PRESTIA on our radar!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Re: PRESTIA on our radar!

plugger66 wrote:
mightysainters wrote:ok well i think we need to make a real play

Blake, Jones AND Gilbert for Prestia

Three starting 21 players for a player who hasnt even played 50 games :3

We arent trying to make them laugh. 2 out of those 3 would be free anyway.

I assume your sarcasm detector isn't on? :wink:

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Richter wrote:Perhaps we'll give them our first rounder (say #6) for Prestia and their second rounder (#25) - would something like that get it done?
Overs... he was pick 9 in a weak draft...

Would not trade away our first pick... Best available talent please..

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Are we dealing with the Gold Coast Suns or that other mob up there that Gerard Healy was talking about? :P

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

We arent trying to make them laugh. 2 out of those 3 would be free anyway.

I assume your sarcasm detector isn't on? :wink:

Sorry. I usually can pick up on it but the wet weather has shorted my brain.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Saints94 wrote:He won't come to us mark my words, if he does even leave he will go to a more powerfull club, its how it is these days get used to it...

Saints94 you are right to highlight this weak example of AFL policy-making. For the new ' trade ' system to merely function as a super-highway to strengthening the hand of the more powerful clubs is a clear example of how the AFL have neglected or worse abandoned their public stance of working to support equal strength in all clubs - not just the financial giants or sacrosanct ' new ' clubs.
The financial supremacy of the richies should receive some sort of handicap simply to reduce the growing gap between the rich and poor. For the Saints having to deal with the Dome-debacle -( l mean the financial circus that the Saints are 'forced 'to accept BY THE AFL) I S B A D E N O U G H :evil:

I accept your point Saints94 but as a club and particularly as supporters we shouldn't let the forget that we think it stinks!

I haven't seen enough of Prestia but he does sound impressive. Mind you with the likes of R.Harvey having left our midfield mix ( i know it's a while ago now) and L.Hayes retiring as well on the on the horizon my gut tells me we need a real class act to add to the new midfield that Watters is growing. Of coarse we might already have the player we seek but it might also only become obvious after another 40 games or so. Ross or Webster or Wright might very well be the real deal.

Anyway better brains than me will hopefully convince D. Prestia to get on board if they think he is the one we need.
I think Roberton was a very encouraging pickup and Hickey definately has potential too so l am encouraged that whoever we land next will make us a whole lot stronger.

By the way last Monday was Fantastic - I was bustin to quote George Costanza. Thankyou Saints.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

In all seriousness

Gilbert and a second rounder... probably wouldn't be enough, but that would be a dream!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:He won't come to us mark my words, if he does even leave he will go to a more powerfull club, its how it is these days get used to it...
Didn't we just beat collingwood to hickey... Carlton to Lee?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

The rumour was that the Filth had offered pick 18 (after they bent WC over for Wellingham & robbed Melbourne blind for Dawes & ended up with 3 consecutive picks).

The AFL released changes to the ruck rule mid way through trade period that made athletic ruckman with a high leap a valuable commodity (nice of them to do that)... suddenly the asking price for Hickey went up & pick 13 was the only way to get the deal done.

The way Tom looks already indicates that we may have got away with a steal. If you pick up a ruckman with #13 & he performs like this after a handful of games you'd be jumping through hoops. I suppose the big test will be how Brodie Grundy ends up as we could have snaffled him at 13 (instead of the Filth getting him at 19).

Not sure about the Lee/ Carlton thing. A Phantom Draft had the Cheats taking him with their first pick (11?) so that maybe where that came from.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Will go to Collingwood on an $80k a year minimum wage contract, but luckily for him Channel 9 really rate his personality and will give him a 10 year, 4 episodes a season Footy Show deal.. Worth $1M p.a.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Clearly has Melb links which is good for because when he comes next year he'll be able to talk about Melb at length with J Watts/Frawley who have also come across...... just make sure he sings the correct song....

“Yeah….nah””
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Are we dealing with the Gold Coast Suns or that other mob up there that Gerard Healy was talking about? :P
I actually thought Gerard was referring to the new On the Couch timeslot because of the Monday night game, and just said "see you next tuesday" ;)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kos
Club Player

he had a cracker game on the weekend, around 30 disposals and 10 tackles!

savatage
SS Life Member

He's a shortarse- but he's a gun!

