exactly. I have been a supporter of this club for over 45 years. Have been a paid up member since 1990. I am a social club member, also have a reserved seat.

I put money in to sponsor a player as well.

Not much, many others do more, many more do less. I just hate this inference that because this year I cant make it to many games, that this jaxons character is some form of more pure supporter than I am.

I will come to the footy when it suits me, I will support the club the way i feel fit, and wont have some puritanical pissant trying to lord it over me.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

my giant tv, combustion heater and misses were better, warmer and err warmer

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:Totally agree that people have issues family, business or personal that are more important than footy.
Let me rephrase and say if you choose to sit and watch at home and not come to the ground when you are fit, well and available then you are letting the Saints down.
Says who?

Who the fcuk are you to tell ANYONE how and when to support thier team.

You may be a sad arsed nobody with no life. You may be of such low intelligence that you think that your way is the only righteous way. But a big FU to that.

I have my membership, I have paid my dues, I will go to a game or not when and where i see fit.

As for letting down the Saints. F.U.C.K. the Saints. They have broken my and every Saints supporters hearts for decades, yet we still buy our membership, sponsor players etc etc.

The support and love is unrequited. Dont love something that wont love you back.

So I couldn't care less if you "think" you are a better supporter than others, that you are more pure. I chose not to go last night. I have been to one game this year, and if I choose, I may decide not to go to any more.

What fkn business is it of yours? Would gladly put up the money I have spent on the Saints over 45 years compared to you anytime, Mr Holier than thou zealot.

Lance or James??

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Work commitments and a 380 km round trip make Friday nights a tough ask for me. And..............it was a Collingwood home game. 40,000 was a poor crowd; I expected more. No way, however, would I consider contributing to the wealth of Collingwood. Sainternist is right though. Of the 47,000 + at OUR home game againts Essendon it felt like 30,000 of the crowed were barracking for the Dopers.

We need to get along to our home games, at least to support the Club's bottom line. By the way Joffa, don't forget to renew your prescriptions as well as your membership! :wink:

Saint supporter since '62
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:my giant tv, combustion heater and misses were better, warmer and err warmer
You dirty little dirty :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote:Work commitments and a 380 km round trip make Friday nights a tough ask for me. And..............it was a Collingwood home game. 40,000 was a poor crowd; I expected more. No way, however, would I consider contributing to the wealth of Collingwood. Sainternist is right though. Of the 47,000 + at OUR home game againts Essendon it felt like 30,000 of the crowed were barracking for the Dopers.

We need to get along to our home games, at least to support the Club's bottom line. By the way Joffa, don't forget to renew your prescriptions as well as your membership! :wink:
lol Trev. Really I just get sick of newbies coming on here and telling everyone howgreat they are cause they go to football matches and how bad the rest of us are because we dont.

They can Fcuk off and die. Fkn pompous softc@cks

Lance or James??

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

I've been a member for 43 concetuive years, but I find it just too difficult to attend away games at Docklands. In the old days, it was easy to catch up with and stand with mates at the football, but now it's just way too difficult. Real blokes arn't organised enough to coordinate tickets with friends mid week. Normal blokes just call their mates when they get to the ground.

Because I've got a reserved seat, I go to nearly every home game - except when our home games are in New Zealand or Tasmania or Canberra.

I'd be inclined to go to Geelong, but I'm not prepared to start organising my life that far in advance.

jaxons
Club Player

Joffaboy
Never said I was great going to games.
Also been a member for over 40 years and we can start with the $25,000 I gave the club a few years ago and see if that stacks up on your balance sheet!
We shouldn't be attacking each other as we all love the saints.
Yes I went last night and go each week.
It was very disappointing as this thread title started to see the little support we had there last night and also at our home games v Richmond and Essendon this year.
I agree Saints have broken our heart.
But tell me if they had won the flag recently would you be going each week now?
You can choose to do whatever you like quite frankly.
Me going to games doesn't make me a better supporter than you.
3 years ago I felt we were turning into a superpower with all our supporters at games.
We are miles off that at the moment.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

People will make noise when the club starts winning.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
snowdelisaint
Club Player

Sitting on the (pseudo) Moorabbin wing on Level 3 with other Saints, we made a fair bit of noise. I encourage Saints fans to try to get up there, especially in a game against the filth, you don't want to sit around pie fans. I appreciate there was not much noise around the rest of the stadium but if you're sitting on your own over the other side there's a good reason for that.

oh when the
Club Player

We sat on the docks side = even the pies people were quiet last night.
We had Nathan Wrights family sitting behind -Pies supporters barracking for Saints -
like I said to them the most sane pies people i have met.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Exactly. I have been a supporter of this club for over 45 years. Have been a paid up member since 1990. I am a social club member, also have a reserved seat.

I put money in to sponsor a player as well.

Not much, many others do more, many more do less. I just hate this inference that because this year I cant make it to many games, that this jaxons character is some form of more pure supporter than I am.

I will come to the footy when it suits me, I will support the club the way i feel fit, and wont have some puritanical pissant trying to lord it over me.

lol...you have a nice turn of phrase. Hilarious and agree.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Trev from the Bush wrote:Work commitments and a 380 km round trip make Friday nights a tough ask for me. And..............it was a Collingwood home game. 40,000 was a poor crowd; I expected more. No way, however, would I consider contributing to the wealth of Collingwood. Sainternist is right though. Of the 47,000 + at OUR home game againts Essendon it felt like 30,000 of the crowed were barracking for the Dopers.

lol Trev. Really I just get sick of newbies coming on here and telling everyone howgreat they are cause they go to football matches and how bad the rest of us are because we dont.

They can Fcuk off and die. Fkn pompous softc@cks

When it comes to recognising "some tonk on the internet" you are ably qualified to recognise one Joffa. Just look in the mirror.

Saint supporter since '62
St Lenny
Club Player

Our supporters are tragic. It would seem when we are winning we can get there, but when the going gets tough, other things come into play. Pathetic, so much for Strength Through Loyalty, only when it suits.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I was there last night and there was plenty of support for the Sainters where I was standing.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
jaxons
Club Player

100% correct St.Lenny.
It is disappointing and then people get defensive.
As I said I understand that sometimes other things in life are more important.
However whether we are good or struggling if you are available come and barrack for the Saints at the footy please.
I love it when the ground is packed with noisy Saints fans and I guarantee you it gives the players a massive lift.
Don't be fair weather supporters.
At least everyone try and come and make it a fortress against Carlton this Monday as any Stkilda supporter should hate Carlton more than any other opposition.

georgie girl
Club Player

snowdelisaint wrote:Sitting on the (pseudo) Moorabbin wing on Level 3 with other Saints, we made a fair bit of noise. I encourage Saints fans to try to get up there, especially in a game against the filth, you don't want to sit around pie fans. I appreciate there was not much noise around the rest of the stadium but if you're sitting on your own over the other side there's a good reason for that.
We were a little late to get a seat in that area but weren't far away.
You guys did a great job. We certainly heard you! We tried to join in but Saints fans were sparse near us!
Interesting and amusing to see so many Pies fans near us leave with five minutes to go!