Richter
SS Life Member

mightysainters wrote:
Richter wrote:Perhaps we'll give them our first rounder (say #6) for Prestia and their second rounder (#25) - would something like that get it done?
Overs... he was pick 9 in a weak draft...

Would not trade away our first pick... Best available talent please..
He's only 20, played 37 games and is averaging 22 disposals and 4 tackles a game this season. That's pretty good. That said, I really haven't noticed him as I haven't seen enough Suns' games. Is he a better prospect than what we might get with say a pick 6 or 7?

Other pick 6s and 7s since the turn of the century:

Reece Conca, Josh Caddy, Gary Rohan, Brad Sheppard, Chris Yarran, Daniel Rich, David Myers, Rhys Palmer, Mitch Thorp, Joel Selwood, Beau Dowler, Paddy Ryder, Tom Williams, Jordan Lewis, Kepler Bradley, Kane Tenace, Steve Salopek, Andrew Mackie, Ashley Sampi, David Hale, Dylan Smith, Laurence Angwin

Only one elite player, lots of good players and the odd dud. Suggests most #6 and #7s will get you a 150 game player. To me that would suggest that someone like Prestia is well on the way to that and may turn out even better so could be worth it particularly if we could snag a low 2nd rounder or the like back the other way.

NB He would also be ready to go, so could speed up our bottoming out process by helping to mitigate the likely retirement of Lenny at year's end.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SaintTom
Club Player

Fairly sure that we stated we wouldn't be trading out our first round pick this year, so you can safely assume nothing like that will occur.

noob
Club Player

About time. I'm sick of getting rid of our first round picks.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If we ended up with a kid at pick 6 and prestia on top of that
ill be popping champagne nude on frankston link

lloyd21
Club Player

PRESTIA on our radar!

Think he is strong chance to return home , refused to entertain contract extension .

Gold Coast though will be tough to deal with on trade ,personally think Saints would try & get him thru pres season draft offering contract that other clubs eg bulldogs could not match Cooney going to bend them over next year.
High $$$$$$ first year of 4 contract .

Pelchen has already stated 1st round will not be traded this year.

Looking at the Geelong Falcons & South Australia kids a lot of gun mids coming thru.

lloyd21
Club Player

PRESTIA on our radar!

Think he is strong chance to return home , refused to entertain contract extension .

Gold Coast though will be tough to deal with on trade ,personally think Saints would try & get him thru pres season draft offering contract that other clubs eg bulldogs could not match Cooney going to bend them over next year.
High $$$$$$ first year of 4 contract .

Pelchen has already stated 1st round will not be traded this year.

Looking at the Geelong Falcons & South Australia kids a lot of gun mids coming thru.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Not to be insensitive but I'd prefer we got a player with 2 legs

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote: The way Tom looks already indicates that we may have got away with a steal. If you pick up a ruckman with #13 & he performs like this after a handful of games you'd be jumping through hoops. I suppose the big test will be how Brodie Grundy ends up as we could have snaffled him at 13 (instead of the Filth getting him at 19).
not to forget we upgraded two other picks with that

Tom Hickey and Draft picks No. 26 and 47 for Draft picks No. 13, 37 and 57

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

fingers wrote:Not to be insensitive but I'd prefer we got a player with 2 legs

Got one more than Kurtley Beale

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Not to be insensitive but I'd prefer we got a player with 2 legs

don't worry I know this guy dank that can grow him a new one

jaxons
Club Player

Have watched him closely this year and would definitely swap our first pick for Prestia he is a jet.
We offered our first pick for Caddy last year remember and Prestia is miles better.
This would be a great trade for us and exactly what we need.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:Have watched him closely this year and would definitely swap our first pick for Prestia he is a jet.
We offered our first pick for Caddy last year remember and Prestia is miles better.
This would be a great trade for us and exactly what we need.

Our first round was 12 last year and more likely to be 6 this year. Thats a huge difference.